Mock Offseason

MKnight82

On 11/11/2023 at 4:05 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Queen absolutely is a Mike. He played Mike before they traded for Roquan Smith. Like I said, either Queen or White.

Ya but Queen sucked at it.  He's like Jamin Davis, he needs to just read and react. He isn't a mental player. 

On 11/11/2023 at 4:05 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Also, White does not deserve to be the highest paid Mike. If he wants that much, we need to pass on him. 

Agreed. I'm a hard pass on paying White a huge contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but Queen sucked at it.  He's like Jamin Davis, he needs to just read and react. He isn't a mental player. 

Agreed. I'm a hard pass on paying White a huge contract.

I also think what was in front of Queen in Baltimore isn't what he would have here. I think he reads and reacts well. I like his instincts, but as you said, his play wasn't up to par for them there. 

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Jamin-I was excited about his "potential"but it ain't happening. He's a liability. Sets there with his hands on his knees, the ball is snapped and he's still in place- way slow to react. The new H C will cut him . 

J. Davis is pretty good when he blitzes. Let him rush the QB on passing downs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Jamin-I was excited about his "potential"but it ain't happening. He's a liability. Sets there with his hands on his knees, the ball is snapped and he's still in place- way slow to react. The new H C will cut him . 

Not sure what you’re watching, Davis is a good linebacker 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure what you’re watching, Davis is a good linebacker 

I see him blocked easily- a lot. He was responsible on that long run against the Eagles. Slow to react and easily cut off. Guess I'm just looking for the negative side. It's possible. The whole damn D under performs .

Jamin is another victim of this horrendous scheme. He really isn't a bad linebacker. He gets put into positions to fail a lot of times and makes him look worse than he is. He's out there trying to cover for himself and the other dog **** backer they put on the field with him whether that be Mayo or Barton. If we could run a true 4-3 and have him play a true outside linebacker, he would flourish. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 4:24 PM, Slappy Mc said:

I also think what was in front of Queen in Baltimore isn't what he would have here. I think he reads and reacts well. I like his instincts, but as you said, his play wasn't up to par for them there. 

That’s not true, Baltimore has one of the best DL’s in the league. They still run a 3-4.  They don’t have the names we do or the high profile, but their NT Michael Pierce can’t be moved in the run game, he’s 350 pounds.

At DE they have Justin Madibuke who has 36 tackles & 9.5 sacks in a little over half the season & at the other DE spot they have Travis Jones who was a 2nd round pick a few years ago out of Connecticut and is a very solid player too.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:38 AM, Scott Land said:

Jamin is another victim of this horrendous scheme. He really isn't a bad linebacker. He gets put into positions to fail a lot of times and makes him look worse than he is. He's out there trying to cover for himself and the other dog **** backer they put on the field with him whether that be Mayo or Barton. If we could run a true 4-3 and have him play a true outside linebacker, he would flourish. 

I agree our other LB’s aren’t good but Jamin also makes mistakes as well. Jamin is naturally a very gifted athlete and player but at times he makes mental mistakes which is why it didn’t work out with him as the MLB who called the plays, he’s often times slow to diagnose plays and react to them. He’s often times a step slow in that regard. He’s a good player who has a lot of natural gifts and raw talent but he’s an inconsistent LB.

Also, the league isn’t the way it was 10, 15, 20 plus years ago. Teams may have a base D with a 3-4, but their strong-side linebackers barely play or are pass rushers on passing downs, not dropping back in coverage anymore.

Every 4-3 in the NFL is run like ours nowadays for most of their plays as a 4-2-5. Every single team in the league plays 3 safeties or 3 CBs more than half of the game bc of how often teams throw unless they’re playing a team with one of the top RBs in the NFL.

Kam Curl plays Buffalo nickel on run downs which is essentially a WLB position who plays on the weak side of the offensive formation and off the ball so that he doesn’t have to take on offensive lineman should the team run the ball.

Essentiall, Curl is our 3rd linebacker & he also calls the defense.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2