GB:'s and Jockstraps: Dallas at the Sheagles.

HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The OL didn’t block perfectly on every snap against an elite DL. So be it. Tyron, Tyler, and ZM all showed up quite solid (or better).

Only one player completely ruined the game with their incompetence. 

I mean, we kind of-sort of score two TD's that didn't count. One on the Lineman not reporting and Schoon getting tackled before the ball got there. I can appreciate instant replay being used. ANd easy to say because we got the short end of the stick on the goal line tackle on 4th down. But at what point does the continuation of the catch come into play, or should it. I mean everything is so easy to see now with super HD and super slo-mo.

It's beyond frustrating, bad calls all the way around but one can't help it seems we got the short end way more than the eagles did. Sometimes we just need to let 'em play and not be so....I don't know...picky, exact, precise. 

But to the topic at hand. TP did score on a run play and there is no question Steele was horrendous and a big factor in the loss. The rest of the line seemed to hold up pretty well.

Edited by HDsportsfan

9 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

when it happened for some reason i just kinda brushed it off. but looking back, man, what a bone-headed play. whole game could've been different if he was just more aware of the sideline.

There is an issue with momentum. If he plants that right foot inside the sideline he might not have had the leverage to push up field enough to get across the goal line.

7 hours ago, TVScout said:

There is an issue with momentum. If he plants that right foot inside the sideline he might not have had the leverage to push up field enough to get across the goal line.

true, but he could've pushed off and jumped towards the goal line a bit earlier at an angle as opposed to hitting the sideline and going straight up the field. IIRC he had enough space between him and the defender, even if he got hit I think he would've crossed the plane with the ball. i mean, hindsight and everything of course. i don't put a ton of blame on Dak since overall he played really well, but that play definitely stings.

12 hours ago, TVScout said:

But if he plants his foot outside the sideline the play is definitely over. You don’t even get a “might.” 

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

At best he would have sent the game into overtime.

Again, I’m not sure your point. Are you arguing that it’s best to step out of bounds because you get more leverage and even if you do score it’s only overtime which doesn’t guarantee a win? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Again, I’m not sure your point. Are you arguing that it’s best to step out of bounds because you get more leverage and even if you do score it’s only overtime which doesn’t guarantee a win? 

The game would have been lost in O.T.