A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

I am a little wary of UGA players at this point.  They all test off the charts and come from a winning program but they don't produce a lot of standout NFL players.  Maybe Kirby Smart just gets the best out of them.  Travon Walker is starting to round into shape but isn't better than Hutch.  Tyson Campbell is the most impactful UGA DB I can think of.  Jordan Davis has been solid but not spectacular despite his physical tools.  Jalen Carter is having a good rookie season but has dropped off a bit lately (could be the rookie wall with him).

Kamari Lassiter seems to be a smart player and his change-of-direction/fluidity is really good.  40-times aren't the end-all measurement but if he is going to have problems covering vertical routes that would make him a lot like our current CBs.

49 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Iffy is earning himself a nice contract.  Hopefully he doesn’t ask for too much and we can keep him now that he is breaking out.  He is one I didn’t have on my list of re-signings at the beginning of the season but he has definitely moved there now. 

I was going through our upcoming free agent last night and there are a few I hope we re-sign but none that I think would set us back if we lose. It’s a nice spot to be in. Our core is locked up. 

34 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I was going through our upcoming free agent last night and there are a few I hope we re-sign but none that I think would set us back if we lose. It’s a nice spot to be in. Our core is locked up. 

I would like Graham back. He's been playing excellent at Guard and I think he'd take a paycut because he likes it here and he's older.

Jonah can walk if he's going to ask for a market rate Guard contract.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I would like Graham back. He's been playing excellent at Guard and I think he'd take a paycut because he likes it here and he's older.

Agreed, and depending on how much he walks for, we might get a comp pick back if he walks. 

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Iffy is earning himself a nice contract.  Hopefully he doesn’t ask for too much and we can keep him now that he is breaking out.  He is one I didn’t have on my list of re-signings at the beginning of the season but he has definitely moved there now. 

Iffy will get a raise if he keeps playing like this for sure but it will probably be on a 1 or 2-year deal.  As impressive as his run has been, he does have an injury history. 

Jonah Jackson is in a tough position.  He made the Pro Bowl in 2021.  He missed 4 games last year and has missed a number of games this year.  There are times when he hasn't played well this year (see last game vs Vikings).  It would be nice to see a deal get done but there is a risk that the negotiation process goes sideways and he walks just like Jamaal Williams.  Jackson Powers-Johnson would be a very good draft target for his ability to play C and G..  He reminds me of Eric McCoy a little bit with his versatility.  

Edited by Just Want A Title

4 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Iffy will get a raise if he keeps playing like this for sure but it will probably be on a 1 or 2-year deal.  As impressive as his run has been, he does have an injury history. 

Jonah Jackson is in a touch position.  He made the Pro Bowl in 2021.  He missed 4 games last year and has missed a number of games this year.  There are times when he hasn't played well this year (see last game vs Vikings).  It would be nice to see a deal get done but there is a risk that the negotiation process goes sideways and he walks just like Jamaal Williams.  Jackson Powers-Johnson would be a very good draft target for his ability to play C and G..  He reminds me of Eric McCoy a little bit with his versatility.  

I’d love JPJ in the second round. 

On 12/25/2023 at 9:46 AM, General Tso said:

I think Graham is a more valuable player to us then Jonah.  His flexibilty has been invaluable to us this season.  If i had to choose one i'm probably choosing Graham.