First Mock 2024

Madmike90

Bears Retain GM Ryan Poles

I believe Poles has done enough in terms of acquiring talent as well as resources to this point that he deserves to be allowed to truly pick his own head coach and QB…in doing that there are no more excuses for Poles not to start having this franchise win again.

Bears Fire HC Matt Eberflus & his entire coaching staff

I really do like Flus…as a man and as coach I think he was the right call at the time but it is very clear to me at this point that he is just in over his head as a head coach…I fully believe he will go somewhere as a DC and have success in the future but in terms of being an HC we need to head in a different direction…

Another clear weakness for Flus has been his coaching staff which has caused obvious issues in terms of Williams & Walker but out with a very few (Chris Morgan/John Hoke) have added very little to give our guys an advantage on the field.

r971479_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Bears Hire Lions OC Ben Johnson as Head Coach

The time is right to take a young offensive head coach and marry him with a new QB in the hope of finding long term sustained success which is incredibly difficult in todays NFL if you don’t have consistency on offence and a difference maker at QB…Johnson is not only an excellent offensive player designed and caller but he is also an incredibly smart man who has the personality to handle being an NFL HC…had he wanted it he would have been an HC last season but returned because he wanted to finish what he started with the Lions and wait on the perfect opportunity…what could be more perfect than a team with the first overall pick and a ton of other resources? Johnson makes a ton of sense.

Bears hire Lions OL Coach Hank Fraley as Assistant HC/OL Coach

A huge part of the Lions success has been a strong offensive line…Fraley has been the driving force behind that success and even when injures have hit they have continued to play extremely well…our OL has played pretty well this year but we need that success to continue and I feel Fraley is the best guy to marry up our OL to this new scheme…we give him the assistant HC title to not only get him out of Detroit but because he is also a former player who was a quality leader on good offensive lines in Philly & Cleveland…he is tight with Johnson so bringing him in as a top lieutenant and potential hard *** of the coaching staff is a good fit.

Bears hire Broncos Passing Game Coordinator John Morton as OC

Ben Johnson will design the plays and call them on game day…he will also be the main point of contact for the QB on a daily basis meaning you need an OC who can install the game plan for the rest of the offence…Morton is a very experienced OC who has worked under some great offensive minds like Sean Payton in both New Orleans & in Denver as well as Johnson himself in Detroit…that experience in this scheme can’t be over looked and the fact he is already in his mid-50s means he likely won’t be poached by another team looking for an HC in a few years…that consistency would be massive along with Johnson for a new young QB.

Bears hire ex Saints HC Dennis Allen as DC

This one is an obvious projection that Allen will be let go in NO but looking at his record there I could see the Saints looking to go in a different direction after this season…Allen is a bit like Flus in many ways in that as a head coach he has always seemed in a little over his head but as a DC he is excellent…the fact he would bring an experienced ready made coaching staff and can take a lot of pressure of Johnson by being able to run the defence on his own would be massive and very akin to Nagy’s first year here with Fangio…the good news is after two failed shots at being an HC I doubt anyone would then come calling for Allen and we can grow that side of the ball for years to come.

If Allen isn’t available, I would target another defensive HC who will be fired on Black Monday or Allen’s DL coach Todd Grantham.

Bears hire ex Saints ST coordinator Darren Rizzi as ST coordinator

Another former Saints coach with a ton of experience and this time a link to Johnson as well with them having been on the same Miami staff between 2012-2018…Rizzi has a ton of experience as a special team coach and has served as an assistant HC with both the Dolphins & Saints in the past…he would be another key addition to upping the experience level on this staff.

Resign…

RB…D’Onta Foreman

RB…Darrynton Evans

WR…Equanimeous St. Brown

TE…Robert Tonyan

CB…Jaylon Johnson

CB…Josh Blackwell

LS…Patrick Scales

K…Cairo Santos

Ben Johnson is still going to want to have a real downhill power rushing attack and Foreman is a really nice fit for his scheme…even with Herbert & Roschon under contract I would happily bring back Foreman…Evans has proven he can be a nice change up and has some receiving skills as well as ST ability…he is a perfect #4 back for us…Johnson might just value the St. Brown name but I think he will stick on the roster because of all the things he does in terms of blocking…he will never be a top 3 target but he would have a role…same goes for Tonyan…Johnson uses a lot of TEs in his scheme & Tonyan would be a better fit as a #3 TE in that scheme than he is as a #2 in our current one…Johnson is the one big name must resign IMO…adding another big need at a primer position makes no sense when we have the money to lock him down long term or at the very least franchise tag him…Blackwell is a solid reserve nickelback and special teamer…Scales will be the long snapper for as long as he continues to want to play…Santos has looked way better than season than last so I expect us to reup him. 

Release…

QB…Nathan Peterman

WR…Darnell Mooney

WR…Trent Taylor

OL…Lucas Patrick

OL…Dan Feeney

DE…Yannick Ngakoue

DE…Rasheem Green

DT…Justin Jones

ILB…Dylan Cole

Bagent in year two as a pro should be trusted enough to be the backup QB without having to have the likes of Peterman around…Mooney looks like he hasn’t been 100% healthy for a long time and even when he was he was a good #3 who we all through was better than he is because we had nothing better…I suspect someone will over pay for him in free agency and we can get the same level or production for much less…Taylor is a solid punt returner but I think we can do better…Patrick is no doubt a good leader but sucks on the field…he shouldn’t be resigned even as a backup…I get what they were trying to do with the Feeney trade but it just hasn’t worked…cut your small losses now…Ngakoue just hasn’t done enough to warrant resigning for the type of money he commands on the open market…I like Green but I think we need to aim higher on the edge…Jones is a JAG inside and I think we should be far more focused on developing our youngsters…Cole has offered next to nothing this season.

Cuts…

Cuts……………………….Saving………..Dead

Cody Whitehair……….$10.25……………$3.0

Eddie Jackson…........$14.15………….$3.99

Whitehair has been massively overrated for years now and his salary is way too high for what he offers us…with a saving of over $10 million there is no way he can stay on the roster next season…Jackson is still a solid player at this point but paying a safety over $18 million a year when the FA market for a quality starter is around $7 makes very little sense…saving over $14 million again makes this a really easy cut at this point.

Creating over $24 million in cap space by using our 2 post June 1st cuts basically allows us to pay Sweats salary and still have around $106 million to resign the above players and head into free agency knowing you are also going to reset the rookie QB clock is a massive advantage.

Free Agency…

61edfe4e0d8a3.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

WR…Gabriel Davis…6-3” 213lbs…Bills…

If we are going to have an offensive head coach and a rookie QB then we need to do everything we can to back them…we need to find a way to add more true offensive talent and getting Davis on the outside as a true deep threat would compliment DJ massively…I feel we will be out of range for MHJ so adding a young explosive receiver with good size should be a must…spending money on Davis is possible with having a low price QB for 5 years to come.

68bc134ae62e4dbf80e968a82e8cdb44-1.jpg?w

WR…Josh Reynolds…6-3” 190lbs…Lions…

Even with adding Davis I think we need depth at WR in big way for this scheme to work and for a rookie QB to feel comfortable…Reynolds might not be a big name but he has been productive for Johnson over the past couple of seasons and would come here and fill a role as a #3/#4.

RMGTSAOR7RCDTD3NIVRVYRYC3I.jpg

IOL…Jonah Jackson…6-3” 313lbs…Lions…

I know what your thinking…”not another guard to centre move” Jackson is different to the likes of Whitehair in that he played centre in college at Rutgers before transferring to Ohio State where he then moved to guard as they had Josh Meyers at centre…he then went to Detroit who have had Frank Ragnow at centre so has never had to move back to that spot…I feel he would make an excellent centre in this scheme given his knowledge of it as well as his athletic ability and power which is significantly better that most centres around the league…he would also give us an insurance policy if we have injuries up front as he can play multiple spots.

1730511561.0.jpg 

IOL…Evan Brown…6-3” 320lbs…Seahawks…

More interior depth in order to fix the centre position…we could draft a young centre to start or for depth but it is the type of position where experience is welcomes especially with a rookie QB under centre…Brown has played well for the Seahawks this year and was even better last year for Johnson with the Lions…he again can play both centre and guard and brings the size/strength/physicality to play inside in this scheme.

usa_today_19206558.jpg

DE…AJ Epenesa…6-6” 260lbs…Bills…

After spending a decent amount of money on Davis & Jackson on the offensive side of the ball it’s time to spend a bit more money on the DL…Poles has made it clear that he values guys with Chicago connections and Epenesa is from Oak Park while more importantly plays a primer position, is young, and productive…with him across from Tez Sweat it gives us two long physical pass rushers which are the type of ends Allen’s scheme needs given it has some 3-4 elements to it.

1423803290.jpg

DT…Javon Kinlaw…6-6” 310lbs…49ers…

This is a pure shot in the draft and gamble on a guy who has had injury concerns and not produced on the field…here he gets a fresh start and will only be viewed at DT #5 from day one meaning there won’t be a ton of pressure or expectation…if he hits great…if not he gets cut and we move on.

7ff04ca755b3971cfec1fc61762adda9

LB…Andrew Van Ginkel…6-4” 245lbs…Dolphins…

Another offseason…another attempt to get Van Ginkel onto the roster…I have been a big fan of his for a while due to his versatility from the SLB position…he is a quality run stopper who sets a hard edge…can get after the QB on occasions from a two or three point stance…and is an excellent special teams player…a lot of what he does goes unnoticed but he is an excellent team player in the mould of a poor man’s Connor Barwin…he would be an underrated addition.

USATSI_16937592.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

S…Julian Blackmon…6-0” 203lbs…Colts…

After getting rid of Jackson’s bloated salary we need to spend some money on adding at safety given the hole that will leave and the inconsistent play of Brisker becoming more and more of an issue…Jaquan is really good when he is healthy but plays way too soft when he is banged up so adding a vet safety or two would make a lot of sense…Blackmon is still really young but has plenty of starting experience and has become a really good safety after a tough start as a rookie…he isn’t the biggest but plays fast and physical from the SS spot in Indy…here he would be more of a combo safety playing a side of the field at with SS or FS…for the right kind of money he could be an excellent addition.

usa_today_11241463.0.jpg

S…Adrian Amos…6-0” 210lbs…Jets…

Who says you can’t go back? Amos signed a 1 year $4 million dollar deal with the Jets to be a back up…if we could get him for the same sort of money to come in as a veteran presence in the safety room and help bring Brisker along as well as being an insurance policy then the safety room would be a hell of a lot deeper than it was this season.

Draft…

I’m projecting we are picking at #1 & #5 in the 1st round.

Round 1 (via Panthers)…  

crop-2.jpg

QB…Drake Maye…6-5” 230lbs…North Carolina…

Unless Fields knocks it out the park over the last seven games of the season then it is time to move on and pair Ben Johnson with a rookie QB he can mould into his own…Maye is an outstanding fit for what Johnson wants to do with one of my comparisons for Maye being Jared Goff…only thing is Maye has an even bigger arm but can still control ball speed and placement just as well…he can attack the middle of the field with accuracy and quick decision making or create time in the pocket and attack deep to the outside…he is also a far better runner than Goff which would add an element to Johnson’s offence he had never had before…by adding talent around Maye and asking him to play within the scheme as much as possible I think it could lead him to becoming a top 8 QB in this league fairly quickly.

Round 1… 

BNKGGV52IGATVFUZSZUJ5OLVTI.jpg

TE…Brock Bowers…6-3” 245lbs…Georgia…

Have you guys seen what Sam LaPorta has been doing in this offence? No imagine the best TE prospect possible of all time who in high school ran a 4.4 forty and had a 40” vertical attacking the middle of the field the way LaPorta has done…Bowers isn’t just a freak athlete but much like Travis Kelce even when defences know he is the main weapon on his offence he still finds ways to consistently not just get open but be standing in 5 yards of space when the ball gets to him…his skill in getting open is insane and he has the ball skills to consistently be a safety blanket for his QB…with Bowers in the LaPorta role…DJ in the St Brown role…Davis as a field stretcher on the outside and the added benefit of Kmet in line at TE it would give Maye the very best chance of succeeding early in his career.

Round 3…

missouri-ot-javon-foster.jpg

OT…Javon Foster…6-5” 320lbs…Missouri…

If given Maye weapons is going to help him the most…giving him plenty of OL depth is never a bad way to go either…I am a big fan of Braxton Jones and believe he can be the long term answer at LT but if I am drafting a rookie QB I am not putting him behind a Larry Borom at LT if Jones goes down again…Foster is an experienced long, lean and athletic LT much like Jones who should be allowed to compete with him for the starting role on what will still be the most important position on the offensive line…coming from the SEC he is battle tested and would provide real competition at that spot.

***Bears trade QB Justin Fields to Atlanta for a 3rd & 5th round pick***

I honestly think if we don’t believe he can be our starter than this is the best for both us and Fields…I still love the talent but a change of scenery, going back home, to a scheme that really fits what he does best could reignite his career and I hope it does.

Round 3 (via Falcons)…

usa_today_15239254.0.jpg

DT…T'Vondre Sweat…6-4” 360lbs…Texas…

I fully believe that both Dexter & Pickens will get better with a new coaching staff and another year in the pros but alongside them we have Billings who has massive over performed and nothing else…moving to Allen’s defence we are going to want to get bigger on the inside and it doesn’t get much better than Sweat…his ceiling is probably the 3rd round because in the NFL he isn’t going to offer a ton of pass rush help but he is just so strong and physical inside that he can help create space for just about everyone else as well as holding the POA against the run better than any other DT in this years class…adding him as a true NT with Billings would allow both Dexter & Pickens to play their natural positions and get more 1on1 matchups…he would also allow some of the more 3-4 elements of this defence to be ran property.

Round 4… 

0028370-jvvq-1280x720.jpg

S…Beau Brade…6-0” 210lbs…Maryland…

Much like I want to bring in talent on the OL to push the young talent we have there I see nothing wrong with bringing in more talent at the Safety spot to push Brisker to either play better or to move into a backup role…Brade is much like Blackmon in that he is an excellent combo safety who plays a side of the field rather than always being defined as a SS or FS…adding him to an already young secondary would give us talent and depth back there for years to come and allow us to focus on building other spots on the roster.

Round 4 (via Philly)…

USATSI_21538259.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

WR…Ainias Smith…5-9” 200lbs…Texas A&M…

More help for Maye and another player who’s skill set mirrors that of a player Johnson currently has with the Lions…Smith reminds me a lot of Kalif Raymond in his toughness over the middle of the field and quickness in and out of his breaks…Smith would have a massive role on offence early but could develop a spot…what he would offer early is a make up for Velus Jones…Smith is an excellent and experienced returner who has been doing it since his rookie year…this season Smith is averaging 17 yards per punt return and shows the natural instincts that are required for the role.

Round 5…

USATSI_16755169.jpg

DE…Darius Robinson…6-6” 295lbs…Missouri…

You can never go wrong with adding athletic size and depth on the DL especially if you think you could potentially strike gold later in the draft…Robinson has excellent traits to work with and I can see him starting out as a rotation LE but potentially growing into a 5 or 3 tech…right away he would be an early down DE who would allow us to spell Sweat & Epenesa given he could plug their gaps given he offers similar size and length and enough pass rush to dent the pocket…on 3rd down I would have no issue using him on the inside along with the likes of Sweat, Epenesa & Dexter to create huge DL that I would expect to get into all sorts of throwing lanes with their length even if they couldn’t get to the QB.

Round 5 (via Falcons)…

F0ju20AWAAIXXfX.jpg

CB…Marcellas Dial…6-0” 195lbs…South Carolina…

Can you really see a draft where Poles doesn’t draft a CB? I can’t…I think Poles has learned from his time in in KC that you can find a lot of DB talent later in drafts…Dial has the H/W/L/S that Poles values at DB as well as a confident attitude that would fit well in this secondary…he isn’t as big or as thick as the likes of Stevenson or Smith but plays with a bit more fluidness which could find him a part of the gameplan against some teams…Dial hasn’t always been a starter but showed up on special teams at SC…he is a good development piece to add to the mix.

Depth Chart…

QB…Drake Maye…Tyson Bagent

RB…Khalil Herbert…D’Onta Foreman…Roschon Johnson…Darrynton Evans

FB…Khari Blasingame

WR…D.J Moore…Equanimeous St. Brown

WR…Gabriel Davis…Tyler Scott

WR…Josh Reynolds…Ainias Smith

TE… Cole Kmet…Brock Bowers…Robert Tonyan

LT…Braxton Jones…Javon Foster

LG…Tevin Jenkins                    

C…Jonah Jackson…Evan Brown

RG…Nate Davis…Ja’Tyre Carter

RT…Darnell Wright…Larry Borom

LE…Montez Sweat…Darius Robinson

DT…Andrew Billings…T'Vondre Sweat

DT…Gervon Dexter…Zacch Pickens…Javon Kinlaw

RE…A.J Epenesa…DeMarcus Walker

SLB…Andrew Van Ginkel…Noah Sewell

MLB…Trumaine Edmunds…Jack Sanborn

WLB…T.J Edwards

NB…Kyler Gordon…Josh Blackwell…Jaylon Jones

CB…Tyrique Stevenson…Terrell Smith

CB…Jaylon Jackson…Marcellas Dial

SS…Jaquan Brisker…Adrian Amos               

FS…Julian Blackmon…Beau Brade

P…Trenton Gill

K…Cario Santos

LS…Patrick Scales

• Like 2

I really like all of this. To nitpick you mention "releasing Mooney" and "reupping Santos" but Mooney is a UFA and Santos is still signed iirc

Either way like I said I like it all specifically the coaching hires

I've been doing a mock offseason which is something I normally don't ever post but Gabe Davis would be a good signing. I think he's too inconsistent still to warrant a huge contract but perhaps he can grow on that here + the potential still is high

Edited by beardown3231

Obviously we disagree on the HC situation, but if we were going elsewhere, Ben Johnson is the only way to go in my mind

But in both our scenarios, Getsy is gone, and I think all the Packers connections are as well. So to me it would be surprised to see ESB and Tonyan back, ESB especially if you have him bringing Josh Reynolds with him

I get the point you are making with Foreman, its just unusual that type of guy stays, especially across coaching changes. Seems like Roschon should be able to be the main guy in that run game, with Herbert as the complimentary. Not sure I would be spending money on 1/3 (at most) of your run game.

As for the draft, If we get a Top 2 pick, makes sense to make the change, and I like Maye way more than Williams at this point if you are putting your Franchise in his hands. Dont know if I can trust CW with that. 

And Bowers is obviously a special talent, He and Kmet would be a nasty TE duo. He wouldnt make the same impact as MHJ, but it would be an amazing weapon to add. Could very well see this as a spot that we move down though

But I dont understand wanting to use a Top 75 pick on a guy you know will be a backup (especially if you actually believe Braxton should be at LT) for the foreseeable future? You added 2 other Top 6 lineman already, just seems like over doing it there. 

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But I dont understand wanting to use a Top 75 pick on a guy you know will be a backup (especially if you actually believe Braxton should be at LT) for the foreseeable future? You added 2 other Top 6 lineman already, just seems like over doing it there. 

I was thinking Foster would likely be a reserve for this year but next year might take Nate Davis' spot. I'm not quite as high on Foster as I think he is a better IOL option, but I love how physical he is. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was thinking Foster would likely be a reserve for this year but next year might take Nate Davis' spot. I'm not quite as high on Foster as I think he is a better IOL option, but I love how physical he is. 

I disagree with that. He absolutely could be a Guard in the NFL, and may end up there. But if you are using a Top 75 pick on him, its because you think he can be one of your OTs.

And with Wright at RT as long as he's healthy, that just leaves LT. If we dont think Braxton is the LT going forward, Id expect that to be made pretty clear, and a developmental guy (on a slight reach at this point) does not really make that statement.

If it was a 5th round pick, I wouldnt bat an eye at it. But that high of an investment, you expect him to be a part of the future. And thats fine, it just leaves other question along the OL to me

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I disagree with that. He absolutely could be a Guard in the NFL, and may end up there. But if you are using a Top 75 pick on him, its because you think he can be one of your OTs.

And with Wright at RT as long as he's healthy, that just leaves LT. If we dont think Braxton is the LT going forward, Id expect that to be made pretty clear, and a developmental guy (on a slight reach at this point) does not really make that statement.

If it was a 5th round pick, I wouldnt bat an eye at it. But that high of an investment, you expect him to be a part of the future. And thats fine, it just leaves other question along the OL to me

That's where I disagree.

I was one who would have spent a top 10 pick on Nelson without blinking and would spend a first rounder on any of the base 22 spots if I think they're a damn good prospect. So a top 75 pick on an OG is not a problem at all for me. Last year I had 2nd round grades on several OG/OCs and drafted O'Cyrus Torrence at 56. Even then I would like them to have to fight for their starting role rather than walk into it. For a guy picked after the first he should absolutely have to earn the spot. 

Also depending on how Davis does for the rest of the year Foster may be competing with him for the starting gig right off the bat. I wouldn't rule it out atm. I think Davis will be fine though at least through 2024. Come 2025 though you can save $9.5 mil by cutting him if he underperforms. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Obviously we disagree on the HC situation, but if we were going elsewhere, Ben Johnson is the only way to go in my mind

But in both our scenarios, Getsy is gone, and I think all the Packers connections are as well. So to me it would be surprised to see ESB and Tonyan back, ESB especially if you have him bringing Josh Reynolds with him

I get the point you are making with Foreman, its just unusual that type of guy stays, especially across coaching changes. Seems like Roschon should be able to be the main guy in that run game, with Herbert as the complimentary. Not sure I would be spending money on 1/3 (at most) of your run game.

As for the draft, If we get a Top 2 pick, makes sense to make the change, and I like Maye way more than Williams at this point if you are putting your Franchise in his hands. Dont know if I can trust CW with that. 

And Bowers is obviously a special talent, He and Kmet would be a nasty TE duo. He wouldnt make the same impact as MHJ, but it would be an amazing weapon to add. Could very well see this as a spot that we move down though

I don't think ESB or Tonyan would follow Getsy due to the fact he is more than likely back to being a QB or WR coach...not only that but ESB has an obvious reason to want to stay in this offence as he knows how good it is from his brother...Tonyan as a #3 TE only needs to look at what Johnson is doing with a move TE to know he is one injury away from being a massive part of the offence...there isn't a much better situation to be in for either...

For me Foreman would be crazy to want to leave Chicago and we would be crazy to let him if we can get him for the same sort of money...the more we can load up on talent on this team the better...no one is saying resign Foreman to a 4 year deal but if you can get him for another year for $3-$4 million while every other back is on a rookie deal then you do it for the exact situation we found ourselves in this year where guys go down...we have no cap issues so hold on to your talent...

I also don't get the though process that you don't take OL talent in the top 75 unless you expect them to start...again injuries will hit and you need talent and depth...I have zero issue spending a 3rd round pick on a backup linemen who would be allowed to compete for a spot...it's why Philly with a quality OL already used a 4th round pick on OG Jack Driscoll in 2020...a 2nd round pick on C Cam Jurgens in 2022...and a 3rd round pick on Tyler Steen this year...when you have a strength you build on it and if I am dropping a rookie QB into any sort of situation I am making sure my OT spot is outstanding.

54 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

This would be a fantastic offseason that’d have me thinking playoffs. My one nitpick would be I don’t think Davis is much better than Mooney but will cost a good bit more. I think Mooneys been severely hindered by our crappy pass attack. Put Mooney in Buffalo and he produces. 

I'm not a big fan of Mooney but truthfully this came down to trying to add size to the WR core...I though about Michael Pittman Jr since there were strong rumors we wanted him in a trade if the Colts moved up to #1 in this draft but I am not sure he brings the pure deep threat that Davis can...Davis IMO can be what the Lions wanted Jamison Williams to be in their offence...the go ball when teams are confused by all the underneath stuff going on.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

also, if Evans is a perfect fit for RB4, why did this staff let him walk last year and sign Homer? 

For exactly that reason...your #4 RB you are probably going to move on and off the roster at different points in the year...he is good enough when he gets the ball to make something happen but not good enough that if you cut him to then re-add the following week there is going to be 5 or 6 teams lined up to sign him.

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

For exactly that reason...your #4 RB you are probably going to move on and off the roster at different points in the year...he is good enough when he gets the ball to make something happen but not good enough that if you cut him to then re-add the following week there is going to be 5 or 6 teams lined up to sign him.

my point is they would have just resigned Evans at the end of the season instead of signing Homer when FA opened. why resign him next offseason but not this past one? they resigned him this season because he was on a PS and we had 3 backs go out in one game with 2 of them multi game absences. Homer is far more likely to be resigned than Evans 

23 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

my point is they would have just resigned Evans at the end of the season instead of signing Homer when FA opened. why resign him next offseason but not this past one? they resigned him this season because he was on a PS and we had 3 backs go out in one game with 2 of them multi game absences. Homer is far more likely to be resigned than Evans 

I would presume because they wanted to give Homer a chance and Evans was the odd man out...then as the season you reevaluate and obviously they have seen their mistake...why would they then do the same mistake the following year?