Watson done for season

MWil23

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was agreeing with everything you said up to this. This is hyperbolic.

NFL teams will always print money. Short of a literal meteor hitting the stadium, they’ll be fine in 3 years. They get all of their draft picks again in 2025.

I might have been unclear: there is zero chance the NFL loses any money. I was just saying that this level of irresponsibility only can exist in a cash cow like the NFL. A move like this would bury most companies in the free market.

Watson is the least reliable starting QB in the league

True triple threat - can miss games via injury, suspension, or quitting

<7 games played - 4 seasons

7 or more games played - 3 seasons

0 playoff wins - 6 seasons

1 playoff win - 1 season 

nobody could have seen this coming 

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I did. Mainly because I hate trading draft picks in general. 

I’m speaking strictly from non Browns fans. And even then among Browns fans I’d say those who wanted to keep Baker said let him play out his fifth year deal but no way can they pay him essentially what they’d have paid Kyler Murray or Jared Goff.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m speaking strictly from non Browns fans. And even then among Browns fans I’d say those who wanted to keep Baker said let him play out his fifth year deal but no way can they pay him essentially what they’d have paid Kyler Murray or Jared Goff.

Correct. I didn’t want to spend much on any QB because of how we constructed our roster. It would’ve put a damper on the current talent. We haven’t encountered that issue yet, but it’ll be rearing its ugly head soon.

I would have kept Baker, drafted a midrounder to try and develop, and gone that route. That may have had questionable success, but wouldn’t have left us flatlined from a talent acquisition standpoint. 

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Legitimately no one in the NFL Gen Baker Mayfield or any Browns related anything legitimately thought that after 2021. That’s pure revisionist nonsense.

I thought so. Baker was obviously hobbled in 2021 after a great 2020. If we were getting 2020 baker production out of Watson we’d all be ecstatic right now.

Baker hasn’t panned out the way we’ve hoped, but no player in NFL history has been dealt a worse hand - he’s averaging about 1.2 OC’s a season, has never had a good coach or support structure, and was drafted to an 0-16 team. 

If a stable; normal franchise had drafted Baker (like say the Texans circa 2016) I’m certain he’d be great still. 

It just got ti a point of no return where the instability and circumstance was overwhelmingly bad and he started to regress. 

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Maybe someone got the details wrong - but if no one can point to the obvious play where his shoulder popped out Martin Riggs-style, then it's far more concerning that we're talking about the pre-existing shoulder instability associated with a rotator cuff tear, than a sudden single high-trauma event.

Does anyone have the play where it supposedly happened on YT/IG/Twitter?

It was right before halftime. He left the game, PJ Walker came in and threw a hail mary (pathetically). 

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It was right before halftime. He left the game, PJ Walker came in and threw a hail mary (pathetically). 

It’s more the impact he encountered.  It has to be really high to be a one time event (like body slammed to a surface with no give with full weight of defender). Vs. a vulnerable shoulder joint that got hit.  

Ultimately it’s moot until the operation but it just points to which scenario is likelier.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

D) The many who you claim didn't want Watson wanted guys like Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr which is even worse...

If they wanted nothing to do with Baker you draft someone and pick up a Jacoby Brissett in the meantime. If the Browns had Jimmy G or Carr how many more losses would they have over the last two seasons than they have had with Watson? My guess is less losses. Watson has time to earn some of his salary and some of what it took in draft picks to get him but unless he wins a SB he won't come close to being worth what was invested. 

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

If they wanted nothing to do with Baker you draft someone and pick up a Jacoby Brissett in the meantime. If the Browns had Jimmy G or Carr how many more losses would they have over the last two seasons than they have had with Watson? My guess is less losses. Watson has time to earn some of his salary and some of what it took in draft picks to get him but unless he wins a SB he won't come close to being worth what was invested. 

I mean, as bad as he’s been, they were 8-4 with him as a starter.

I don’t think they win more games with Jacoby who they had or one of those other guys when MVPJ Walker went 2-1 and DTR lost to Baltimore.

I think at best it’s a wash.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s more the impact he encountered.  It has to be really high to be a one time event (like body slammed to a surface with no give with full weight of defender). Vs. a vulnerable shoulder joint that got hit.  

Ultimately it’s moot until the operation but it just points to which scenario is likelier.  

Well the micro tear in his shoulder was in a muscle not the tendon. It doesn't matter but medically they said it was completely unrelated and makes sense.