Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

Date: 12/3/23

EST 4:25

Download wallpapers Lincoln Financial Field, football stadium ...

49ers

The History and Evolution of the San Francisco 49ers Logo

@

Philadelphia

Philadelphia Eagles Logo Vector at Vectorified.com | Collection of ...

Well, here we are yet again. Game 6 really of the Gauntlet of 8. In coming off a Mini-bye and well rested is the highly motivated SF 49ers. Games been circled on their calendar since the schedule was released. Top two powerhouses of the NFC collide this Sunday at the Linc!

Keys to the Game

49ers

Offensively this will be probably our biggest test defensively we faced all season. Which is saying something having already faced the Dolphins, Cowboys, Chiefs and Bills! They have talent everywhere. Mismatch nightmares everywhere. Deebo, CMC and Kittle can win 1v1 matchups on virtually any play. Given the way our defense has been giving up yards and 3rd down conversions all season is concerning! Desai will need to have a game plan limiting that attack. Pressuring and sacking Purdy is a must! Give him all day to throw, he will pick us apart!

Defensively not much better. Thier front 7 might be the best in the NFL Hell, it is!!! If Lane Johnson is out, I believe Bosa will eat Driscoll alive. If we need to dbl Bosa with TE/RB help chipping that only opens it up for the rest 1v1. Hargrave is coming back home, Young hates the Eagles from his days with WTF both highly motivated. If we cannot protect Jalen, we will lose!! If they create multiple TO's, we will lose. 

Eagles

Offensively we need to protect Hurts. Oline specifically Jack Driscoll if Starting will need to hold his own vs Bosa. If Lane is playing, we can run our entire offense, leave him on a Island. Driscoll not so much which limits what we can do look at Buffalo 1st 1/2. 

We need to establish the RUN! Keep incorporating these recent motions and misdirection type plays we've seen the past few weeks with Swift. While Goedert will absolutely be missed, we need to get AJ involved early. Take our shots when there. Run hurts when needed. In other words, keep the 49ers from pinning their ears back full tilt rushing the passer.

Defensively it's a GD conundrum? We generate an absurd amount of Pressure on QB but because we are NOT getting home give up obscene amount of back breaking 3rd down conversions! Many of those (14) Leading to TD on that play making it infinitely worse.

Obviously LIMITING CMC (can't stop) is a Must! We cannot let him run wild freeing up Deebo to abuse our LB/S. If they do, we lose. If we somehow play 4 QTs of competent, not great competent defense, we should Win! 

The Eagles despite their 10-1 record have YET to play a Complete game in all 3 Phases! If we remotely come close to achieving that, I will take my chances on a Eagles Win occurring!

WKG Jerome Brown throwback ✔️ 

Pete's Gray Shirt ✔️ 

Nabbs GDT creator ✔️ 

It's Sciience  😎 

GO!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

After this game against a well rested 49ers team, we get to travel to Dallas (who will be at home for the 3rd week in a row) , and then travel 2100 miles from Dallas to Seattle. Luckily, Seattle will be coming off 2 road games against Dallas and SF, so they might be as beat up as we are.

Would be nice if Seattle could do us a solid this week and beat Dallas.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Line is up to Eagles +2.5. Sheesh. Vegas does not believe. 

It kind of makes sense. They are well rested and have some dominating wins. We are tired, beat up, potentially missing our best OL, and we still haven't put 4 quarters of football together. And the 49ers have an emergency QB.

Tired DL trying to stop Caff after letting Pacheco look like Deuce McAllister crossed with Jonathan Stewart.

I will say AJ Brown is officially due for another big game. BJ got to find a way to get him open.

Edited by Jeezla

Need to see our health but I like our matchup vs the Niners if we are healthy. Think we are kind of just a better version of them in a lot of ways. We haven't had a complete game since the Dolphins game so we are due for one at some point. At home vs the Niners seems like a perfect time to do it.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Looking forward to seeing this on a jet this week

Hey Kilty, maybe you can explain something to me. The RG here who got beat. I saw him doing that thing with his hands just before the ball was snapped all game long. How is that not a false start???