Mock Offseason

MKnight82

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We haven’t started our off-season thread yet so I’ll just add to Knights here. This team needs to go out and get Tee Higgins. I know he’s going to cost a lot but he’d paid well with McLaurin and you could put Dotson in the slot. 

Yeah, I agree with this. Higgins should be a target.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, lavar703 said:

We haven’t started our off-season thread yet so I’ll just add to Knights here. This team needs to go out and get Tee Higgins. I know he’s going to cost a lot but he’d paid well with McLaurin and you could put Dotson in the slot. 

I’m not opposed to it but I would hope they address the biggest needs too. For ex. upgrading WR with a guy with size is more of a luxury and if you do that but don’t upgrade OT, LG, LB & probably DE just making the WR position a greater strength doesn’t move the needle much on improving the team.

And I know you don’t want to hear this, but Curtis Samuel is having a better season than Tee Higgins and is obviously more versatile.

Edited by turtle28

On 11/5/2023 at 7:53 PM, lavar703 said:

I think cincy has a lot of cap space.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but they are going to have to make Chase the highest paid WR in the NFL next year.

They could sign them both, but I hear you, got to budget for a position group.  Chase still has another year though.  Hey good for us, probably quite expensive though.

Could you imagine signing Higgins and then drafting Brock Bowers lol. I know, not enough footballs to go around but my lord the weapons. And those two high picks in the second are going to be vital. Two high seconds and two thirds. Plenty of spots to take a OL and LB if you went Bowers in the first. 

On 11/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, lavar703 said:

Could you imagine signing Higgins and then drafting Brock Bowers lol. I know, not enough footballs to go around but my lord the weapons. And those two high picks in the second are going to be vital. Two high seconds and two thirds. Plenty of spots to take a OL and LB if you went Bowers in the first. 

I don’t mind this but just keep in mind if you do this that Charles Leno is probably the starting LT again next year which is fine, he’s average. 

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t mind this but just keep in mind if you do this that Charles Leno is probably the starting LT again next year which is fine, he’s average. 

I'm not like most of the fanbase. I have almost no issues with Leno. I think he's pretty good honestly. Great, no. But I think he's probably middle of the pack for LT.

• Like 2

I don't think I want to spend the money on Higgins. We could probably find another WR in the 3rd round again and bring in a guy like DJ Chark or something. Is Pittman going to be more expensive than Higgins? I doubt the Colts let him go, but I would consider him over Higgins. Ridley? Boyd?

We could go blow the money on Devin White and take care of that issue. I'm not sure the o-line FA options are promising, so I do think we have to attack that in the draft.