FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA

Ozzy

Not a huge fan of the name but who gives a ****!  Bad to the bone film potentially, love that they have finally got back into the Mad Max world and this will easily be one of the most anticipated films in years.  Total crap coming out of Hollywood for awhile now, not this one and Anya Taylor Joys is the ****.  Was great in The Witch and awesome in Morgan sure she will rock in this.

Super excited just wish it was not a May release and was Christmas...

Disney should take notes, this is what a successful origin story should look like....there is a reason over 5 million have watched this in less than 24 hours.  

Edited by Ozzy

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm excited for the movie, but that's an awful trailer.

Mad Max: Fury Road had a budget of what $185 million, Furiosa has a budget of what $230 million but with inflation it is most likely much less than Fury Road's budget technically.  

It will no way beat the absolute spectacle that is Mad Max: Fury Road one of the most visually creative films ever made hands down.  So of course compared to that as a trailer no way they can have visuals that rank with that movie...  I can see Furiosa as a film being a little more tame and on a smaller scale than Fury Road.  

Mad Max: Fury Road was released what freaking 8 years ago!  By the time this one releases it will be what 9....  That is a crazy amount of time and it is just sad one had to wait that long, and since George Miller is involved in Furiosa and the creation, he will bring it so I am not worried.  At least that guy has ideas and is original and unique.  Sure a lot of his films are similar to ones before but at least he has new things, characters, creations, vehicles, visuals and actually makes action packed Sci Fi movies that are not just another mother fing Star Wars origin story over and over and over again....

Still for what is coming out of Hollywood now a days, this is by far to me the most exciting thing to go see for quite some time.  There is just not much worth even watching that is made and so few even have an original idea or thought of any kind.  So yeah I will go with George Miller and see what he does with that awesome idea of Mad Max: Fury Road which takes the original Mad Max films and improved it greatly with the tools today.  Yet still that movie rocked because those vehicles were actually real in a ton of shots and were not always just some digital freaking edit...  

Chris Hemsworth was the wrong choice.

He doesn’t belong in the universe. Dude’s tongue-in-cheeking the whole role.

It’s so wrong for this world it’s tantamount to casting Danny DeVito as Wolverine.

I also never understood the appeal to ATJ. She’s basic.

This is going to be a hell of a ride, but it’s not going to be as good as it would have been had the casting been on point.

I hope it does well. So few balls to the wall movies with this kind of budget. I will not speak ill of it behind what I’ve already said. I want this to completely destroy the box office. I want and need more movies like this.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MacReady said:

Chris Hemsworth was the wrong choice.

He doesn’t belong in the universe. Dude’s tongue-in-cheeking the whole role.

It’s so wrong for this world it’s tantamount to casting Danny DeVito as Wolverine.

I also never understood the appeal to ATJ. She’s basic.

This is going to be a hell of a ride, but it’s not going to be as good as it would have been had the casting been on point.

I hope it does well. So few balls to the wall movies with this kind of budget. I will not speak ill of it behind what I’ve already said. I want this to completely destroy the box office. I want and need more movies like this.

Never understood the appeal of Anya?  Well for one her ummmm face, it holds the screen extremely well with just her sitting there, top 10 best actress face on earth right now, super rare look and gorgeous.  So yeah it is her face in general, size of the eyes and lips/chin line in relation to her nose.  She is a little weird and off and plays that role well, that was good casting and who exactly would have been better in that role?  An old Charlize Theron?  She has a better film track record of quality than Hemsworth I feel.  

As for Hemsworth, he is what in the film I assume as a motivator and helping to Anya's character?  Sure is technically a villain but my guess is "Immortan Joe" (I thought it was Immortal) beats him and then Hemsworth is on Anya's characters side at the end since she proved her worth and toughness to him...  So he has to be nice and funny my guess is at some point.   Also have to have a cast that the opposite sex will not mind especially since this is such a guy film.  Sure he is corny and one liners at times but sadly that is what most people want to stay entertained, to get a few jokes in which is pretty pathetic sure.  

No way it is better than Fury Road it just will not happen, but my guess is hopefully they left a lot out of the trailer and want more of a surprise to see what visually the film is like.  I cannot imagine they skipped tons of corners and cheaped out on it.  

It is a obvious dude film but so few are even interesting or worth seeing.  Sci Fi is dead really outside of this film recently, nice to see new twists on it and interesting ideas.  All that comes out are crappy Star Wars films and the non stop Super Hero films.....nice to get a change of pace from that.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

ATJ will be fine. That casting I’m not worried about.

i did not like hemsworth in that brief trailer though…

When has Hemsworth been good in anything.  Outside of all those Super Hero films which are usually just ehhh, he was pretty solid Bad Times at the El Royal which might have been his best performance of his career but he is not in the movie super long, was a villain in that and held his own, I still doubt he is a true villain in this one but I think they will use him creatively.  He was also decent in Snow White and the Huntsman but clearly that is not the role he has in this one.  

Will be interesting how this visually looks and if they have as big of chase scenes as Fury Road.  Obviously will be a few races in this one...

It is just so bad to the bone, have these crazy creative vehicles created and go after each other in the clear desert sand then all these Post Apocalyptic guys trying to kill each other hanging off and jumping from one vehicle to another!  You can literally do anything you want and make any wardrobe you want creatively, just make it bad to the bone.  Gritty, dirty, loud, in your face it is freaking awesome.  Even the original ones were great, I loved Mad Max 2 and Beyond Thunder Dome was freaking sweet!  And he was wise to stop the green visuals like in Beyond Thunder Dome in that second half and just stick with the dirty and the desert with Fury Road.  

They have a little green I am sure when Furiosa gets taken as a child as seen in the trailer, but still it is all about the dirty, desert and the oil/gasoline/bullets!  😁  Oh and the War Boys of course!  haha

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

So save her mom and the green place? But we know she fails

That's every prequel ever made.

If there was ever a prequel where things were all wrapped up and complete at the end, that would not be a prequel. 

Prequels are the dumbest decision imaginable for any franchise in the history of franchises.

• 2 weeks later...

This latest trailer, well that sure does look like a crap ton of CGI.  Sure Fury Road had CGI but also had real life vehicles at times and one could tell that on screen easily.  Will be curious what this one looks like and if they put forth as much effort or not.  With inflation I would assume not. 

Either way Furiosa is easily still the only film I kind of want to go see in person that is out there currently.  Even Dune 2, honestly that first Dune was so so and the original had a way better played villain!   

Chris Hemsworth does look like he will be an interesting character in this no question, decent change of pace and I think he should do well.