MNF: Bengals @ Jaguars

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not game over quite yet, but it comes.es at the worst time possible. 

Lawrence missing any time or not being as effective is likely the difference between the 1 or 2 seed and fighting for the 7th. 

I mean, I'd rather have the 7th than no playoffs at all for sure, especially if Lawremce can make a healthy playoff run. But their margin of error shrank considerably when you consider a win tonight out them in the top seed. 

At this point, I think I’d rather see them play on the road. 

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah, even realistic "best case" if it's just a sprain...which does seem likely.  Certain types of sprains can be just as bad, or worse than a break.  Obviously a huge range of outcomes with what a "sprain" is from "ice it and feel better in a couple days to "over a month and still very off when returning".  🤷‍♀️

Especially for a QB.  Where being less than 100% on that ankle can completely knock footwork and throwing mechanics totally out of whack.

Wasn't it last year Patrick Mahomes didn't miss any time after suffering a sprained ankle later in the season?  Obviously, he's different and it wasn't 100% he had tons of tape while walking gingerly at times after plays etc...

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly the Texans probably win the AFCS now, but hard to imagine them not backpedaling into a wildcard anyway

Let's not completely forget the Colts here. Shane Steichen has them playing pretty inspired football.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Wasn't it last year Patrick Mahomes didn't miss any time after suffering a sprained ankle later in the season?  Obviously, he's different and it wasn't 100% he had tons of tape while walking gingerly at times after plays etc...

Yeah.  Idk.  Trying to stay optimistic since it's just such a wide-ranging thing.

Like a mild sprain might be fine next week.  A high ankle sprain might be months.  Anything in between.  If that's even what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Can't tell if this is the real Jake Browning or not.

But next week's game against the Colts is going to be huge now.

I'm desperately hoping this is the real Jake Browning - because the Bengals play each team the Texans need to lose.