General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I disagree about the talented part but you are entitled to your opinion, I think he is oozing with talent but you're right, we wont be much unless he learns how to work hard and be a pro. And only one way to find out if he develops or not and I don't wan't anyone else to benefit from it except us, if he doesn't, send him packing.

Former 5* recruit, top 50 in his class, 6’6” 285 and runs a 4.85.  Talent isn’t the issue.

He’s seemingly earned the lazy and immature labels, but those are habits and habits can change, especially at that age.  Sometimes those guys need a slice of humble pie to open their eyes to the real world.  Maybe this is it?  I’d love to have a look and find out.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Former 5* recruit, top 50 in his class, 6’6” 285 and runs a 4.85.  Talent isn’t the issue.

He’s seemingly earned the lazy and immature labels, but those are habits and habits can change, especially at that age.  Sometimes those guys need a slice of humble pie to open their eyes to the real world.  Maybe this is it?  I’d love to have a look and find out.

I wish we had a rumor mill, and I won't put all of his business out there but he may have a mental health issue, that's all I will say

I was three years old when the Browns moved away in '95. I just watched the Football Life documentary about the '95 Browns. The scene during their last game in Cle, when the players were all running up to the Dawg Pound, it made me tear up. We have a genuine opportunity to bring THAT passion back into these stands, starting next Thursday.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was three years old when the Browns moved away in '95. I just watched the Football Life documentary about the '95 Browns. The scene during their last game in Cle, when the players were all running up to the Dawg Pound, it made me tear up. We have a genuine opportunity to bring THAT passion back into these stands, starting next Thursday.

You're making me tear up when I realize I was in my early 30's when that happened.  ¬¬

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Are you really Bucketheads dad? Or you just love insane guitar playing?

Not his dad.  (The musician, anyways.)  

When my son (who is now a Jr. in college and will commission as an officer in the Navy when he graduates next year) was an infant, I used to joke with my wife that his head was so large, it could fill a bucket.  

I called him Buckethead for years.  (He can kick my a$& now, so I've kind of tapered off a bit.)

What makes me sad is knowing that there are Browns fans out there who have NEVER seen the Browns when they were good.  Hope springs eternal for me when it comes to the Browns because I remember watching them when they were really good and winning lots of games.  I tell myself all the time that someday we'll return to those days and surpass them by winning a Super Bowl.

Peace!!!

48 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

....as far as the music goes.......

Yeah, I am a huge Thrash metal fan.  Megadeth, Metallica, Hellyeah, Adrenaline Mob, THC.  Love 'em.  Of course, I love Nat King Cole, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra too.

So you're the father of an ACTUAL Buckethead? Nyceeeee

I used to tell people I don't go heavier than Pantera. Since then, my band has opened for Downing Pool. lol

29 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

So you're the father of an ACTUAL Buckethead? Nyceeeee

I used to tell people I don't go heavier than Pantera. Since then, my band has opened for Downing Pool. lol

One of my former students (I went to grade school with his dad) is the "singer" (OK, growler) for this band.  It is a bit heavy for me.  He knows I'll put links to their stuff up all over, even though I am staring a Sammy Hagar anthem square in the face.  :$

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

What makes me sad is knowing that there are Browns fans out there who have NEVER seen the Browns when they were good.  Hope springs eternal for me when it comes to the Browns because I remember watching them when they were really good and winning lots of games.  I tell myself all the time that someday we'll return to those days and surpass them by winning a Super Bowl.

Peace!!!

I keep telling myself that, too.

But I am beginning to wonder.

Archived