General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Well word has it since Mayfield thinks fairly high of himself he had “hee hee” trade marked.

LOL. What a toolbag if that's the case. 

22 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hue knew this so he had to resort to the more generic “woo wee”. 

This is silly season and I don't believe this for a second. That said, if we draft Baker, I'm going to look back at this post as the reason.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why tho?

What harm is a medical eval?

I’m “yuck”ing the thought of signing him which has nothing to do with any outcome  of his medical evaluation. If I’m a GM and I think a dudes lazy and underachieving why bother to bring him in for a medical evaluation?

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I’m “yuck”ing the thought of signing him which has nothing to do with any outcome  of his medical evaluation. If I’m a GM and I think a dudes lazy and underachieving why bother to bring him in for a medical evaluation?

If we sign him it will be for cheap, why not give him a go.

No risk imo.  If he sucks or is lazy, cut him.  If he’s not he’s a freak 3t.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LOL. What a toolbag if that's the case. 

This is silly season and I don't believe this for a second. That said, if we draft Baker, I'm going to look back at this post as the reason.

I should start a Twitter. I’d have at least 4 follows by now. 

10 hours ago, pnies20 said:

how do we know he is underachieving? Dude suffered an injury before training camp that basically cost him the season. Seattle cut him because of their medical staff really not thinking he recovered from the injuries fully. I agree, with @LETSGOBROWNIES . Bring him for a medical eval. If he looks bad, welp, enjoy the free trip, if he passes, sign him. let him enjoy doing team workouts, OTA, rookie mini camps ( I believe he qualifies for those) and camp. If he looks bad or shows no progress, he can be easily cut.

Just now, buno67 said:

how do we know he is underachieving? Dude suffered an injury before training camp that basically cost him the season. Seattle cut him because of their medical staff really not thinking he recovered from the injuries fully. I agree, with @LETSGOBROWNIES . Bring him for a medical eval. If he looks bad, welp, enjoy the free trip, if he passes, sign him. let him enjoy doing team workouts, OTA, rookie mini camps ( I believe he qualifies for those) and camp. If he looks bad or shows no progress, he can be easily cut.

This was my opinion of him when he was drafted. There's a reason a prototype 5 tech falls to the 2nd round.

11 hours ago, pnies20 said:

This was my opinion of him when he was drafted. There's a reason a prototype 5 tech falls to the 2nd round.

Actually a prototype 3 tech as well and you are correct on the reason he fell, he was immature, I know because my team played against him in high school and know from camps. That being said, we don't know the counseling/mentorship he received from the time he was drafted until now. Look at Frank Clark, he did some horrific things at Michigan and you haven't heard a peep from him off the field and he has been productive on the field, how do we know McDowell couldn't have done the same? 

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Actually a prototype 3 tech as well and you are correct on the reason he fell, he was immature, I know because my team played against him in high school and know from camps. That being said, we don't know the counseling/mentorship he received from the time he was drafted until now. Look at Frank Clark, he did some horrific things at Michigan and you haven't heard a peep from him off the field and he has been productive on the field, how do we know McDowell couldn't have done the same? 

Agreed.

He was all over the place on the field in college, at times getting his arse kicked by nobodies and at times absolutely dominated the game.

He’s still just 21 years old.

Not kicking the tires just seems crazy to me.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

He was all over the place on the field in college, at times getting his arse kicked by nobodies and at times absolutely dominated the game.

He’s still just 21 years old.

Not kicking the tires just seems crazy to me.

An 0-16 team should never be frowned upon for taking a flier on a talented player

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

An 0-16 team should never be frowned upon for taking a flier on a talented player

I just never thought he was talented. He had some potential but he was so lazy he just never developed. No reason to think he will now. Just my opinion. Sure kick the tires, though. 

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I just never thought he was talented. He had some potential but he was so lazy he just never developed. No reason to think he will now. Just my opinion. Sure kick the tires, though. 

I disagree about the talented part but you are entitled to your opinion, I think he is oozing with talent but you're right, we wont be much unless he learns how to work hard and be a pro. And only one way to find out if he develops or not and I don't wan't anyone else to benefit from it except us, if he doesn't, send him packing.

Archived