Week 12: VIKINGS (6-5) vs. Bears (3-8)

swede700

Game 12

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&hevsNFL_Bears1.gif?width=160&height=106&fit=

When:  8:15 PM EST, November 27th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: ABC/ESPN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters  (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map: National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Bears - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.      

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think you have to play Jefferson now. Can’t really afford to drop many more games we should really be winning. Chicago could have beaten Detroit so they shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

They shouldn't be taken lightly, but I'd much rather face Fields with his zero ability to see the field.  Danielle should get at least 2 sacks.  I'm much more concerned about them turning the ball over again, which got them in trouble last night and did cause some issues at Soldier Field as well which allowed Chicago to stay in that game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They shouldn't be taken lightly, but I'd much rather face Fields with his zero ability to see the field.  Danielle should get at least 2 sacks.  I'm much more concerned about them turning the ball over again, which got them in trouble last night and did cause some issues at Soldier Field as well which allowed Chicago to stay in that game.

Maybe earlier in the season, but that's a pretty hyperbolic. He was reading the bad Detroit defense yesterday. Play calling killed them.

Can't let him escape and kill you with his legs, and the offense has to hold on to the ball.

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Maybe earlier in the season, but that's a pretty hyperbolic. He was reading the bad Detroit defense yesterday. Play calling killed them.

Can't let him escape and kill you with his legs, and the offense has to hold on to the ball.

If he did it yesterday that's the first time he's done it in his career.  It may be hyperbolic, but I've never seen him actually read a defense any time I've seen him play.  He holds onto the ball forever looking at one side of the field or makes 1-2 reads in his progression at most before taking off.  

Edited by swede700

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If he did it yesterday that's the first time he's done it in his career.  It may be hyperbolic, but I've never seen him actually read a defense any time I've seen him play.  He holds onto the ball forever looking at one side of the field or makes 1-2 reads in his progression at most before taking off.  

There's a lot of that, but that's also the offense they've run. If you've spent any time watching JT O'Sullivan break down Bears games, there's a lot of "what are they trying to do here, what is this route concept?" Hard to read when you've got 2 guys covered by one defender because they run to the same area of the field and stop. If DJ Moore or Cole Kmet don't win on routes early the offense is basically "let Fields run".

22 minutes ago, RpMc said:

As they say on the PowerTrip morning show... is this a MUST win... or a HAVE to win?

It's a HAVE to win as far as I'm concerned...it's not a must win, but they should win.  If they lose, it's certainly not critical, but it would be definitely a shot to the morale.

• Like 2

I expect Chicago to blitz early and often and try to force Dobbs into mistakes. 

Even if Jefferson plays, I doubt he'll have a monster game. My guess is that we'll have to do a lot of screens or play action to open up the offense.

With this being a MNF game, i doubt ill be able to catch it on time. I'll just have to record and watch later. I should have done that with last weeks game haha