Week 14 Games

Leader

9 hours ago, Eternal said:

It's mainly because they typically have focused on defensive head coaches all these years, besides the short stints from Trestman and Nagy. They keep trying to go old school and focus on defense.

If you don't have a strong offensive coordinator to go with those defensive head coaches, you are going to struggle like the Bears have been for all these years.

Yes, that’s the biggest reason. And I can’t fault them at all for wanting a great defense.

But this is exactly why I’ve been saying for a number of years now the whole, “It’s tough to find a franchise QB” narrative is dumb. It’s not tough.

Hire the best interviewee for your team/area out of the offensive minded up and coming coaches. Take a QB with the physical ability and a social brain as well as football brain. Give them a redshirt year (or two if they need it).

If a QB busts, it’s because of their coach (Bears, Goff early in his career, Lawrence with Meyer), their social skills (Rosen/Wilson), or they’re rushed (Carr, Daniel Jones).

12 hours ago, MacReady said:

Why are people still acting like the Bears have picked 27 straight wrong quarterbacks? Why can’t they see it hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the Bears.

It’s not even possible to make that many bad decisions in a row at one position.

Like… FFS, Jay Cutler had 4,500 passing yards in his last year as a Bronco. 62% and 7.3 YPA. Never had over 3,812 yards as a Bear.

The Bears wreck quarterbacks so thoroughly they are incapable of rebounding or becoming anything other than backups.

If the Bears had drafted Mahomes, Mahomes would never have been the Mahomes we know.

It hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the franchise.

I think it's more that once a QB enters that black hole called Chicago, their career basically ends there as we saw with Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Matt Barkley, Trubisky, Nick Foles, and likely the same with fields.  I guess you could throw Andy Dalton in there too though I think he was already ruined before going to Chicago.  Only guy that left Chicago and ... Well somewhat had success elsewhere was Kyle Orton.

But I do agree it is the infrastructure between the coaches they hire and the guys brought in by George McCaskey and the front office that lead to Chicago being the black hole.  It'll be next man up after Eberflus is canned.

11 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bears are one of the best rushing offenses and Lions have lost Alim McNeill. Bears have a real chance to control the ball on the ground. Gonna be pretty cold and windy in Chicago tomorrow. 

Thing is the Lions can run the ball too with Gibbs and Montgomery now, they're not exclusively pass first like they were under Stafford.

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

ZERO faith in Fields, but if the Bears pull out the win, the division is in play for the Packers. 

Even with a win by Green Bay and a loss by Detroit, Detroit has a 2 game lead with a 5 game lead.  Not an insurmountable lead by any stretch, but it'd take a Lions-esque collapse.

Atlanta taking the division is better for GB due to tiebreaker purposes, but I just can't reliably trust Ridder(he stinks) to string wins together, so kind of hoping the Bucs take control of the South(while still losing to GB later in the year). Just would need Atlanta to keep losing so the h2h tiebreaker with them won't come into play

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even with a win by Green Bay and a loss by Detroit, Detroit has a 2 game lead with a 5 game lead.  Not an insurmountable lead by any stretch, but it'd take a Lions-esque collapse.

MN twice, Dallas and Denver. We win out and they lose three, we'd win tiebreakers I do believe. 

Never underestimate Jared Goff, Jared Goffing and the Lions doing what the Lions do. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

MN twice, Dallas and Denver. We win out and they lose three, we'd win tiebreakers I do believe. 

They could tie at 11-6, but Detroit would have the tiebreaker IF they beat Chicago and Minnesota twice.  Basically, those divisional games are going to decide the division.

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Never underestimate Jared Goff, Jared Goffing and the Lions doing what the Lions do. 

Lions defense was atrocious last year....got off to a solid start this season, but has looked terrible the last few weeks. If that trend continues the rest of the way, GB really does have a path to the division. Not great odds of course

Edited by deltarich87