DTR vs Joe Flaco

hornbybrown

DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

1 minute ago, JDD said:

DTR needs to learn when to throw 60 mph and when to throw it 30 mph. Dude lets it rip and while NFL WR should catch it, if it’s not in the green catch circle it’s hard to do. Cooper has had struggles for some reason and that is surprising. I thought that Harrison Bryant TD was a fastball and was glad he caught it. If he dropped it, he’s a bum. That was a middle though. 

Youthful excitement and probably a lot of passes getting picked in TC while he adjusts to the speed will do that.

Some of the throws come in hot for sure, but they haven’t been so extreme that Njoku should drop like 7 in 2 games.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think DTR looked all that bad.  He’s obviously not starter material yet, but for a backup?  Meh.  I’ve seen a lot worse.  He also had a lot of help from the receivers. 

He definitely has a lot to learn just as far as running NFL offenses and such. Watching what Wilson was able to do as far as manipulating defenses, etc. compared to DTR was chess to checkers.  But, such is life with a rookie…

Not all that bad, just some that bad. He definitely got better as the game progressed. We're talking starter though (this year) and with him there is hope. May be false hope but it's something. Obviously we should have ran more especially between the tackles but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Youthful excitement and probably a lot of passes getting picked in TC while he adjusts to the speed will do that.

Some of the throws come in hot for sure, but they haven’t been so extreme that Njoku should drop like 7 in 2 games.

Agree that guys need to catch everything to help a young QB. Njoku really does when he needs to be a big part of the offense with DTR

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’ve given up on DTR already??

He can’t even make an accurate throw on a swing pass. I didn’t like him when he came out. Regardless, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to draft somebody to compete at the position. I’m talking about like a fourth round pick. Even if you are right and he is a decent backup at some point, do you see a guy that can play chunks of a season as a quality starter? I don’t think he has those skills. And if he develops into next year, let him compete with the guy I’m talking about drafting and let the best man win. I’m not opposed to that. The QB position is biting us in the arse this year. Worth the investment.

Edited by NateDawg

22 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He can’t even make an accurate throw on a swing pass. I didn’t like him when he came out. Regardless, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to draft somebody to compete at the position. I’m talking about like a fourth round pick. Even if you are right and he is a decent backup at some point, do you see a guy that can play chunks of a season as a quality starter? I don’t think he has those skills. And if he develops into next year, let him compete with the guy I’m talking about drafting and let the best man win. I’m not opposed to that. The QB position is biting us in the arse this year. Worth the investment.

I’m absolutely cool with reinforcing the position but I’m not seeing what you are with his play.  I’ve seen more positives than negatives for a late round rookie. 

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

for a late round rookie

I think this is the issue. He best case scenario is a guy you hope develops into Josh Dobbs…a guy who gives you a spark and wins some games then comes plummeting back down to earth and mediocrity.

This team needs a Kelly Holcomb or Jacoby as long as we have Watson, not a late round rookie project IMO.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think this is the issue. He best case scenario is a guy you hope develops into Josh Dobbs…a guy who gives you a spark and wins some games then comes plummeting back down to earth and mediocrity.

This team needs a Kelly Holcomb or Jacoby as long as we have Watson, not a late round rookie project IMO.

Hard to pay a top shelf, established backup and a vet starter at the same time. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Fine, but then keep Dobbs

Oh absolutely.  Huge swing and miss there imo.

I don’t like relying on rookies at all, especially at QB.  I really assumed they’d keep Dobbs this year, let DTR just learn and develop and then next year move on from Dobbs once DTR had a chance to settle in.

They got way too cute imo.