Week 14 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think the Steelers are in trouble. People here are dang near depressed with this team..

(And since i can guarantee I'll get corrected on it, no I don't mean they are actually clinically depressed after the loss of a football game...)

Like someone else on Twitter said, they've paid back the Bears for the Chase Claypool trade because they've lost to both the Cardinals and Patriots this year. 

I'm not sure what their issue is since I'm not close to the situation, but weren't they starting Trubisky last night?  That could be one explanation.  They manage to continually stay in the hunt every year, however.  They're sort of going through the issues we've had for years...always competitive, but not seriously contending for the title because they need everything to go right for that to happen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Like someone else on Twitter said, they've paid back the Bears for the Chase Claypool trade because they've lost to both the Cardinals and Patriots this year. 

I'm not sure what their issue is since I'm not close to the situation, but weren't they starting Trubisky last night?  That could be one explanation.  They manage to continually stay in the hunt every year, however.  They're sort of going through the issues we've had for years...always competitive, but not seriously contending for the title because they need everything to go right for that to happen. 

Yeah. The Steelers had that in 2005. They weren't a crazy talented team, they just had every single thing work out for them (even after a 3 game losing streak, Ben getting hurt and Bettis nearly blowing the divisional round). In 2008 they were more talented but still got incredibly lucky.

Now its being good but not good enough. For their sake, missing the playoffs this year would be a great thing for them. It would allow them a better opportunity for a "competitive rebuild".

The Packers ruled out receiver Christian Watson (hamstring) for Monday Night Football. Watson exited Sunday’s win over the Chiefs with his injury and did not practice this week. 

Matt LaFleur: “Christian’s a big part of our offense, and he’s really hit his groove. He made so many great plays the last few weeks, but I feel good about the other guys. I think they’ve really developed and got a lot of guys we can move in different spots to help pick up for that loss.”

Watson has 28 catches for 422 yards with five touchdowns this season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-rule-out-christian-watson-list-aaron-jones-as-questionable