2023 GDT week 12 Da Steelers 6-4 Visit Da Bengals 5-5

Steeler Hitman

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

It was against a very bad defense so take it for what it is worth.  The Steelers get another bad defense next week with the Cards.

it's perfect timing though, perhaps it was intentional. Best way to practice is vs teams that are mediocre or bad.  

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

To pile onto DJ for a minute:

He needs to go. It’s not just about the effort on this play but in the last two years he’s had like 5-6 games where communication/effort of his was questioned and he goes right to Twitter to call out and say he was right. This is the third year in a row where there’s been some locker room issue involving him that he denies, yet other players aren’t coming out and saying it’s normal locker room stuff. 

lets just get the most from him this year and even if he does really good, trade and get more for him 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

the top dog for a while hasn’t been mature or humble. You go from AB, to JuJu, to DJ. That’s a long line of immaturity at the WR1 position. And as much as you can say someone further down the chart can be a leader

tomlin allows this.  No other way to explain it. This wouldn't happen under a strict coach. He allows this , then it creates other problems along the way. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

or go with a QB1 who’s not going to let you get away with that crap.

should the QB1 be THE one that doesn't let the WR get away with it? I thought HC should be setting the guidelines on conduct and whats allowed and what isn't.  Just threaten the WR with getting traded to carolina- because the weather is nicer there :P

On 11/26/2023 at 11:07 AM, SteelersFan2333 said:

While I think many fans are looking for massive changes in the O, here are a few things that will make today good for me:

1- Less predictable playcalling- when other teams are calling out the play before the snap  it’s never a good sign 

2- KP with the option and ability to change out of a play, ie if a screen is called and it’s man press coverage killing it and changing play

3- better distribution between our RB. Ride the hot hand and have the right guy in for the playcall

4- take a few shots downfield and over the MOF. Remember our TEs. Totally missing from our games

5- give GP an actual route tree to take advantage of his skills

If KP throws for 400/4 I certainly wouldn’t complain, but just some basic football stuff is an improvement for me, we all know the D is what we’re going to rely on and we just need a functional offense  

What are you guys hoping to see today?

Happy to see 4 of the 5 things I wanted to see, have to find GP routes to check #5. I know the cinci D isn’t great, but definitely positive steps with only a few days preparation. Looking forward to seeing what a full week brings!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont know if it will continue or if today was a complete fluke, but either way....the sheer comedic value of this team having its first 400+ yard game and Kenny having his best regular season game of his career the VERY FIRST GAME after Canada is fired is, well....

4pJONIV.gif

You’ll like this one too

https://x.com/adamlevitan/status/1729169017871712514?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

It was against a very bad defense so take it for what it is worth.  The Steelers get another bad defense next week with the Cards.

True, and while I feel like this game would have had a similar SCORE under Canada, I dont think we would have gotten to 400 yards.   Maybe just over 300.   This is one of the first times I felt I like this offense has even really attempted to have a REAL passing game in years.   Im certainly not saying this will happen every week, but aside from the occasional cowardly playcalling, especially on 2nd and 3rd downs on the Bengals side of the field, I was much more encouraged by this offense than anything it ever showed under Canada outside of the occasional late 4th quarter drives.

This is still a very meh team, but at least I have a renewed reason to watch.    Before they sacked Canada, I was pretty much done with season, and was legit ready to completely boycott next year if changes weren't made.

Im glad we didnt wait.   See what these guys have, and if the offense isnt clicking, get a new OC this offseason (which Im actually hoping is what happens,  but if Faulkner and Sullivan keep having success, so be it.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

In slight fairness, I understand he didnt have the greatest talent to work with his entire time here, but he MAY have been the worst playcaller Ive ever seen in my time watching the NFL...certainly the worst for the Steelers.   Made Fitchner seem competent.

12 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Am I crazy to want us to go after Marcus Peters? Why did the raiders release him

I think he got into it with the coach. Also, yeah, I'd probably pass on Peters. He seems to be way more trouble than he's worth. He's coasting off those couple of good years he had at the beginning of his career. 

3 hours ago, 43M said:

True, and while I feel like this game would have had a similar SCORE under Canada, I dont think we would have gotten to 400 yards.   Maybe just over 300.   This is one of the first times I felt I like this offense has even really attempted to have a REAL passing game in years.   Im certainly not saying this will happen every week, but aside from the occasional cowardly playcalling, especially on 2nd and 3rd downs on the Bengals side of the field, I was much more encouraged by this offense than anything it ever showed under Canada outside of the occasional late 4th quarter drives.

This is still a very meh team, but at least I have a renewed reason to watch.    Before they sacked Canada, I was pretty much done with season, and was legit ready to completely boycott next year if changes weren't made.

Im glad we didnt wait.   See what these guys have, and if the offense isnt clicking, get a new OC this offseason (which Im actually hoping is what happens,  but if Faulkner and Sullivan keep having success, so be it.)

Serious question I have for you 43 - now that they canned Canada and we are 7-4 are you rooting for Ws and a playoff berth or still hoping for Ls to see even bigger changes made this offseason?

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

tomlin putting it in the players hand, similar to execution of course.  Giving dionte another chance makes sense, but this better not be the type of event that is  happens again, this team doesn't need that.

at least we can thank the web and social media for bringing this to light.   Players like this need to get some negative press especially considering his WR1 status and cap value, just not what the team needs from him. 

best way for dionte to answer to teammates is to have a good game and continue from there.  Will he though is what we will find out.  If he needs momentum, let Levi cover him in practice