MNF: Bengals @ Jaguars

SmittyBacall

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let's not completely forget the Colts here. Shane Steichen has them playing pretty inspired football.

I like Steichen (I feel like I've been calling for him to get HC looks even as far back as his time with the Chargers, so I loved the hire) but not so much the Colts on paper.

But yeah, there's definitely a universe where they can win the division. Really, the whole division minus Tennessee has been far more competitive than anyone would've gave them credit for at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure if I completely truly trust any of them, however.

10 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Just a weird game from the D. They were top 5 in DVOA entering this week and then they absolutely lay an egg with the #1 seed on the line. 

I don't think the Defense is actually anywhere near that good in reality.

It's a weird unit.  They're capable of big games, but they're also capable of playing like absolute trash.  Very inconsistent.  Don't often get a real "average" performance out of them.  It's more like extremes that just happen to balance out somewhere in between.

I think part of it is that they have a small handful of "gamebreakers" and a lot of JAGs.

But it was one of the most decidedly poor performances out of the group.  Even the splash play Allen interception was more like..."wtf is the other team doing?" rather than some great play from the defense.