Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just wish we could play one of these good teams in normal weather. KC was sloppy, Buffalo real sloppy, now this? Pretty annoying.

With Purdy's baby like hands, wet balls do him no favors. We've been tested in wet sloppy conditions this year, hell this will be 3 straight weeks. Hopefully our players are prepared for the ball security needed to win.

How many rain games has SF had this year?

We can't afford to start slow vs the 49ers. Like Dallas they/Purdy plays better with the lead. Playing from behind like Dak, not so much. 

Figure your first 1/2 offense /play calling out early Brian. Don't wait until the 3rd QT to adapt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Goedert being listed as doubtful isn’t surprising, but Cox being questionable without practicing all week is interesting.

Ya not sure why they listed Cox as Questionable.... no shot he is playing without being on the practice field once this week. Would have loved to see Goedert play but had a feeling he wasn't gunna get the green light.

17 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya not sure why they listed Cox as Questionable.... no shot he is playing without being on the practice field once this week. Would have loved to see Goedert play but had a feeling he wasn't gunna get the green light.

Why would Cox need to be practicing if he was ultimately cleared by the medical staff to play Sunday morning? Of all the players that doesn't need practice it's Fletcher (walk thru/mental reps/meetings) would suffice. 

That said, I do think getting him and Goedet that extra weeks worth of rest is more important vs Dallas (NFCE) then SF. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Why would Cox need to be practicing if he was ultimately cleared by the medical staff to play Sunday mornibg? Of all the players that doesn't need practice it's Fletcher (walk thru/mental reps) would suffice. 

That said, I do think getting him and Goedet that extra weeks worth of rest is more important vs Dallas (NFCE) then SF. 

If he isn't healthy enough to practice on a Friday at all I can't see how is he going to be healthy enough to play on a Sunday. Has nothing to do with needing reps and everything to do with where he is at health wise. Maybe it happens, but it would be extremely surprising.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If he isn't healthy enough to practice on a Friday at all I can't see how is he going to be healthy enough to play on a Sunday. Has nothing to do with needing reps and everything to do with where he is at health wise. Maybe it happens, but it would be extremely surprising.

2 extra days rest is a lot. Lane was healthy last Friday, wasn't Sunday morning vs the Bills. Things changed. 

If this was a do or die elimation type gane, Playoff game I don't think Cox not practicing all week would stop him frim playing "if cleared" that Sunday, that's all.

Now neither the SF/Dal game is that scenario so there's no reason to risk further injury, nor play. That I agree.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

2 extra days rest is a lot. Lane was healthy last Friday, wasn't Sunday morning vs the Bills. Things changed. 

If this was a do or die elimation type gane, Playoff game I don't think Cox not practicing all week would stop him frim playing "if cleared" that Sunday, that's all.

Now neither the SF/Dal game is that scenario so there's no reason to risk further injury, nor play. That I agree.

Sure if it was a playoff game I am sure he would push to play and he probably would even go. I guarantee Goedert could play in the same scenario. That has nothing to do with this week though. Cox will almost certainly not be playing.