Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings and Cousins go their separate ways, and the Vikings draft a QB. Either start the rookie, or start Mullens. 

I see no reason to start Mullens and would rather not have him on the roster. Either start a QB that deserves to be a starter in the league (whether Cousins or someone else) or start a QB that is a question mark that may prove to be a worthy starting QB in the league.  Mullens is a waste of the starting QB roster spot -- not at all unlike other backup QBs such as Carson Wentz.

Wentz has shown more ability to win in the NFL than Mullens so I suppose he would be a better option if the team had to pick one of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I see no reason to start Mullens and would rather not have him on the roster. Either start a QB that deserves to be a starter in the league (whether Cousins or someone else) or start a QB that is a question mark that may prove to be a worthy starting QB in the league.  Mullens is a waste of the starting QB roster spot -- not at all unlike other backup QBs such as Carson Wentz.

Wentz has shown more ability to win in the NFL than Mullens so I suppose he would be a better option if the team had to pick one of them.

I get what you're saying but it sounds like, based on what I've heard from Eagles fans, that Wentz is his own worst enemy.

https://sportsnaut.com/carson-wentz-reputation-players/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's debatable.

Anything is debatable, but their records as a starting QB in the league are what they are. Debate it all you want, but I don't care that hard because I don't want either of them as the starting QB for the Vikings, so it doesn't really matter to me which of them is better.  Neither of them should be starting QBs in the league IMO so I don't want the Vikings wasting roster space on either of them.  Those roster spots should be used for starting QBs or guys that have development potential.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a decade since the Vikings last traveled to the NFL scouting combine knowing they could draft their next starting quarterback in the first round. Since 2018, they've used the combine almost annually to conduct business with Kirk Cousins' agent about a new contract for the quarterback.

This year, the Vikings could do both of those things.

The Vikings, who have never selected a quarterback higher than 11th overall, have the No. 11 pick in this year's draft; they could select a QB there who would tie Daunte Culpepper as the highest-drafted passer in franchise history, or trade up to draft a quarterback in the top 10 for the first time.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-nfl-scouting-combine-kirk-cousins-danielle-hunter-quarterbacks/600346106/

• Like 1