2024 Draft Thread

tyler735

3 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

I somehow had this feeling the whole time. You can never have enough corners, there are always trade rumours about Lattimore and he's only played a combined 17 games in the last two years... Would have liked to take an IOL, but McKinstry is one of the BPA here for me. Like it.

Value on the trade up seems to be fair also: 45, 168, and 190.

I think with Yiadem gone, they grabbed KoolAid to get extra insurance, but if he plays enough that they could trade Lattimore, then that just means it helps with potential future cap space problems while also bringing multiple picks to help bring in depth/talent elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I think with Yiadem gone, they grabbed KoolAid to get extra insurance, but if he plays enough that they could trade Lattimore, then that just means it helps with potential future cap space problems while also bringing multiple picks to help bring in depth/talent elsewhere.

Yeah totally right! I'll like this pick even more the longer I think about it. There were also few players who would otherwise have fitted there.

1 minute ago, whodatOL said:

Yeah totally right! I'll like this pick even more the longer I think about it. There were also few players who would otherwise have fitted there.

Outside of leaning even further in drafting OL, the team is more or less solid everywhere so it's just preparing for the future.  Yiadem is gone, Adebo is on the last year of his deal, not to mention Lattimore, Turner, and Adebo have all dealt with some minor injuries that have kept them out of a few games each the past few seasons.

KoolAid was probably just BPA at that point.

• Like 1

Strange pick given CB is our biggest position of strength at the moment, but can’t argue with getting one of the top CB’s in the draft at that spot. Makes me think Lattimore could be on the move soon. 

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

KoolAid was probably just BPA at that point.

Kool-Aid definitely was BPA, but to trade up to grab him makes me think more is going on here. With potentially another move on the horizon, otherwise I don’t understand trading up (even if the value was reasonable), without other motives.

I'm liking the draft, so far. I don't always like trading up, but we saw quite the run on CB's, so you guys get what you want, trade be damned. I really wish we could have gotten Cooper DeJean (stud) but I'll happily take Kool-Aide.

I would love to see us land Payton Wilson. Can’t believe he’s still on the board. I’d have no problem if we traded some future picks to get into the 3rd round and grab him. Easily one of the most talented defensive players in this draft, but has some injury history.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Kool-Aid definitely was BPA, but to trade up to grab him makes me think more is going on here. With potentially another move on the horizon, otherwise I don’t understand trading up (even if the value was reasonable), without other motives.

I think part of it is that Yiadem left so this is so that there are always 3 capable CBs available at all times.  If he plays well enough that Lattimore can be traded, that just means we can pay Adebo and get some additional picks for future

Can't be mad with them going BPA, especially at a premium position like CB.

If they can come out of Day 3 with another offensive lineman, a run stuffing DT, and maybe a WR then I'd be happy with the draft. At this point getting a stud pass rusher isn't going to happen, so I've got to be realistic with my expectations. 

4 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

Should the Saints look at trading into the 4th round for Ja'Tavion Sanders? Thoughts?

Would be a solid option, but I also really like Erick All at TE as well today. Both have the potential to be starters for us at that spot. Couple clips of what Erick All can do:

Posted (edited)

If we come away with 2-3 of these guys I’ll be thrilled with this draft:

Erick All (2nd most talented TE in the draft imo)

Ja’Tavion Sanders (3rd most talented TE in the draft imo)

Jaheim Bell (Dangerous TE with ball in his hands)

Johnny Wilson (Would be a fun hybrid WR/TE prospect athletically similar to Darren Waller)

Jaylen Wright (Best RB in the draft imo)

Dylan Laube (Best receiving RB in the draft)

Will Shipley (Great explosive option to pair with Miller/Kamara)

Bucky Irving (Change of pace receiving threat at RB)

Troy Franklin (Day 2 talent at WR with speed to be an explosive weapon)

Brenden Rice (Good size, hands, and fairly athletic. Son of Jerry Rice)

Devontez Walker (Explosive with good size)

Ainias Smith (Great YAC ability)

Jha’Quan Jackson (Big play threat)

Khristian Boyd (Small school sleeper at DT)

Jeremiah Trotter Jr (Day 2 talent that could develop into a solid starting LB for us)

Edefuan Ulofoshio (Productive and athletic LB for one of the top teams in the country)

Christian Jones (Played well at RT for one of the top teams in the nation the past couple years)

Spencer Rattler (Day 1 arm talent with some occasional questionable decision making, but had tough circumstances to play through)

Mohamed Kamara (Productive and athletic pass rusher but undersized)

Joe Milton (Freakish combo of size, athleticism, and arm strength. Lacks other skills to be a good NFL QB. Think he could convert to a TE like Logan Thomas did several years ago)

Edited by tyler735

Great pick by the Saints! Rattler is someone I’ve been advocating for quite a bit. Glad to see the Saints also liked him. Thought he had the talent to go day 2 and could be our QB of the future