Week 13 Thoughts/GDT

Mid Iowa

I’m all aboard the tank for Jayden Daniels train. Carr, Winston , and Hill clearly aren’t the answer. Obviously Carmichael has to go as well.

Must say these late game losses are much easier to stomach knowing that we are potentially one step closer to drafting a franchise QB, potentially firing Allen/Carmichael, and I believe today was the 3rd time Carr has gotten hurt this season being forced to leave the game. This could be a very quick 1 year experiment🤞 

I've been thinking about this whole Carr debacle. Yeah, we owe him $100mil guaranteed. I'm 100% positive he'll be back with the Saints next season at least. Even if that's the case, and if we draft a potential future franchise QB who sits under Carr for a season or 2, and then takes over on a Rookie salary for 4-5 years, we'd be close to the same money ($25mil x 4 years) as if we had to go out and find another QB in today's market. They're all getting $25 to $30mil.

And, I can only hope that we build a team with a different staff. DA isn't cutting it, and there are very few on the current coaching staff that are worth retaining.

We can get out of Carr's contract after next season with 0 dead money/actual cap savings which is perfect since if we draft a QB high this year then it'd be great to let them sit for a year with some spot action/after bye week starting.  Also not sure if we'll be in a position to get Jaylen Daniels at the moment as I think there will be 3 QBs taken before our pick, though I'd probably be happy with either Daniels or Penix Jr.  With Penix's injury history though he might fall towards the 2nd round, which if that does happen then trading up from our 2nd into the 1st round to get the extra year option on him would be a huge boon.

Also sorry for the loss today guys.  Past 2 weeks when I had the game on the Saints have been playing horrid, starting with Carr getting the pick 6 last week and then the firs 21 points this week.  I think I'll just have to stick with highlights for rest of the season, unless of course we want us to continue losing..

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Also sorry for the loss today guys.  Past 2 weeks when I had the game on the Saints have been playing horrid, starting with Carr getting the pick 6 last week and then the firs 21 points this week.  I think I'll just have to stick with highlights for rest of the season, unless of course we want us to continue losing..

We're in the same boat, dude. Since they're playing the NFC North, I'm seeing more games, and I'm not really happy about it, LOL! I've seen the last 3 games (attended the Vikings game) and I wish I wouldn't have.

Anyway, I think we're somewhat in rebuild mode, and a rebuild starts with the staff, not just players. We have a dramatic coaching issue, and no player is going to fix it.

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

We're in the same boat, dude. Since they're playing the NFC North, I'm seeing more games, and I'm not really happy about it, LOL! I've seen the last 3 games (attended the Vikings game) and I wish I wouldn't have.

Anyway, I think we're somewhat in rebuild mode, and a rebuild starts with the staff, not just players. We have a dramatic coaching issue, and no player is going to fix it.

Oh trust me, I'm 100% on the fire the coaches train.

• Like 1

After today’s loss we are in a pretty good position to land Jayden Daniels. A lot of time between now and the end of the season, but I think there’s a decent chance we will be in a position to land him. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye will likely be drafted before him. Some teams may have a higher grade on Pennix as well, so it’s not a given that Daniels is the 3rd QB off the board.

Similar to how Justin Fields was supposed to be the #2 overall pick going into the draft season then was taken as the 4th QB off the board a few years back. Daniels and Pennix are both intriguing prospects, but I do prefer Daniels and his Lamar Jackson type athleticism to make something out of nothing. Also like that he doesn’t have a significant list of injuries like Pennix.

• Like 1

Kids thought I'd lost my mind when they saw me cheering because the Lions scored lol. Need all the losses we can get if we have any chance of seeing Allen and the rest of these scrub coaches fired. We'll have to endure at least one more season of Carr though....

4 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Kids thought I'd lost my mind when they saw me cheering because the Lions scored lol. Need all the losses we can get if we have any chance of seeing Allen and the rest of these scrub coaches fired. We'll have to endure at least one more season of Carr though....

I’m hoping we draft a QB, so we hopefully we just have to deal with Carr as a backup/temporary starter until a rookie QB is ready to take over. We have an easy out on Carr’s contract at the end of next season, so hopefully the team uses it.

• 1 month later...

Carmichael has to go... period. Once that happens... we're instantly a better team. I do think DA should be gone to but I think he gets a pass due to a winning season. TBH, gut the coaching staff and start fresh.

On 1/9/2024 at 11:48 AM, jcvoodoo said:

Carmichael has to go... period. Once that happens... we're instantly a better team. I do think DA should be gone to but I think he gets a pass due to a winning season. TBH, gut the coaching staff and start fresh.

Wish officially granted!! Congrats!

• Like 1