2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

7 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Brito and Vasquez are just arms, we had excess depth

King and Thorpe have potential

It was a King for Soto trade IMO - far as the proven talent goes. I like King a lot. He's shown he can pitch and succeed in NY and he has dynamic stuff. That said, I was concerned how his elbow/arm would hold up over the long term or with additional workload, in so much as his stuff has both velocity and some *serious* spin to it. None the less, you make this trade. I'm hopeful we're able to sign Soto long term...but Yamamoto's decision will have bearing here.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why?

Meeting with every team a bunch of different times; a big list of wants. Just seems high maintenance. If Yankees want to resign Soto, doubt they can sink another 300 million into Yamamoto. Rumblings are he doesn't want to play "second fiddle" to Shohei and be one of the big stars on his team. And he's taking FOREVER 

12 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Meeting with every team a bunch of different times; a big list of wants. Just seems high maintenance. If Yankees want to resign Soto, doubt they can sink another 300 million into Yamamoto. Rumblings are he doesn't want to play "second fiddle" to Shohei and be one of the big stars on his team. And he's taking FOREVER 

Imagine making a life-altering decision and someone's mad because you didn't make that decision in a split second.  Insane.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

"Split second." Guy was posted like a month ago 

November 2nd - All players that are eligible are FAs (including Shohei Otahni)
December 11th - Shohei Otahni signs with LA Dodgers

Let me guess, Ohtani must be high maintenance.