General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

It's saturation to the point that I don't even click on it before I see it. I turn my tv on and go to the YouTube app and its right there in the thumbnail. I actually actively don't click it so that I don't give them my view!

Kiper had TB12 as the 4th best QB available... at the time of the 199th pick.

That's all I need to know about his expertise.

I don't know if I like that example. He was a bad QB prospect. 99 times out of 100 Brady never starts an NFL game unless there is an injury. That shows more of how this isn't an exact science than it does Kiper's (and everyone else in this case) incompetence. Now if he said a great QB prospect would be bad or a bad QB prospect would be good those are better examples. I haven't watched Allen but he seems like a mediocre prospect from what I do know and one who should be 2nd round or later and him saying he should go #1 seems like a good example of incompetence to me.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

If correct, and it is Grossi, this is good news: https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/24/report-jabrill-peppers-will-move-to-box-safety/

Also signals that we are going to get a FS one way or another.

im excited to see a starting secondary of
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB McCourty
FS <unnamed player>
SS Derrick Kindred
Big Nickel Jabrill Peppers

its gonna be great... hopefully.

24 minutes ago, mistakey said:

im excited to see a starting secondary of
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB McCourty
FS <unnamed player>
SS Derrick Kindred
Big Nickel Jabrill Peppers

its gonna be great... hopefully.

If the FS <unnamed player> is a ballhawk, it should be.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that Kai contributes.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With Peppers and Kindred both pure box guys, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kindred got shipped elsewhere for a later pick. Peppers and Kindred aren’t complementary to one another. 

I think it's very likely we see one of Kindred/Peppers get shopped, OR one of the LBs gets shopped and Kindred/Peppers turns into an LB/S hybrid. So the Nickel becomes two LBs, the new FS, two outside CBs, and Kindred/Peppers as the OLB/Slot CB and the SS.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think it's very likely we see one of Kindred/Peppers get shopped, OR one of the LBs gets shopped and Kindred/Peppers turns into an LB/S hybrid. So the Nickel becomes two LBs, the new FS, two outside CBs, and Kindred/Peppers as the OLB/Slot CB and the SS.

I'm not letting Kindred go hes a really good young player not in todays league nope I'm not letting him go we just need a true FS and this will all make much more sense 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to make any reasonable assumptions after the coaching atrocities I saw this past season.

We keep focusing on players but it is the quality of the coaching of the players, game-planning and game management that are as or more important to favorable outcomes (i.e., Wins).

Williams' bark is a lot worse than his bite.

And if Hueball butts heads or interferes with Haley....

Something tells me that we have not seen the last of coaching atrocities.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t we all expect a lot of big nickel this past season? How’d that work out?

I’m not going to make any reasonable assumptions after the coaching atrocities I saw this past season.

bro

let me dream for just like one day before the combine starts that we too can use logic and reason in cleveland

10 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Shopped? Sure. Actually traded I would say it is a stupid idea. We don't have cap issued and neither Kindred or Peppers has earned any kind or right to "respect" for a chance to start. Winner of the battle starts and the loser is great young depth and insurance for injury. Unless we get a 2nd round pick for Kindred then it is stupid to trade him considering he is young, cheap and controlled for two more years. At the end of those two years then at worst we get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick. If he continues to improve then maybe you do land a 2nd round pick in his contract year or maybe you even resign him.

I’ve reading some scouting reports on Fitzpatrick recently and I’ve seen him compared to Jamal Adams, Jalen Ramsey, and Harrison Smith with non of them going into really going into detail. Does anyone believe he projects to as good as those guys because if so I’d think he’d be a non brainer at 4

Archived