2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

@VigilantZombie I don't always agree with Simms either. The clip was cued at the point where tomlin spells out the philosophy and how KP and him are on the same page. Just watch the way he says it,  lmk what you think 

it's already wednesday, so  just over 30 hrs from now we will know if cinci beat the ravens 

Yeah I agree with what Tomlin said. I agree with what they said for the most part about the running game. But I also think our passing game is really close to breaking open.

I also think the Browns are gonna get thrashed on Sunday

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

How do you draft a QB but not trust him.  If that is true,  draft another QB in Rd 1 this year.  I do not even care why they do not trust KP.  If that is true he is done.

Yeah.   Why handcuff your offense another year if you know you dont trust him?

The most frustrating part is, it doesn't surprise me...or the numerous other Steeler fans on here who were never high on Pickett.    I said before the 22 draft that no QB in that draft was worth a top 50 pick, but I was wrong.    No QB in that draft was even worth a top 100 pick.

I was hoping I was wrong and pulling for him, but he's literally done nothing except reinforce my pre draft feelings.   We essentially have two Mitch Trubisky's on the roster, when one is already too many.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Yeah I agree with what Tomlin said. I agree with what they said for the most part about the running game. But I also think our passing game is really close to breaking open.

I also think the Browns are gonna get thrashed on Sunday

agree on all points. Too bad about the Browns because I was actually really looking forward to this game especially since watson was 14/14  late in the ravens game .  I doubt we run up the score but there will be some TO's from their rookie QB

2 hours ago, 43M said:

xD

I lost too much interest back then to watch the draft - colberts last few years did it for me.  You had more patience than me back then, but appears I might now? KP might not set the world on fire but the team appears to be heading in the right direction. At least  what appears to be a legit run game and the OL could be good again next year if they get a good C and perhaps excellent if they get another OT comparable to Jones

I think Id prefer to kick off rather than take the ball to start this game. I want the ball to start the second half. 

I just feel like if we start the game with the ball (with the mindset that it worked well the last two weeks) and its doesnt work it could be pretty defeating and give Cleveland more juice/hope. Not to mention it probably puts their offense in a decent place to start their first drive. Whereas if you kickoff and get them in a hole you can keep them there and on top of all of that we then get the ball to pile on in the 2nd half. Our defense is more used to surviving through up and downs, so even if things dont go as planned it wouldnt be the end of the world emotionally. 

I might be expressing this in a way that sounds redundant but its a lot about our confidence in our new found toys of a running game and recent script. Id rather we be the one that flips the script than have it flipped on us. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 1

@JustPlainNasty

good point about the kick off. If we do this and struggle vs the Browns elite defence , at least kicking off should make the field longer for the Browns as long as we don't allow a return. Bos should be able to kick out of the endzone to help all this.  Harvin should pin them inside their 20 after when he punts. FG's at that stadium are often one of the more challenging places as well with the wind and surface.

going against a rookie, will we blitz and play more zones? I expect a close low scoring game and sadly the Browns being able to run very well against our defence which is what will keep the game close.

the history of tomlins teams playing down to competition will keep this close. I wouldn't be shocked if we have to rally to have a chance at winning. No lopsided win IMO

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

@JustPlainNasty

good point about the kick off. If we do this and struggle vs the Browns elite defence , at least kicking off should make the field longer for the Browns as long as we don't allow a return. Bos should be able to kick out of the endzone to help all this.  Harvin should pin them inside their 20 after when he punts. FG's at that stadium are often one of the more challenging places as well with the wind and surface.

going against a rookie, will we blitz and play more zones? I expect a close low scoring game and sadly the Browns being able to run very well against our defence which is what will keep the game close.

the history of tomlins teams playing down to competition will keep this close. I wouldn't be shocked if we have to rally to have a chance at winning. No lopsided win IMO

I don't think in any way that this is a game we are "supposed to win" or that we will be playing down to anything.  Neither does Vegas who had Pittsburgh at 4.5 point dogs at one point and still has Pittsburgh +1. The under has gone down to 33.  We will have to grind it out even if Kenny shows more its gonna be a fight. I have more respect for this Browns team with the exception of Watson than I do the Ravens, and I know it sounds crazy to most but thats not even really that close for me. There is no "laying down or coasting" in this one or we'll get our ***** kicked. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't think in any way that this is a game we are "supposed to win" or that we will be playing down to anything.  Neither does Vegas who had Pittsburgh at 4.5 point dogs at one point and still has Pittsburgh +1. The under has gone down to 33.  We will have to grind it out even if Kenny shows more its gonna be a fight. I have more respect for this Browns team with the exception of Watson than I do the Ravens, and I know it sounds crazy to most but thats not even really that close for me. There is no "laying down or coasting" in this one or we'll get our ***** kicked. 

we know this, but history has shown the tomlin regime to fall flat often against  'lesser opponents' . This is a divisional game, so that makes it more serious.   Still, with this team we never know, and thats the way it is until the 4th quarter as well.  Watson was worth 3 points, yet he played his perfect half while probably loaded up on painkillers and with a bad shoulder.   Rookie qb vs our defence in the past has always been good to us, but will that change?  

who wins the game tonight?

if cinci wins and KC and Jags lose , we are #1 seed , correct?