BDL 2017 Week 14: Long Beach Leprechauns @ Wichita Woodpeckers

DingoLadd

who wins  

13 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Long Beach Ronans
    • Wichita Woodhens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2017 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 14: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Gameplan Long Beach

Offense:

QB- Josh McCown

RB- Mark Ingram

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Marvin Jones

Slot- Devin Funchess

Slot- Christian McCaffrey

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Max Unger

RG- Andrew Norwell

RT- Russell Okung

RB- Damien Williams

WR- Cooper Kupp

WR- Sammie Coates

TE- Tyler Kroft

TE- George Kittle

OL- Jamon Brown

OL- Hal Vaitai

OL- Brandon Shell

Defense:

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- DJ Reader

UT- Javon Hargrave

RE- Trey Flowers

WLB- De’Vondre Campbell

MLB- Jarrad Davis

SLB- Clay Matthews

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Artie Burns

FS- Budda Baker

SS- Landon Collins

LB- Deone Bucannon

DT/DE- Stephon Tuitt

DE- Ronald Blair

DT- Abry Jones

LB- Jayon Brown

CB- Bradley Roby

S- Darian Thompson

S/CB- Kareem Jackson

Wichita Woodpeckers

QB – Jared Goff
RB – Leonard Fournette
WR – Dez Bryant
WR – Kenny Stills
TE – Greg Olsen
TE – Ben Watson
LT – Duane Brown
LG – Kelechi Osemele
C – Ryan Kalil
RG – Jahri Evans
RT – Austin Howard

QB – Teddy Bridgewater
RB – Matt Forte
WR – DeVante Parker
WR – Eric Decker
TE – Cameron Brate
TE – Adam Shaheen
OL – Graham Glasglow
OL – Jeremy Parnell

DE – Brandon Graham
DT – Corey Peters
DT – A’Shawn Robinson
DE – Michael Bennett
LB – Luke Kuechly
LB – Sean Lee
CB – Ken Crawley
FS – Vonn Bell
SS – Harrison Smith
NCB – Brian Poole
CB – Daryl Worley

DE – Olivier Vernon
DT – Nazair Jones
LB – Tamba Hali
LB – AJ Klein
LB – Haason Reddick
CB – Quincy Wilson
CB – William Gay
S – Ron Parker

Team:

Last game of the regular season. Last week we didn’t come to play because of some unforeseen circumstance. We are back and ready to get busy. This game plan will be short and sweet.

Formation:

We will run a four wide to spread out the Wichita defense. McCaffrey will man the fourth receiver position. When McCaffrey is in the backfield Cooper Kupp will man it. We will mix in some three wide and two tight in different situations when needed, but our four wide is our bread and butter this week.

Offense:

No need to hype any of my guys in week 14. You already know the studs and you already know the duds. We will let McCown air it out to Hopkins, Jones Jr, Funchess, McCaffrey, Kupp, Ingram and the lot. With sophisticated route concepts that a veteran like him can take advantage of. We can abuse their D with our size from Funchess in the, and attack them with quickness from the other slot position. We have two very good receivers on the outside to combo route with the slot players. Woodpeckers have a thin corner group and we will take advantage of that. We have the option for a fifth passing option with Ingram or McCaffrey when he is back there coming out of the backfield.

We have a good pass blocking line. Okung gets the start again at RT with Armstead at LT. Our interior is Norwell, Unger, and Thuney. We believe these five can hold up and give McCown enough time to throw. Ingram will be used as a sixth blocker when he is not being released on routes, something he is very good at. We can role to a three wide if we are facing too much pressure and have Kittle or Kroft chip or stand in block from the TE position.

Run Offense:

Ingram will get the majority of carries, while McCaffrey will see some from the backfield. We will run a zone run scheme as my oline is athletic and can get out in space. Have you seen Armstead getting down field and punishing people? Oh my. They have a good run defense but as the defense is spread out with my 4 wide look we will have holes to gash them throughout.

Defense: Punish the Leonard and Jared band, Bring the heat, blitz to stop the run and pass. Force Goff to beat us.

Formation:

4-3 under with cover 3 shell behind it. This walks Landon Collins up as an extra box defender against the run.

Front 7:

We load up the interior with Reader and Hargrave to stop Fournette. My ends in Flowers and Jordan will have success closing down any outside runs and funneling them inside to my beasts. Stephon Tuitt backs up inside and comes in on clear passing downs and Ronald Blair backs up at end. Behind them will be Campbell, Davis and Matthews at LBer. They will have cover three assignments, with Matthews taking on blitzing roles to stop the run and disrupting Goff. We believe we can stop their three wide with our traditional 4-3 cover three shell, but we will bring in Roby in the slot in place of Matthews, and Bucannon in place of Davis if their passing game gets going against us.

Secondary:

Tru will shadow Dez but have deep third responsibilities. Burns will play on the outside and have deep third responsibilities on the opposite side. Budda Baker will have deep middle. Collins is in the box playing curl to flat over the slot receiver or TE if there is no slot. We don’t believe their receivers will beat us in our cover three. Dez is good but the others can’t matchup with my secondary. I respect Goff, but I want him to have to beat us by utilizing his other passing options.

Oh boy we are almost there!

Motivation:

It is time to play spoiler! Our team is ready to take another team out of the playoffs in Long Beach. Time to show the Leprechauns that a butt whooping is at the end of the rainbow.

Offense:
With Tyler Flowers not looking likely to play and the only other viable reserve pass rusher being Clay Matthews (who hasn’t played at DE since college) that leaves Cam Jordan as the only viable pass rusher on the front four unit. Thus, we expect Goff to have plenty of time in the pocket. We look to take advantage of this by utilizing a four wide (2 WR/2TE) look this week, to test the limits of LB’s coverage unit. We plan on making quick throws in an uptempo offense to keep LB’s defense on the field and not afford them time to pull in from the reserves. We plan to test the LB/S coverage with our two TE threats in Olsen and Watson over the middle, while looking for the single coverage to either Dez or Stills to find holes against a weak secondary. Johnson has struggled mightily this season and Burns just was torched himself this past week against the Bengals. If either get matched up with Dez in single coverage, we will mail it to him all day. Fournette will be used to pick up Jordan if he works his way through the OTs.

Additionally to keep the defense honest we plan to run the ball with Fournette and occasionally Forte. Fournette has been an absolute powerhouse this season and with the TEs forcing Safeties and/or LBers out of position, it should buy him some more running room at the second level. We should be able to control the clock with Fournette toating the ball.

Defense:
LB typically sports a 3 WR set, so we will set up in our nickel formation per usual. Hopkins will pull the double coverage of Crawley and Bell to neutralize his big play ability. Worley will take Jones while Poole covers the slot. Smith will move up in the box to neutralize the TE and to neutralize the run. Kuechly will set up in the middle of the field to take away the over the middle throw.

We will look to take advantage of an underwhelming defensive line with our variety of pass rushers in Graham, Bennett, Vernon and Hali, while also subbing in Jones from time to time to press the interior. We look to bust McCown’s pocket to not afford him to time to make accurate passes. There will be a situational blitz from Lee or Kuechly sporadically throughout the game to keep McCown uneasy.

Lastly we will be trying to shut the door on LB’s RBs. Lee will spy McCaffrey/Ingram out of the back field. Our front four is already solid against the run and our second line of defense of Lee/Kuechly/Smith will extinguish any hope of getting a running game started.

Oh and it seems you meant to say I have an underwhelming oline but called them a dline and then mentioned how you were going to pass rush them. You can pass rush my dline all you want with your dline that would make for an entertaining sight. Or maybe you were calling your own dline underwhelming which I could see would be fair. Also my oline is actually pretty good. 

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

My four wide even with McCown will be very nice against that coverage. Also playing a two tight fits perfectly into me wanting to run what is essentially a 4-4 with Collins up in the Box. Yeah baby.

Yet because you are playing a deep third zone defense, it is destroyed because of single coverage on the WRs and yo ur LBerd are already out of position for the uptempo dink and dunk to the TEs because you arr playing Cover 3.

In regards to the typo, an entire post devoted to a typo just to trash talk is funny to me. It is like... you have coke to the realization that you won't be winning this match or something.

28 minutes ago, PR said:

Yet because you are playing a deep third zone defense, it is destroyed because of single coverage on the WRs and yo ur LBerd are already out of position for the uptempo dink and dunk to the TEs because you arr playing Cover 3.

In regards to the typo, an entire post devoted to a typo just to trash talk is funny to me. It is like... you have coke to the realization that you won't be winning this match or something.

No they won't my players are on you baby boy. I'm having fun with it. Now shut your mouth before I come across this thread and rush your defensive line with my defensive line!

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

No they won't my players are on you baby boy. I'm having fun with it. Now shut your mouth before I come across this thread and rush your defensive line with my defensive line!

You say shadow and your defensive scheme is zone...you literally comtradicted yourself.. in your game plan

19 minutes ago, PR said:

You say shadow and your defensive scheme is zone...you literally comtradicted yourself.. in your game plan

Shadow in this case means that he moves to where Dez is lined up. No where did I say Man. I said but have deep third responsibilities. I would have said man if that's what I wanted him to do. You've read my game plans. I'm not some non detailed putz. I probably know more football than most. Don't try and play me baby girl.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

That's dumb.

That said I do think Long Beach's 4 wide is much more effective than Wichita's 4 wide.

Counselor lost half of his pass rush with Flowers being out... if anyone has more time in the pocket it is Goff...

Well this game is going to be an offensive explosion.   I think Counselor caught PR a little off guard here with the four wide look, though i have no idea why Funchess is in the slot.  I think that early lead is going to hold up.  Beach 42-38

25 minutes ago, PR said:

Counselor lost half of his pass rush with Flowers being out... if anyone has more time in the pocket it is Goff...

I saw that. That said a blitzing Clay Matthews should help compensate for the pass rush of Ronald Blair. Both teams have solid lines IMO.

DeAndre Hopkins > Ken Crawley

Marvin Jones > Daryl Worley

Devin Funchess > Brian Poole

Christian McCaffrey/Cooper Kupp > Quincy Wilson/William Gay

Trumaine Johnson -push- Dez Bryant - Both are talented players having a down year.

Artie Burns < Kenny Stills

Bradley Roby > Greg Olsen

De’Vondre Campbell > Ben Watson

At best you win 2 of 4 match-ups whereas he wins all 4 solidly IMO.

Archived