MNF: Bengals @ Jaguars

SmittyBacall

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yep.  He's still around.

Can't really play QB.  But i guess that's inconsequential.

I knew that Beathard was not going to be with the niners long term when the constant compliment that people gave him was, "he's tough". 

Not great 

• Like 1

Just now, Duluther said:

Ballsy kick attempt. Would have been easy to punt it and make Jax's backup QB start his game near his own EZ.

Alternatively though, if you make the kick like that.  It's probably basically ballgame.  Doubt Beathard cobbles together any sort of drive that ends up in points.

• Like 1

2:28 left & only need a FG to tie, likely 75 yards max to win

I'm a proponent of mixing in the run in these situations, especially before the 2 minute warning. Add in Bethard at QB & Etienne is your RB and it becomes a no brainer. Think he should have at least 3 carries this drive 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I knew that Beathard was not going to be with the niners long term when the constant compliment that people gave him was, "he's tough". 

Not great 

Yeah, he had no pocket presence, anticipation, accuracy, pretty much anything. 

He had a good arm & could take a bunch of sacks and not be injured and that was it 

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, Forge said:

Not great 

He's tough.  He's great at holding a clipboard.  He's good on the whiteboard.  etc.  Yeah.

Honestly, if this is anything like as bad as it looked for Lawrence and they have to go to a backup to close out the season...

I'd rather they just roll the dice with the Canadian dude off the PS.  Nathan Rourke.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

He's tough.  He's great at holding a clipboard.  He's good on the whiteboard.  etc.  Yeah.

Honestly, if this is anything like as bad as it looked for Lawrence and they have to go to a backup to close out the season...

I'd rather they just roll the dice with the Canadian dude off the PS.  Nathan Rourke.

Preseason goat, nathan rourke. I don't care when the play happened, still one of the crazier throws I've seen. 

• Like 1