2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Watson out for the year. Looks like we will be going up against PJ Walker Sunday.

https://steelersnow.com/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-will-have-shoulder-surgery-out-for-season/

says the rook will be at QB for some reason. I thought PJ as well, but see what happens sunday. I can't believe this happened ,  but IR can strike anytime. Is this injury career threatening?

2 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

My worst fear. Now we have to face a qb that is unpredictable, mobile, etc. With Watson it was easy to predict mediocrity and mistakes but a lot of hype about what he's supposed to be. 

sounds like a classic tomlin trap game where we play down to the competition (QB in this case) .  I expect the Browns to run effectively and keep the game close, then TO's will decide. Low scoring game most likely, so  TO's will be crucial

Maybe it's because I just finished watching House of Usher, but I swear Tomlin made a deal with the devil post Ben. 

We get DTR this weekend, the week following Watson finally looking even just a hint like the old him at the end of the Ravens game. 

Since week 10 of last year, here are the QBs from our wins:

- Andy Dalton
- Matt Ryan
- Marcus Mariota
- Sam Darnold
- Tyler Huntley
- Derek Carr
- Watson x2
- Garappolo 
- Stafford
- Will Levis
- Jordan Love
- Lamar Jackson

I don't know man, if I was Joe Burrow I would lock myself in a room this week. Something's coming for him...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

So, explain the year and a half with Ben, Ray...

His reasoning makes less sense:

It's a dangerous place for a young QB. Tipped passes can lead to INTs. Overthrows can lead to INTs. It's much safer to target the outside portions of the field if you don't have a QB you can trust.

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Maybe it's because I just finished watching House of Usher, but I swear Tomlin made a deal with the devil post Ben. 

We get DTR this weekend, the week following Watson finally looking even just a hint like the old him at the end of the Ravens game. 

Since week 10 of last year, here are the QBs from our wins:

- Andy Dalton
- Matt Ryan
- Marcus Mariota
- Sam Darnold
- Tyler Huntley
- Derek Carr
- Watson x2
- Garappolo 
- Stafford
- Will Levis
- Jordan Love
- Lamar Jackson

I don't know man, if I was Joe Burrow I would lock myself in a room this week. Something's coming for him...

quite a post with info on the qb's .  Not very convincing is it?  But it's the nfl, a team can get 70 on them , then a few weeks later allow the champs 9 points.  Right now we are in a good spot to claim the #1 seed if

KC loses to Eagles

Balt loses to Cinci

Jags lose to titans (or will this even matter?)

of course we have to win, but look at how all this looks right now with our division record being as it is. The other teams have losses in their division already

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/jbaileynfl/status/1724857325721112932?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Please Matt Canada. This makes way too much sense. Pat was a liability in the run game before he got hurt, but he’s certainly an upgrade over A Rob in both the run and pass.

this is a great idea but we will only be allowed to watch this when absolutely needed, much like other good playcalling. If we can barely win without, then maybe next week or the week after. 

all for DW staying in to block, major improvement over Muth in the run game, just too bad he doesn't get targets in the passing game. 

16 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

So, explain the year and a half with Ben, Ray...

and then he can explain why they don't draft a QB, why they didn't trust JPj starting  etc. Sometimes these media people need to be ignored, probably most times

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

if you don't have a QB you can trust.

or if this teams philosophy is in fact less TO's no matter what as top priority. Who cares if the fans don't like it, if it works, we gonna win like that.

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

or if this teams philosophy is in fact less TO's no matter what as top priority. Who cares if the fans don't like it, if it works, we gonna win like that.

I really think it has little to do with Kenny and more the philosophy. Passing charts were the same with Ben and Mitch too.  Ray is grasping at straws with that comment.

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I really think it has little to do with Kenny and more the philosophy. Passing charts were the same with Ben and Mitch too.  Ray is grasping at straws with that comment.

ray also had a comment about jpj a while ago, so where are we on JPj now?

agree it's THE philosophy. Perhaps KP's known limitations are a reason as well as the emergence of the run game, either way we will have to get used to this.  It's not nice to watch the passing game,  but if  we win the game overall at the end, I can get used to that. Not much fun for most of the game, but it's more of a bend but don't break philosophy and thats against the current exciting fantasy driven offensive scoring nfl of today  . 

don't be shocked if the team does open up the offence when they actually have to.  Until then, get used to this I guess