LA Rams: Gameday Thread

MDY10

Rumor has it that it’ll be LA at Detroit to start the year on Sunday night.

Not a big fan of starting against them if it’s true. I think it might take the defense a couple games to get going considering it’s a new DC, new players, very young, and the first year without AD in a while. Wish we had them in week 3-5 ish. 

That said, a little over 100 days left i believe!! Can’t wait to see what this team looks like. Still some good FAs out there that I wouldn’t mind taking a look at. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Kinda hate our schedule. The first 5 games out of the gate are tough and id be happy with 2-3. Worst part is the early bye (Week 6). Not great for Stafford or Kupp. 

I agree, but as much as most people hate Thursday games, I’m glad we have two of them so we can have the extra days of rest. We have a Thursday night game on week 8 as well as well as week 15. I don’t necessarily hate our schedule. In the final five games we only leave California one time. 

On 5/16/2024 at 6:22 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Kinda hate our schedule. The first 5 games out of the gate are tough and id be happy with 2-3. Worst part is the early bye (Week 6). Not great for Stafford or Kupp. 

I'm not too worried. McVay has shown he can handle a young team. I don't expect another slow start like last season.

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

What are we doing? I'm at the point where I'll defer to Mcvay/Snead, but this one is just flat out stupid. He's out best player on defense and we need the leadership after AD leaves. 

Yeah pretty wild. They don’t usually pay defenders and all that but a week before the season and our captain wants out? This won’t be good. Rozeboom and Reeder as our starters is going to be brutal. Detroit is about to run for 600 yards. They better trade him and trade for another guy asap if they’re going to let him go 

PFF: Speights is the highest-graded defensive player (90.6) in the preseason (min. 55 snaps). Also t-first in tackles causing unsuccessful plays for the opposing offense (9), & tied for second in TFL (3).

they don’t value Lbs. And i kinda agree. Even though he’s our best defender by a good margin. He must want 14 mil per season.. he’s deff worth that, but he’s more Alec than he is Brian Urlacher a Ray Lewis. He’s really good at rushing, not sure why he didn’t send him more. Kinda crazy though, he’s been one of our best players the last 4 years. Never made a sound or demand an about getting paid. Was huge for a Super Bowl run and in the Super Bowl… Wish he would stay, because he’s only getting better. And we have tons of cap room the next 3-5 years.. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

PFF: Speights is the highest-graded defensive player (90.6) in the preseason (min. 55 snaps). Also t-first in tackles causing unsuccessful plays for the opposing offense (9), & tied for second in TFL (3).

they don’t value Lbs. And i kinda agree. Even though he’s our best defender by a good margin. He must want 14 mil per season.. he’s deff worth that, but he’s more Alec than he is Brian Urlacher a Ray Lewis. He’s really good at rushing, not sure why he didn’t send him more. Kinda crazy though, he’s been one of our best players the last 4 years. Never made a sound or demand an about getting paid. Was huge for a Super Bowl run and in the Super Bowl… Wish he would stay, because he’s only getting better. And we have tons of cap room the next 3-5 years.. 

So we're letting our best defender and leader on defense go, the year after AD retires, for an UDFA because he played well in the preseason? 

Jones stated he never asked for a trade. Confused up to where the rumors are untrue. Did they let him seek a trade or is that part of what was false? I’m a firm believer of Where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Jones stated he never asked for a trade. Confused up to where the rumors are untrue. Did they let him seek a trade or is that part of what was false? I’m a firm believer of Where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

It’s not him. It’s his agent. His agent feels like they have leverage because no Donald. Rams wanna see what he can do without Donald. Agent is threating for a hold out/ trade. Rams are saying ok. Because the Rams have more leverage. They went about this wrong way imo. Should have been done last year. We have cap space, he’s really good. Just not sure he’s 10+ mil good or at least that what Rams feel like. Honestly, we don’t need him. And yes he’s our best defender. But this defense runs on scheme they feel they can plug and play. They just need DL and Corners. 

• Like 1

Yeah if we let Jones go Im going to be pissed. You cant lose AD and Ernest Jones in the same offseason and expect these young guys to not only know all assignments but be leaders on that side of the ball. 

I get that if we dont cut a deal this year we're going to lose him in FA, but thats what the comp picks are for and it's a game we played since 2017, why buck that trend now?

We would be lucky to get a 4th for him and it's just not worth what he brings this season while our window is open. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Like 1