General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

On 3/9/2018 at 4:33 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

So #$%^ing stupid. Just, so, damn, stupid.

Dude was already gonna get massively overpaid in FA for doing the easiest job to find a receiver who can do, a role for which we already have someone on the roster (Duke).

And now we're giving up two picks for the privilege of being the ones to get talked about in two years as "how are they gonna get out from under that Landry contract to retain their young talent?"

If either of those picks are above a 5th I'm gonna flip. And I know they probably will both be. &#$%ing stupid BS. We had a plan. We had a plan that was working and our dumb $%^& owner pissed his pull ups and wimped out before it could bear fruit. And put the same types of people in charge who have run us into the ground over and over for twenty years. Glad the old boys club got to bilk us for a bunch of guaranteed contract money. I'm sure they'll appreciate it in three years when they're basically pulling down two salaries with their new teams after somehow blaming Sashi for their failures.

DLetSkZ.gif

On 3/9/2018 at 4:33 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Glad the old boys club got to bilk us for a bunch of guaranteed contract money.

Based on what I have seen them do so far this group is not The Big #$@& and his motley crew.

The Big was a complete fraud and made his agent rich hiring cronies.

Still believe to this day that the fat bastard got a cut of every one of those deals.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:27 AM, buno67 said:

I really don’t see the Giants trading out. I think they take Barkley. They truly have no running attack. But they have a solid QB, great WR talent when healthy, and one of the best young TEs in the game. Getting a back like Barkley really rounds out their offense and will make it easier to transitions a new QB in a year or two. I really want to trade down now to like 6-7 range and draft Denzel Ward 

This year's RB crop is first class and the Giants can get a RB in rounds 2 or 3. They are in 2nd last place because they have holes all over the place and will trade out because they simply need more picks to rebuild. I do not care how good Barkley is, running the ball for the Giants will only represent 33% of their offense and the difference between Barkley and the next RB might be 200 yards, say 1400 yards vs 1200 yards and that is not going to make a whole lot of difference in the end.

We are not talking about a franchise QB in drafting Barkley, he is a RB and will not impact a game as much as people are thinking. How many SB's did Peterson bring to Minny or Championships did Jimmy Brown bring to Cleveland. Think about it, RB's do not equate to SB rings, franchise QB's do!!!

You look at the past couple season and the first rd RBs and they have made huge impacts for their teams. Dallas offense went to another level with Zeke as the RB. Gurley has helped Goff look like a top10 QB. Fournette made Bortles look like a legit NFL QB. 

If Barkley wasnt in this draft, no one would be preaching for Guice to be the #2 overall player. Yeah Barkley is a RB but he has the talent that is worth that #2 overall pick. Giants have a legit QB in Manning that they might be able to trade up for one of the QBs who fall. Getting a guy like Barkley makes it even easier for the Giants to fine their next QB.

Yeah Peterson never took the Vikings to the SB but thats on the vikings for never finding the right QB. people act like finding a QB is such an easy thing. Browns have tried  forever to find the right guy and it hasnt worked out. 

With the rumors of OBJ being caught on video with weed and a "model" doing blow, Giants are going to need another playmaker.Barkley is the best playmaker in the draft.

Just now, bruceb said:

NYG is taking Rosen, unless we do, in which case they will take Darnold.

I see giants going all in on Eli and will try and get the most out of him. I dont think Rosen would do well in NY

On 3/9/2018 at 8:25 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree they don’t trade out, but I don’t see them passing on a QB.

Why pass on a talent like Rosen when Eli is 37?  You’d have your QB for the next 15 years.

Rosen is a statue in the pocket, who has had 2 concussions already and a separated shoulder, he is being compared to Bradford and could have a very similar career. Do not be surprised on draft day if he takes a fall, because a team will have to be pretty desperate at QB to risk their future on his shoulders. Because of his injury past, I will not be at all shocked to see him drafted after Allen and Mayfield. Prospects with a long and dangerous injury history, do not get drafted in the top 5, a GM's career depends on his top 5 pick making good and few will risk it on someone like Rosen?

Yes, Rosen is extremely talented, but so was Bradford, but what good is talent if you cannot stay on the field and that is always going to be hanging over Rosen's head? Sorry for the pun!

IMO, if the Giants draft a QB, it will be either Allen or Mayfield, not Rosen and if they have concerns about either or both, they will trade out. I would be totally shocked if they drafted Barkley and as far as the Colts are concerned, IMO, Luck may be done and if he is, they will go QB as well and if the doctors say he can get back on the football field, then they will trade out for extra assets and those of us who think it will be cheaper to trade with us are forgetting that if a team trades with us to get a QB, another team will simply come in and trade with Indy, so teams will trade with the team holding the highest pick, so they cannot be passed  and that will not be us unless both the Giants and Indy choose not to trade out, a possible scenario if they both draft QB's or one takes Barkley and if they both take QB's, it is very doubtful, anybody will move up as far as #4 for the 4th QB in the draft, no matter how desperate they are???.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, dawgdish said:

Yes please. Thomas and Peppers plus a solid FA corner like B. Breeland (if not a stud like T Johnson) and a high-ish draft pick would do amazing things for our secondary, and I think enable Greg Williams to play the kind of aggressive defense he really wants. I'm giving his sometimes iffy schemes last season the benefit of the doubt of not having enough good players and playing it safe not to get torched.

We have about as much chance of signing Thomas as we did in getting Cousins. The top FA's who actually care about winning, will never sign with us, till we prove we are serious about being a contender. Thomas and the other top FA's may like money, but they also want to finish their careers with a winner and we are the very definition of a loser, so they aren't coming here this year.

If we show vast improvement next season, then solid FA's will flock to us, but not this year.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Interesting read: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20

Note how he doesn't have a QB until Darnold at 7 and.Rosen at 8, and then Mayfield at 13 and Allen at 14.

That's pretty much the way I see the QB pecking order.

His mock which came out the same day or a day later, shows he understands that QB's will be drafted high, as he has 3 going in the top 6 picks and has Allen as the second QB taken!!!

4 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

His mock which came out the same day or a day later, shows he understands that QB's will be drafted high, as he has 3 going in the top 6 picks and has Allen as the second QB taken!!!

His mock must account for poor judgment.

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

His mock must account for poor judgment.

I think all the talk about Allen, rests on how he looks at his pro day, after about 2 months of training under a pro type QB coach. Teams are looking for a reason to draft this guy and if he shows vast improvement in his accuracy from the end of the season till now, he could even pass Darnold as our pick, as strange as it seems. I can see him being the #2 and I can understand Jeremiah's confusing selection as #14 in his top 50 and the same day as the #2 QB selected in his mock, as even the scouts do not know what to make of his talent just yet. 

It is all going to come down to his pro day and the effect that QB coach has had on his accuracy and I guess we will all have to wait and see the results on draft day.

It is going to keep things interesting, even for Brown's fans!!!

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

I think all the talk about Allen, rests on how he looks at his pro day, after about 2 months of training under a pro type QB coach. Teams are looking for a reason to draft this guy and if he shows vast improvement in his accuracy from the end of the season till now, he could even pass Darnold as our pick, as strange as it seems. I can see him being the #2 and I can understand Jeremiah's confusing selection as #14 in his top 50 and the same day as the #2 QB selected in his mock, as even the scouts do not know what to make of his talent just yet. 

It is all going to come down to his pro day and the effect that QB coach has had on his accuracy and I guess we will all have to wait and see the results on draft day.

It is going to keep things interesting, even for Brown's fans!!!

Just like Dorsey and the drunk have visions of a smaller Farve dancing in their heads, I can't help but think that Elway has a vision of a MiniMe dancing in his.

Let's target DEN as a trade down from #4 partner.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just like Dorsey and the drunk have visions of a smaller Farve dancing in their heads, I can't help but think that Elway has a vision of a MiniMe dancing in his.

Let's target DEN as a trade down from #4 partner.

This would be ideal, that way we don't have to move too far down, still have a shot at top shelf talent, and add another high round pick as compensation either this or next year.

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

We have about as much chance of signing Thomas as we did in getting Cousins. The top FA's who actually care about winning, will never sign with us, till we prove we are serious about being a contender. Thomas and the other top FA's may like money, but they also want to finish their careers with a winner and we are the very definition of a loser, so they aren't coming here this year.

If we show vast improvement next season, then solid FA's will flock to us, but not this year.

I think you're probably right - that's the boat our previous executive teams have put us in. One can dream, though

Archived