2024 Draft Thread

tyler735

9 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

It`S Fuaga, love that pick. Put him at RT if Ramczyk is out and bring back Peat as the LT. If Ramczyk somehow gets healthy, either of them could move to LT or Fuaga maybe even start as our LG. Normally a huge BPA fan who would have been Turner for me, but Fuaga would be the 2nd best choice and is a clear need.

I'm perfectly content with this pick. He's versatile and it was a glaring need. I would like to just leave him at RT where he's most comfortable, but he's an upgrade to multiple spots on our OL.

Just now, JMG5 said:

I'm perfectly content with this pick. He's versatile and it was a glaring need. I would like to just leave him at RT where he's most comfortable, but he's an upgrade to multiple spots on our OL.

Even if Penning figures it out and start at LT and Ramczyk is healthy enough to play, Fuaga can easily move to OG and be a premiere player there till Ramzcyk gets hurt or has to actually call it quits.

• Like 1

Would be lying if I wasn’t a little bummed Bowers went 1 pick before us. Overall though given who was on the board Fuaga was a great pick and filled a huge need. I’ve seen his run blocking highlighted quite a bit in his scouting reports, but he also apparently didn’t give up a sack in college, so that doesn’t sound too bad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jcvoodoo said:

I wonder if the Saints will use some of there four 5th round pick to move up to the 3rd round. Any thoughts?

Will depend on who is available for sure, but would be very happy about it! Maybe even a trade up in the 2nd with one of the 5th rounder.

There are still a few good OTs left to look at in the 2nd, the DEs got picked apart a bit but there are still quite a few quality DTs left, including the guy from Illinois that some had projected as upwards of a top 15 pick along with Braden Fiske who is Saints type of guy with his impressive 9.88-9.97 RAS score depending on which chart you look at and also had good production.

I think for the 2nd round pick, I would love for them to get Fiske.

Posted (edited)

Some great talent on the board still. If Adonai Mitchell or Cooper Dejean slide a few more picks, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading up for them.

If we come away with any of these guys at pick 45 I’ll be happy:

Adonai Mitchell

Cooper Dejean

Payton Wilson

Jer’Zhan Newton

Ladd McConkey

Keon Coleman

Malachi Corley

Troy Franklin

Kingsley Suamataia

Braden Fiske

Jackson Powers-Johnson

Edgerrin Cooper

Junior Colson

Spencer Rattler

If we land one of the top 4 listed, I’d give us an A+ in the 2nd round.

I don’t think OL is all that urgent anymore with the drafting of Fuaga. I really think we bring Peat back after the draft which is the perfect bridge player to see if Penning can develop this year with a new OC/OL coach. If Penning develops Peat can slide inside to LG, if not Peat was solid at LT. Meaning we definitely should go BPA at pick 45.rvu

Edited by tyler735

Posted (edited)

If I had to guess who the pick will be, my guess would be Malachi Corley. I think the team is looking to add another pass catcher someone with a different play style than our current WR’s.

Malachi Corley would give us that physical type of WR that we no longer have with Michael Thomas no longer on the team. Corley is an explosive and absolutely violent runner with the ball in his hands. In some ways could be Kubiaks version of a Deebo type player for us.

Keon Coleman would also make sense to fill that physical WR type role. Could be a fun addition as well. Great hands and dominant on jump balls. Also solid after the catch.

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, jcvoodoo said:

San Fran might part ways with Deebo. If they do, would you think the Saints might make a play for him?

Deebo’s contract I think would make this nearly impossible. I do think Malachi Corley is likely today in the draft. Often compared to Deebo for being the best YAC receiver in college the last couple years.

Erick All is a player I’d really like to see us pursue tomorrow since we missed out on Brock Bowers. He’s coming off a knee injury, but looked like he was developing into the next good TE at Iowa this past season prior to getting hurt. Had 20+ yard catches in 5 straight games prior to getting hurt and looked like a very solid receiving threat. Could definitely be a day 3 steal for us at TE.

Also wouldn’t mind us looking at Johnny Wilson tomorrow as kind of a WR/TE hybrid player. Very similar athletic measurables to Darren Waller and has some legit skills catching the ball, just kind of viewed as a tweener in a really good WR class.

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

Interesting pick.  Would somewhat point to either trading Lattimore or preparing for an inevitable injury to one of our top 3 CBs.

I somehow had this feeling the whole time. You can never have enough corners, there are always trade rumours about Lattimore and he's only played a combined 17 games in the last two years... Would have liked to take an IOL, but McKinstry is one of the BPA here for me. Like it.

Value on the trade up seems to be fair also: 45, 168, and 190.

• Like 1