Week 12: VIKINGS (6-5) vs. Bears (3-8)

swede700

That was an absolutely terrible game all around (minus the actual TD drive). Im glad i wasnt able to watch the first half of the game, simple atrocious.

Thought KOC played the end of the game wrong after we got the ball back with 3+ minutes left. Yes, he forced them to take their timeouts but that just left way too much time on the clock. Thought he should have played for at least one first down and gone from there.

Then Flores compounded it by just dropping 8 back and letting them dink and dunk until the big play to DJ Moore on the 3rd and long. Just left him wide open in the middle of the field with no pressure on the QB whatsoever. Wasnt a fan to say the least.

At least we cant get an L on the books this week.

Dobbs Magic has worn off and teams are figuring him out unfortunately.
Will be interesting to see if KOC sticks with him after the bye and how he responds or if KOC pulls him in favor of Hall (who I'd like to see get another chance).

Better hope we can pull off at least 2 of the 3 remaining division games (2 are at home) and then try to sneak at least 1 of the 2 remaining road non-conference games up next. Would put us at 9-8/10-7 and a likely 7 seed....maybe a 6?.

On 11/28/2023 at 8:47 PM, meixdaddy_10 said:

That was an absolutely terrible game all around (minus the actual TD drive). Im glad i wasnt able to watch the first half of the game, simple atrocious.

Thought KOC played the end of the game wrong after we got the ball back with 3+ minutes left. Yes, he forced them to take their timeouts but that just left way too much time on the clock. Thought he should have played for at least one first down and gone from there.

Then Flores compounded it by just dropping 8 back and letting them dink and dunk until the big play to DJ Moore on the 3rd and long. Just left him wide open in the middle of the field with no pressure on the QB whatsoever. Wasnt a fan to say the least.

At least we cant get an L on the books this week.

Dobbs Magic has worn off and teams are figuring him out unfortunately.
Will be interesting to see if KOC sticks with him after the bye and how he responds or if KOC pulls him in favor of Hall (who I'd like to see get another chance).

Better hope we can pull off at least 2 of the 3 remaining division games (2 are at home) and then try to sneak at least 1 of the 2 remaining road non-conference games up next. Would put us at 9-8/10-7 and a likely 7 seed....maybe a 6?.

Absolutely!  One first down would have sealed the victory.  KOC made a bad mistake trying to use the whole field with Dobbs so soon.  He should have stuck with only half the field and  used roll-outs and play action, much more, and tried to tailor Dobbs' play choices much more to his skills rather than having him stay in the pocket and try to look over reads all across the field.  He throws better in make-shift, ad-lib situations on the run, to targets who get open because he's in an unexpected place, throwing to a new location after the original play breaks down.  In the pocket, with several rushers coming at him, he panics, and throws to heavily covered, non-open targets, or just tries to throw the ball away, and it often goes to defenders.  That strategy is untenable.  I'd like to give Hall another try.  But, I think KOC will start Mullens.

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

We pretty much need to beat LV, Cincy and GB. Maybe Detroit once. 

I just don't trust that anymore. Not with these QBs.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:32 PM, SemperFeist said:

Watching someone the replays and damn! Just too many wasted opportunities. 

Addison should have had a monster night on Monday, but instead had one of his worst games. 

I'm catching the full game now. We completely blew this one from the first play to the last.