Week 11 GDT: Titans(3-6) @ Jaguars(6-3)

TitanSlim

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Player development isn't there either and 3-14 in his last 17 games. Idk man.....

i realize it's very hard to assign blame with draft picks and certainly jon robinson is a factor here, but when you look at guys like radunz and NPF....these are dudes who came into league with all the skill and physical talent in the world to be starting-quality NFL tackles, but deficiencies with technique that needed to be coached up. and at this point we've seen zero, and i mean *zero* improvement from either of them. with NPF it even feels like regression. i mean, michael roos and david stewart were second and fourth round picks respectively and they anchored our line for a decade! you mean to tell me we can't even get *replacement-level* play from these guys? at what point do we look at the OL development and decide it's as much of a coaching problem as it is a drafting problem? 

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

And to @KingTitan point....

Yeah. Hard to say we didn't draft the right spot. But whew, we picked poorly. I will always remain strong in the idea that COVID and the inability for Robinson and his team to get in facilities ruined him. 
He was unable to really investigate guys like he did and that was it for him. Some guys may be able to just watch tape, but I think Robinson needed to be able to physically see and talk to guys. Not Zoom calls.

He got fooled by Wilson. Fell in love with Farley's measurables. 

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i realize it's very hard to assign blame with draft picks and certainly jon robinson is a factor here, but when you look at guys like radunz and NPF....these are dudes who came into league with all the skill and physical talent in the world to be starting-quality NFL tackles, but deficiencies with technique that needed to be coached up. and at this point we've seen zero, and i mean *zero* improvement from either of them. with NPF it even feels like regression. i mean, michael roos and david stewart were second and fourth round picks respectively and they anchored our line for a decade! you mean to tell me we can't even get *replacement-level* play from these guys? at what point do we look at the OL development and decide it's as much of a coaching problem as it is a drafting problem? 

For me, the 2022 class is a prime example of the lack of development. Burks, McCreary, NPF, Chig, Phillips all showed some flashes their rookie year that led me to believe we'd see some leap(whether minor or major) in their play in the 2nd season. Instead all of them are either at the exact same level or, even worse, have regressed. As much as Jon Robinson is to blame for a lot of our current problems, I think the lack of progression from a class that did show promise their rookie season is on Vrabel and the coaching staff. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

For me, the 2022 class is a prime example of the lack of development. Burks, McCreary, NPF, Chig, Phillips all showed some flashes their rookie year that led me to believe we'd see some leap(whether minor or major) in their play in the 2nd season. Instead all of them are either at the exact same level or, even worse, have regressed. As much as Jon Robinson is to blame for a lot of our current problems, I think the lack of progression from a class that did show promise their rookie season is on Vrabel and the coaching staff. 

There are also plenty of extenuating circumstances with a lot of these guys. Chig has just regresses, and I don’t know how much of it you can put on coaching. The guy just can’t catch the ball all of the sudden, what do you do about that? Guys like Burks, Phillips, and McCreary can’t stay consistently healthy. NPF I think has gotten better year by year, it’s just not good enough in the end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also. Can we get flexed out of that Monday night football game against the Dolphins?  

Nobody needs that in their life lol 

good grief, i forgot we play them. slowest team in football vs the fastest lmao, they might hit 70 again

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Nah, you both know how this works. The game we're supposed to get drilled we will somehow rise from the ashes for a night.

lol normally i'd agree but man...the vibes are just way worse this year. it doesn't seem like your typical inconsistent titans, this is just a REALLY bad team

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

lol normally i'd agree but man...the vibes are just way worse this year. it doesn't seem like your typical inconsistent titans, this is just a REALLY bad team

Yeah, I agree. It really feels awful the last two games. Even the loss against the Steelers wasn't bad, these last two, though. Man it feels rough. Long sustaining drives for the opposing offenses, and just nothing on our side. It just seems like I'm watching us play defense for three quarters.

9 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I agree. It really feels awful the last two games. Even the loss against the Steelers wasn't bad, these last two, though. Man it feels rough. Long sustaining drives for the opposing offenses, and just nothing on our side. It just seems like I'm watching us play defense for three quarters.

Pittsburgh felt like the last hope to right the ship. Losing that is like the team said F it. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I honestly don't know what any of this means lol 

Sounds like it's good for Levis and bad on the coaches?

Or 

It's just meaningless stats. 

I read it as we need to get that man more healthy drop backs. Because his averages are good per completion.

He had minimal drop backs today and made the most of it, compared to the competition.

These are the things that make me believe if we get proper pieces around Will he can thrive. All the talent is there. He is just in a dumpster fire of an offense.

• Like 1