War's offseason thoughts

warfelg

9 hours ago, rlon said:

My dream is really Mims, Van Pran, and Sweat 1,2 and 3. 

I think Kingsley Suamataia might be a better fit than Mims, personally.
I also think P.Paul OT from Houston is quite good. Mims has special size,
but it worries how little he's actually played.

A lot of speculation that the Vikings will move on ftom Cousins this offseason.

He may not be great, but he gets alot of undue hate, and for the right price, Id take a shot on him.    Push Kenny and give us a stop gap.

Cant force Pickett and Trubisky on a new OC.   Youre setting them up for failure.   There needs to be a change at QB, even if its just someone to push Kenny.   The Trubisky deal was awful, and it doesn't save us much to cut him...but we cant sit on our hands at QB.   

i hate to say it because it's not his fault, but Kenny always getting hurt is a negative on top of the terrible play. I don't see the upside in going into next year with him as the undoubted QB1. thank God Colbert is gone. I can see khan/Andy going elsewhere since they didn't draft him. if Andy and his scouts are blown away by a QB during the pre draft phase, I think khan will bite. The position is too important to just settle. it's not 1995

5 hours ago, 43M said:

A lot of speculation that the Vikings will move on ftom Cousins this offseason.

He may not be great, but he gets alot of undue hate, and for the right price, Id take a shot on him.    Push Kenny and give us a stop gap.

Cant force Pickett and Trubisky on a new OC.   Youre setting them up for failure.   There needs to be a change at QB, even if its just someone to push Kenny.   The Trubisky deal was awful, and it doesn't save us much to cut him...but we cant sit on our hands at QB.   

I was never a fan of cousins but I see your point. I also agree about not forcing these 2 existing QB's on a new OC, that in itself might not yield many applications/resume's  either . Bring over JJ with Cousins , I might be able to tolerate that more than dionte and tomlin canada's QB's 

colbert really failed with the mitch deal - should have been 1 year with incentives and for a low price. Lazy colbert went for 2 years,  but look what Khan did instead of trading or cutting mitch. Not much better in this area IMO.

see how this remainder plays out.  For me this is about tomlin now.  He has to win based on the teams strengths vs these teams that aren't the most difficult of the schedule.  Blaming mitch, canada, weather and all that won't hold up. If the team really fails and tomlin has a losing season,  the media better call him out on this.  He's the HC and allowed all this, and if he who has never had a losing season can't even get to his standard of just over .500, then HE has to go next asasp.  

I'b prefer them trade tomlin to panthers for a few RD1 picks. Their owner might fall for the HOF coach hype that tomlin gets and it's worth a try. Trade dionte to them as well to help out the young QB 

58 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

colbert really failed with the mitch deal - should have been 1 year with incentives and for a low price. Lazy colbert went for 2 years

Some are going to not believe I’m doing this ->

Colbert didn’t fail on the Mitch deal.  He failed in having a plan in place after Ben’s injury ended 2019 season, then panic drafting a QB in 2022 on his way out the door.  He should have done the Mitch deal, kept Mason, and do a late round QB, built the line, and if the team was naturally bad, let it be naturally bad.  Instead you draft a QB who’s no the heir apparent, and give the fans a bone to bite on in bad QB play, and basically force your coaches hand in doing something different.

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Some are going to not believe I’m doing this ->

Colbert didn’t fail on the Mitch deal.  He failed in having a plan in place after Ben’s injury ended 2019 season, then panic drafting a QB in 2022 on his way out the door.  He should have done the Mitch deal, kept Mason, and do a late round QB, built the line, and if the team was naturally bad, let it be naturally bad.  Instead you draft a QB who’s no the heir apparent, and give the fans a bone to bite on in bad QB play, and basically force your coaches hand in doing something different.

no mitch deal .  Until mitch wins a few games here, is is not a QB2 here.  I don't care if he was a pro bowler or has draft status, means nothing. Minshew was a better option, I think Mason is a better option of all things mainly because mitch will get TO's.  

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

no mitch deal .  Until mitch wins a few games here, is is not a QB2 here.  I don't care if he was a pro bowler or has draft status, means nothing. Minshew was a better option, I think Mason is a better option of all things mainly because mitch will get TO's.  

That's a silly line to use for backup QB.  And frankly who cares.  When you have your backup in you just don't want them to lose you games, they don't need you to win games.

Minshew would have required a trade from Philly.

Mason is likely out of the NFL if Khan didn't keep him around.  

3 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I'm not gonna lie, I love that offseason. Especially Tee Higgins and trading for Budda Baker.

Honestly those are two moves I'm really keying in on.  I think yesterday showed Arizona their WR core needs an overhaul and not a QB.  I could see them getting MHJr in the draft and making a move for a WR2.

And I'm just super high on Tee Higgins.  I think he's be a huge upgrade to DJ, and comes from a 1a/1b system already.  We have the money to make it very interesting.  I got a feeling that money and desire to win is what would entice him.  

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

That's a silly line to use for backup QB.  And frankly who cares.  When you have your backup in you just don't want them to lose you games, they don't need you to win games.

steelers approach 

also, Dobbs could have been kept instead of the mitch signing. colbert wasn't sure about in house players but would grossly overpay a player based on draft status and fake pro bowl status. 

Trade for Minshew would have been better as well,  he might make the playoffs and many said the Colts were going to be possibly the worst team.

53 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And I'm just super high on Tee Higgins.  I think he's be a huge upgrade to DJ, and comes from a 1a/1b system already.  We have the money to make it very interesting.  I got a feeling that money and desire to win is what would entice him.  

GP and TH would be formidable. Also, help the rivalry and that is always good.  dj needs to go, simple as that