Game 10: Chicago Bears (3-7) @ Detroit Lions (7-2)

Louis Friend

I don't think they should sleep on the Bears.  Their O-line has quietly been improving.  Tevin Jenkins has been getting a lot better and Rookie Darnell Wright plays a lot like Penei Sewell.    They have a couple of guys in Cole Kemhet and DJ Moore are pretty good players.  Adding Montez Sweat has helped their defense.  Two rookies to watch:  RB Roschon Johsnon and DT Zacch Pickens.  This is a winnable game but this could be a trap game if they don't take them seriously and our defense doesn't improve.

It looks like Justin Fields is on track to finally return from injury.  Tyson Bagent has been better than most people expected but Justin Fields has a whole different element to his game.  The Bears finally got Jaquan Brisker back last week also.  They were a total dumpster fire early in the season but the growth of some of their young players along with the return of players like Justin Fields and Jaquan Brisker from injury makes this a more competitive game.

I am nervous about this game because it feels like a game the old Lions would lose.  There are obviously matchup issues on D as DJ Moore should have a field day and Fields being back likely means he will feed Moore and Kmet.  We need to figure out a way to get home and sack him or double their primary targets and make guys like Mooney beat us.  They also likely are getting Herbert back which adds another element in the run/pass game. I think we keep the momentum rolling and get the W with a final of 31-21

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:33 PM, Louis Friend said:

Jonah and Buggs ruled out per Lions. Iffy questionable. Everyone else seems good to go. 

I'm interested in timetables for Houston and CJGJ.

James Houston is out of his walking boot.  Apparently he was spotted working with the trainers on the sidelines at practice on Friday.  Hopefully, that is a good sign for a December return.  Having Bruce Irvin on the PS might provide a really good resource that James Houston can lean on.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/11/detroit-lions-pass-rusher-takes-another-step-toward-returning-from-ir.html

Edited by Just Want A Title