MNF: Bengals @ Jaguars

SmittyBacall

25 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Quite honestly though...without Trevor Lawrence, i'd expect the Jaguars to lose out the remainder and backpedal all the way out of a wildcard spot even.  I think he's that important.

Looked like a sprained ankle. Think they could be fine. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

“Sprained ankle”

Yeah, super serious. This is why you don’t assume for no reason lol. There was a reason why he didn’t go in on a cart for one thing. 

source? I know Pederson himself said in his presser there is no update yet.

I sincerely hope so, but he wouldn't even be close to the first player refusing the cart even with a serious injury, and he still required substantial help (it was reported he couldnt put any weight on it).

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I sincerely hope so, but he wouldn't even be close to the first player refusing the cart even with a serious injury, and he still required substantial help (it was reported he couldnt put any weight on it).

nevermind, i see the report now.

still, the MRI will be revealing. even if it is only a sprain, there are many degrees.

• Like 2

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I sincerely hope so, but he wouldn't even be close to the first player refusing the cart even with a serious injury, and he still required substantial help.

Eh, I’m walking it back a little without having anything official. But Adam Schefter did report the sprain at least. That much looked to be the case on the field. I don’t think there is a reason to assume it’s more than that. It could be more, but there isn’t much reason to just assume it’s serious. 

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

nevermind, i see the report now.

still, the MRI will be revealing. even if it is only a sprain, there are many degrees.

Yeah, even realistic "best case" if it's just a sprain...which does seem likely.  Certain types of sprains can be just as bad, or worse than a break.  Obviously a huge range of outcomes with what a "sprain" is from "ice it and feel better in a couple days to "over a month and still very off when returning".  🤷‍♀️

Especially for a QB.  Where being less than 100% on that ankle can completely knock footwork and throwing mechanics totally out of whack.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Looked like a sprained ankle. Think they could be fine. 

It's not game over quite yet, but it comes.es at the worst time possible. 

Lawrence missing any time or not being as effective is likely the difference between the 1 or 2 seed and fighting for the 7th. 

I mean, I'd rather have the 7th than no playoffs at all for sure, especially if Lawremce can make a healthy playoff run. But their margin of error shrank considerably when you consider a win tonight out them in the top seed.