A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

19 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Getting into some of my film breakdowns spent some time on Darius Robinson last night and good lord this kids a player.  Seen him mocked to Detroit and in the general area I really don’t see him making it that far he is a versatile beast. 

Darius Robinson reminds me a lot of Cameron Jordan.  Adding him to our D-Line would be a great addition.  The back half of the first round is getting harder to predict due to the rise of Quinyon Mitchell and Darius Robinson.  I could see Darius Robinson falling due to a run on OTs between 20 and 30.  The combine usually produces some rising prospects the way it did with CB Deonte Banks.  

A couple of alternatives:  Baylor DT Gabe Hall and Western Michigan DE Marshawn Kneeland.  Both had pretty good Senior Bowl weeks.  The combine will be pretty important for them.

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Darius Robinson reminds me a lot of Cameron Jordan.  Adding him to our D-Line would be a great addition.  The back half of the first round is getting harder to predict due to the rise of Quinyon Mitchell and Darius Robinson.  I could see Darius Robinson falling due to a run on OTs between 20 and 30.  The combine usually produces some rising prospects the way it did with CB Deonte Banks.  

A couple of alternatives:  Baylor DT Gabe Hall and Western Michigan DE Marshawn Kneeland.  Both had pretty good Senior Bowl weeks.  The combine will be pretty important for them.

I’ll have to look into those guys.  I’m still all BPA at this point we just need to get more talent wherever that may be. I lean towards restocking the oline as top priority if we are looking at need. Keeping a strength a strength is easer and more important than chasing your weakness while your strength deteriorates.  I haven’t really broke down the oline class yet but looking at all these mocks this is either the best tackle class in history or mockers are just penciling in tackles due to need. Some of these guys are bound to fall.  I’m seeing mocks that don’t have Xavier Leggette going in the 1st and that’s kind of crazy to me I think he’s in the same class as Nabers personally.  

Like I said though I haven’t really watched all these tackles yet maybe it is that deep.  I’d be all for oline early if it’s BPA 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I’ll have to look into those guys.  I’m still all BPA at this point we just need to get more talent wherever that may be. I lean towards restocking the oline as top priority if we are looking at need. Keeping a strength a strength is easer and more important than chasing your weakness while your strength deteriorates.  I haven’t really broke down the oline class yet but looking at all these mocks this is either the best tackle class in history or mockers are just penciling in tackles due to need. Some of these guys are bound to fall.  I’m seeing mocks that don’t have Xavier Leggette going in the 1st and that’s kind of crazy to me I think he’s in the same class as Nabers personally.  

Like I said though I haven’t really watched all these tackles yet maybe it is that deep.  I’d be all for oline early if it’s BPA 

The good thing about this draft is that it seems to line up to our needs pretty well.  There will be a number of CB prospects available with their 1st and 2nd round slots.  Same goes for OT.  There should be a number of quality OG and OC prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd round.  Heck, there are even a higher number of PKs who are worth taking in this draft (Reichard, Karty and Mevis).  

4 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Getting into some of my film breakdowns spent some time on Darius Robinson last night and good lord this kids a player.  Seen him mocked to Detroit and in the general area I really don’t see him making it that far he is a versatile beast. 

I agree 100%. Would love to see him as a Lion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

For what it is worth, Walter Football still has him as an early 2nd day pick and they are generally pretty accurate on their projections.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024stock_22.php

26 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

For what it is worth, Walter Football still has him as an early 2nd day pick and they are generally pretty accurate on their projections.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024stock_22.php

I’ll admit I visit the site often just because they update there content so frequently but I’ve never found them to be accurate.  They do about 1000 mocks and eventually get some right. Forgot his name but they had some wr from Bama that got benched had like 300 yards on the season and was in the portal going in the early 3rd round.  They’ve had a handful of guys that didn’t declare and are staying in college for weeks.  Tells me there not putting much effort into these they just like spitting them out. 

• Like 1

I’ll admit I visit the site often just because they update there content so frequently but I’ve never found them to be accurate.  They do about 1000 mocks and eventually get some right. Forgot his name but they had some wr from Bama that got benched had like 300 yards on the season and was in the portal going in the early 3rd round.  They’ve had a handful of guys that didn’t declare and are staying in college for weeks.  Tells me there not putting much effort into these they just like spitting them out. 

Their mocks are a little wonky but their rumor mill and similar articles are pretty accurate.  Example:  They were the only major site I can think of that had Jack Campbell in the 1st Round.  Their rumors also had him linked to the Lions.  They seem to have a better handle on what actual scouts think vs media pundits.

One of the best Team-Based sites for draft information is Steelers Depot.  They do a really good job every year.  For what it is worth, Walter Football is a lot more accurate than they generally given credit for.

https://steelersdepot.com/

It is always hard to figure out fact from fiction in the run-up to the draft.  If this article is accurate, the so-so 2025 QB class could cause teams to take a shot on a QB this year in the first round.  That would be a huge benefit to the Lions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/early-reviews-from-nfl-teams-on-2025-qb-class-could-have-massive-impact-on-2024-nfl-draft/ar-BB1i5Wpy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3092676e202a48839a9c0105b59917d3&ei=25

On 2/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, Just Want A Title said:

One of the best Team-Based sites for draft information is Steelers Depot.  They do a really good job every year.  For what it is worth, Walter Football is a lot more accurate than they generally given credit for.

https://steelersdepot.com/

This is the site that I use to collect my combine data for my various worksheets (my Lions prospects sheets for the year and my bigger "athletic profiles" running tab one from the various draft classes). It's clean and easy to use. 

33 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It is always hard to figure out fact from fiction in the run-up to the draft.  If this article is accurate, the so-so 2025 QB class could cause teams to take a shot on a QB this year in the first round.  That would be a huge benefit to the Lions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/early-reviews-from-nfl-teams-on-2025-qb-class-could-have-massive-impact-on-2024-nfl-draft/ar-BB1i5Wpy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3092676e202a48839a9c0105b59917d3&ei=25

Yes that class sucks next year. Sanders being the top QB says a lot for how bad it is 

34 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I could see a team in the top 10 drafting a non-QB and then trading up into the back half in order to get that 5th year option. 

I was listening to the NFL Stock Exchange and they were doing a run down on the CB's. Their comment was that they would take Devon Witherspoon (the prospect, not the pro) over any of the guys this year. If we're drafting CB #4 or #5 in this class at #29, it does make me question whether we'd be better off taking someone in rd 2 or rd 3 and filling that slot with another veteran signing. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I was listening to the NFL Stock Exchange and they were doing a run down on the CB's. Their comment was that they would take Devon Witherspoon (the prospect, not the pro) over any of the guys this year. If we're drafting CB #4 or #5 in this class at #29, it does make me question whether we'd be better off taking someone in rd 2 or rd 3 and filling that slot with another veteran signing. 

I don't listen to NFL Stock exchange but that is how my pre-combine mock worked out.  I had the Lions taking CBs with picks 61 and 73.  Don't forget about my DB man-crush Kendall Bohler!  Lol.