2023 GDT week 12 Da Steelers 6-4 Visit Da Bengals 5-5

Steeler Hitman

32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Steelers should claim Shaq Leonard if they get a chance.

this would be great if Leonard is healthy. Him, Roberts and Martinez should cure the tackling issues at ILB  and Leonard is great at FF too

do other teams get the opportunity before us? I don't know the details on how the waiver wire works. 

I am really interested to see how Faulkner and Sullivan handle the backfield touches. 

You could make an argument that Jaylen Warren has been a top 5 RB this year and the best RB in the NFL the last 3 weeks. I want to see Warren and Pickens be the focal point of the offense with Pat and DJ right behind them.

We need to do a better job of getting the ball into our best player’s hands on offense.

25 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I am really interested to see how Faulkner and Sullivan handle the backfield touches. 

You could make an argument that Jaylen Warren has been a top 5 RB this year and the best RB in the NFL the last 3 weeks. I want to see Warren and Pickens be the focal point of the offense with Pat and DJ right behind them.

We need to do a better job of getting the ball into our best player’s hands on offense.

I don't think you'll see much of a change.  It's been 55/45 in percent of snaps Najee/Warren.  What I do expect is a change in blocking scheme ideas for the two to put both in the best postilion. 

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

this is what good offences do. If the opposing team really schemes to take that away , then others are open and then go there.  It would be nice if  the steelers follow your idea and remember, our offence can only get better anyways;)

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I don't think you'll see much of a change.  It's been 55/45 in percent of snaps Najee/Warren.  What I do expect is a change in blocking scheme ideas for the two to put both in the best postilion. 

The change I want to see is for them to ride the hot hand. It was infuriating to watch us continually go back to Najee last week when he clearly didn’t have it and Warren was running like prime Adrian Peterson. 

As much as I love Warren I can get behind the idea that he will be less efficient/awesome if we give him too much work. But when he’s got it going like he did last week and Najee is plodding I hope they will keep riding him. I think it could have been the difference between a loss and a win last week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The change I want to see is for them to ride the hot hand. It was infuriating to watch us continually go back to Najee last week when he clearly didn’t have it and Warren was running like prime Adrian Peterson. 

As much as I love Warren I can get behind the idea that he will be less efficient/awesome if we give him too much work. But when he’s got it going like he did last week and Najee is plodding I hope they will keep riding him. I think it could have been the difference between a loss and a win last week.

to me this was a  fail by tomlin by allowing this to happen. If he tells canada get GP and Warren the ball, thats it. However, if we win, then we also still have canada for possibly a few more weeks and that might not have been for the better. Tomlin might have waited for this browns game for a reason, we will never know. Just imagine if he never fires canada and the offence continued as it was - till seasons end. 

From here on, I expect the hot hand to get more attempts and better play calling and overall energy from the offence.  No more excuses for some of these players or coaching staff. They have ideal opponents to play against as well, so thats it for the complaining and excuses from players. 

It can only get better and in comparison, a decent -good scheme with this roster could be quite a shock as opposed to what we are used to

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Definitely agree. Kinda my biggest issue at times is Najee isn’t as bad as people make him out to be. He’s done good against tougher run chances. We don’t have to put down one (Najee) to be excited about the other (Warren)

Just now, warfelg said:

Definitely agree. Kinda my biggest issue at times is Najee isn’t as bad as people make him out to be. He’s done good against tougher run chances. We don’t have to put down one (Najee) to be excited about the other (Warren)

they can mix it up and get results. On the last drive in that browns game though, Warren had the hot hand so he gets the ball if that game happens again this season vs whoever especially in the playoffs. Warren is probably a top 5 RB or close.  The new OC better not ruin the run game , thats for sure. 

First time in years Ive been excited to see the Steelers offense.

Not because I think we'll be much or even any better the rest of the year, but simply because its not Randy Fitchner or Matt Canada running the offense anymore.

Ill take the unknown over those two any day, and twice on Sundays.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/statsguydaniel/status/1727348654011515340?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

This is why we should be excited by both. 

33 minutes ago, 43M said:

First time in years Ive been excited to see the Steelers offense.

Not because I think we'll be much or even any better the rest of the year, but simply because its not Randy Fitchner or Matt Canada running the offense anymore.

Ill take the unknown over those two any day, and twice on Sundays.

same here. ben was washed and that was a waste as well. I have to go back to Haley era when we had a good OL but still had a QB that wanted to  throw all the time and control the team. This could be better than what we are accustomed to anyways. I just hope they don't ruin the run game  and try to force carries to the cold RB