General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

More Hueball suck:

"Jackson has acknowledged that his rookie QB would have to share traits with Taylor so they're not re-inventing his wheels."

"You have to talk through that,'' said Hue Jackson. "Because this guy is going to become our starter, and we're gonna build a team around and when the next guy (goes in), you want to make sure the game doesn't change.I think there are guys in this draft that are skilled that way. They're athletic and can make throws on the run.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/04/with_lamar_jackson_visiting_th.html#incart_big-photo

By that reasoning, we easily could select a lesser QB if said lesser QB better fit "the game" according to Hueball.

This man has limited and/or impaired mental capability.

He is a moron.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

More Hueball suck:

"Jackson has acknowledged that his rookie QB would have to share traits with Taylor so they're not re-inventing his wheels."

"You have to talk through that,'' said Hue Jackson. "Because this guy is going to become our starter, and we're gonna build a team around and when the next guy (goes in), you want to make sure the game doesn't change.I think there are guys in this draft that are skilled that way. They're athletic and can make throws on the run.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/04/with_lamar_jackson_visiting_th.html#incart_big-photo

By that reasoning, we easily could select a lesser QB if said lesser QB better fit "the game" according to Hueball.

He is a moron.

Ahhh, so THAT'S why Rosen is out of the running...got it!

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

More Hueball suck:

He is a moron.

Hue Jackson wonderlic is a 2. 

To be honest that quote made me think more of Darnold than Jackson. Athletic and can make throws on the run.

Jackson has more rushes than completions. And is a 57% passer. Don’t think he’s even in the conversation.

Allen is the sub-60% passer we need to worry about.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

To be honest that quote made me think more of Darnold than Jackson. Athletic and can make throws on the run.

Jackson has more rushes than completions. And is a 57% passer. Don’t think he’s even in the conversation.

you always save the day on Darnoldism's. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

you always save the day on Darnoldism's. 

I am here for you kiwi.

I’ve sensed an increase in Josh Allen to Browns at #1 talk because of goofs like Bucky Brooks, Chad Reuter and Mel Kiper.

I’m just trying to do my bit to counteract their evil coalition plan to keep the Browns in sucksville.

11 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

My issue with the statement is not to which QB we might pick; rather, it is to the notion that a "system" influences the pick.

You get the best damned player available and adapt to his talents.

It's backward!

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

My issue with the statement is not to which QB we might pick; rather, it is to the notion that a "system" influences the pick.

You get the best damned player available and adapt to his talents.

It's backward!

have you been living under a rock for the last twenty years. Hell at times backwards is something for us. usually it is just a mess of confusion, 

the only draft pick we have nailed is Joe Thomas. 

On 3/27/2018 at 10:58 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Put me down for the official "trade down for Harold Landry" bandwagon.

Also, mark me down for the "trading down in general bandwagon" (between the following tweet and lack of a true elite talent at our positions of need).

This! Landry will be a beast. First year use him as a situational pass rusher and then give him more and more responsibility as time goes on. My dream first two rounds would be as follows:

1.) Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

12.) Derwin James, S Florida St.

22.) Harold Landry, DE Boston College

33.) Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan

35.) Connor Williams, OT Texas

64.) Rashaad Penny, RB San Diego St.

I recognize that is a little hopeful, but crazy things happen and good prospects do fall sometimes.

7 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

This! Landry will be a beast. First year use him as a situational pass rusher and then give him more and more responsibility as time goes on. My dream first two rounds would be as follows:

I recognize that is a little hopeful, but crazy things happen and good prospects do fall sometimes.

I can be happy with this outcome. I may address those personnel picks slightly differently at DT and OT, but I could get on board. Good day, sir.

11 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

No mock that begins with us selecting Mayfield makes sense.

Williams and Penny would not be my first choices.

Otherwise, okay.

Archived