The Bye Week Thread: The Eagles Watch as the Rest of the League Goes for 2nd

EaglesPeteC

On 11/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, Nabbs4u said:

You can tell the NFL was really hoping Justin Fields was the next Jalen Hurts./ Josh Allen and about to have that 3rd year type jump in QB play.

Bears -Panthers on TNF? Jesus!

Yes but I think they got that “next star QB” in Houston now so I think they’re probably not gonna cling to the Justin fields hype train any more.

Edited by Jays3

Speaking of the chiefs, it’s kind of a weird season for them isn’t it? It’s like the team flip flopped. They’ve had the elite offense and “good enough” defense for years but now it’s almost like their defense is the one winning games for them. That offense is still good with mahomes, don’t get me wrong, but just isn’t quite elite like it used to be.

I think they look more beatable than last year..lol

Edited by Jays3

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Even though it's going to be a long 2 weeks without Eagles football I am comforted by the knowledge it came after a Dallas loss to the Eagles.

That win was massive not only for standing logistics, but for our mental well-beings. Plus, only really a week-ish away from Eagles football now. I needed this week off tbh. I usually hate the bye but I'm gonna enjoy this one.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 4:45 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Even though it's going to be a long 2 weeks without Eagles football I am comforted by the knowledge it came after a Dallas loss to the Eagles.

I'm okay with that, hell, throw in another week. It would do wonders for the team's health and more importantly mine. 

I used to hate the bye week with a passion, felt like everyone else celebrating Christmas but me. Now I enjoy it, gives me a break from all the stress since we are incapable of dismantling any team. The only downside is that our biggest rivals do too well, and have me looking over our shoulder.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t know about you but the Bills don’t scare me all that much 

No. This “tough stretch” coming is difficult but not as scary as it looked in the early part of the season. All those teams are very beatable. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t know about you but the Bills don’t scare me all that much 

Honestly speaking.  Not being cocky in the slightest.  

I could see us going 5-0 just as easily as 1-4 over this gauntlet of a 5 gm stretch! Just saying. 🤷‍♂️