SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Soggust said:

I've rewatched this like 10x and, maybe this is a boomer take, but I don't really think this should have been anything either way and we all are overblowing this. 

There was a beef between Greenlaw and D Smith. The head of security instinctually gets in between to break it up. Maybe he shouldn't have, sure, but jfc it's understandable as a security guy and the "shove" is so gentle its obviously a "break it up guys" kind of thing. 

Conversely, I don't think Greenlaw is trying to even strike Dom here. I don't think he was mad about being shoved because I think he's either trying to point at or strike D Smith who is walking behind the dude and he accidentally barely swipes the guy who decided to get involved. 

FAFO from Dom and neither should have been ejected imo. To me, it's really a nbd issue and milder than an average PIT/BAL game lol. 

Dom is not a player nor a coach. He should not be in that situation in the first place and if he is trying to break it up, he needs to go grab his player not the opponent.

The refs ejected Greenlaw so it ended up being a big thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dom is not a player nor a coach. He should not be in that situation in the first place and if he is trying to break it up, he needs to go grab his player not the opponent.

It's not like he ran in from the stands to get into Greenlaw's face. He was already there and just put himself between the two players. Sure, he could have faced Smith instead of Greenlaw but he wasn't overly aggressive or anything. Pretty run of the mill fight breakup IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think even players or coaches should be grabbing the opponents, otherwise I agree.

But I still don't think either did anything egregious enough to warrant ejection.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

lol well luckily you guys didn't seem to need him but I'm just criticizing the refs here

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

It's not like he ran in from the stands to get into Greenlaw's face. He was already there and just put himself between the two players. Sure, he could have faced Smith instead of Greenlaw but he wasn't overly aggressive or anything. Pretty run of the mill fight breakup IMO.

Lol, you say that but he clearly shoves Greenlaw and that just isn't normal nor acceptable to the players. When Draymond put Gobert in a choke hold, there is a reason majority of the former players took his side even though he was the one choking out Gobert.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, you say that but he clearly shoves Greenlaw and that just isn't normal nor acceptable to the players. When Draymond put Gobert in a choke hold, there is a reason majority of the former players took his side even though he was the one choking out Gobert.

The players aren't the English Royal Family - they are out there in a helmet and pads running at each other full force for 60 minutes. I think they can handle a "shove" from a commoner in a sweatsuit.

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, if you want to make mention of the play on Smith and what he does in general....But there is no way you think he is to blame for what he did to the security guard. What that security guard did was so unprecedented that the NFL is likely going to ban him and others like him for being that close to the sidelines going forward. 

Bro, c'mon. He's a grown man and is responsible for his own actions.

22 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

The players aren't the English Royal Family - they are out there in a helmet and pads running at each other full force for 60 minutes. I think they can handle a "shove" from a commoner in a sweatsuit.

Cool, then expect to get smushed in return. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you are blaming him for responding after the security guard put hands on him? Simple yes or no question. 

I'm blaming him for thrusting his closed fist out and making contact with another man's face. Is he not an adult with agency?

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm blaming him for thrusting his closed fist out and making contact with another man's face. Is he not an adult with agency?

And Aaron Donald has choked multiple people, among committing other physical actions that were unnecessary (some during practice). But we won't see you be changing your avatar anytime soon. You don't care about what Greenlaw did, just what logo is on his helmet - that much is obvious.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Making contact with another man's face after........?

Look, you thinking Greenlaw is a dirty player is an okay take since he does live on the edge and pushes the limit. No one will argue against that. For you to act like it is egregious for Greenlaw to respond AFTER BEING SHOVED BY A SECURITY GUARD is crazy. There is a reason everyone is taking Greenlaw's side here. You think Donald would just let a non-player shove him like that and not respond? Hilarious. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Making contact with another man's face after........?

Look, you thinking Greenlaw is a dirty player is an okay take since he does live on the edge and pushes the limit. No one will argue against that. For you to act like it is egregious for Greenlaw to respond AFTER BEING SHOVED BY A SECURITY GUARD is crazy. There is a reason everyone is taking Greenlaw's side here. You think Donald would just let a non-player shove him like that and not respond? Hilarious. 

I have no idea what Donald would do. But if Donald chose to hit him, he'd be responsible for his actions too. I'm sure I'd be angry like I imagine Shanahan was that a guy who isn't a player or coach involved himself in things. But that doesn't change the fact that grown men are responsible for their own actions.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I have no idea what Donald would do. But if Donald chose to hit him, he'd be responsible for his actions too. I'm sure I'd be angry like I imagine Shanahan was that a guy who isn't a player or coach involved himself in things. But that doesn't change the fact that grown men are responsible for their own actions.

I mean sure, you keep repeating that and it's all good and dandy...However, very few of these players will accept being touched by a non-player like that from the opposing team. Dom didn't just break it up, but he clearly shoved Greenlaw. Not only did he have no business being there, but he interjected himself in that scrum when that just never happens. 

Either way, it's over for and he will rightfully be banned from being there the rest of the season and possibly longer. 

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bad take, losing credibility as you go. Maybe stop?