Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

The problem is they played a who's who of jank offenses (and a couple of good or better) before the bye and their yards allowed and points allowed were artificially deflated. DVOA got that they weren't playing well. Fan eye tests got that they weren't playing up to capability. But from the outside it was harder to see.

I  kind of get what he's trying to say because turning the ball over and what not can put undue stress on a defense (look at the difference in tampa's defense between last year of Winston and first year of Brady lol), but I don't care how bad the offense is. You go nearly 50 dropbacks without a sack and give up 9 yards a play to Minnesota, that's not an offense issue.  With Cincinnati, there was only a 3 minute TOP discrepancy and  variance of 6 plays. Defense just couldn't get them to third down consistently enough and were nickel and dimed to death lol. They gave up nearly 30 first downs. 

I mean, outside of the randomness that is the turnover regression, the offense was just fine lol. Maybe didn't run so well to the left any more, but I had no serious long term concerns over the offense 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I  kind of get what he's trying to say because turning the ball over and what not can put undue stress on a defense (look at the difference in tampa's defense between last year of Winston and first year of Brady lol), but I don't care how bad the offense is. You go nearly 50 dropbacks without a sack and give up 9 yards a play to Minnesota, that's not an offense issue.  With Cincinnati, there was only a 3 minute TOP discrepancy and  variance of 6 plays. Defense just couldn't get them to third down consistently enough and were nickel and dimed to death lol. They gave up nearly 30 first downs. 

I mean, outside of the randomness that is the turnover regression, the offense was just fine lol. Maybe didn't run so well to the left any more, but I had no serious long term concerns over the offense 

It also took a God tier Purdy game to beat the Cardinals. And another really good offensive showing to hold off the Rams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

He looks sharp though.  Expensive clothes are silly.  They are like wearable table cloths that fall apart and get messed up in a myriad of ways.  I see designer clothes as a comedy of errors.  

Oh he's fine, and I honestly dress the same way. I think the tweet isn't making fun of Purdy's choice of clothing, more so his persona as a ho-hum guy that doesn't look like the MONSTAR that's going to walk into your stadium, and drop 40+ on you. Smells like a backwards compliment. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oh he's fine, and I honestly dress the same way. I think the tweet isn't making fun of Purdy's choice of clothing, more so his persona as a ho-hum guy that doesn't look like the MONSTAR that's going to walk into your stadium, and drop 40+ on you. Smells like a backwards compliment. 

Yes and no, there was an eagles fan who said "look at this guy, he has no aura. No way the niners beat the eagles" and that tweet was in response to that. 

"He came in here with his $75 outfit and took a sh!t on your living room floor while making direct eye contact" would have been more accurate 

The niners are the best team on the planet. It's unquestionable. Just need 5 more healthy games. We are so close I can taste it. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Forge said:

This.

Like you could kind of see it against the Lambs & Cards.

At least I could. 

Letting inferior offenses keep the game within reach by not getting off the field on 3rd downs was infuriating me at the time. I remember us routinely giving up 3rd and very long during that stretch as well. 

Like the screen pass to Devonta Smith that the Iggles converted on like 3rd & 19. Those types of plays shouldn't happen with the firepower we put on the field in obvious passing situations. It's Inexcusable imo.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That strut he did was the cherry on top.  Simple silly celebration, just like the sacko-rioni and the Ayuik slide.  After all that talk from the fanbase, simple stuipd celebration makes me happy.

1 hour ago, burlow said:

That strut he did was the cherry on top.  Simple silly celebration, just like the sacko-rioni and the Ayuik slide.  After all that talk from the fanbase, simple stuipd celebration makes me happy.

Great way to tuck the Eagles in for the evening.