Week 14: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The defense may have some shaly moments but let's be honest man, this team is just stupid good lol. The sloppy game was likely this one vs Seattle. We should win by 14+ next week. 

How high do you think it opens? SF -13.5? 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

QBs like Herbert and Allen are seen as wayyyy better talents than Purdy. However, I don't think our offense is any better with them. I'm also not sure the offense would be THIS efficient with those two and other elite talent QBs. 

Play by play consistency only gets respected years down the line like I stated earlier this week. 

I’m reminded of the Favre talk when he was young. Cannon, gunslinger, doesn’t make you best QB. Getting the ball in the hands of your weapons does. At least that’s my belief in a QB. Why I didn’t love Young when he wouldn’t stay in the pocket. And what I never have loved the running QBs. I think Purdy gets it in the right guys’ hands as much as anyone. At this point that’s as good as it gets for me. 

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

We may have reached the point where I'm no longer afraid of the Chiefs, tbh. 

I still think Reid just knows how to scheme against our defensive strengths. But my anxiety about stopping Mahomes and that offense isn't as high as it was to start this season. 

Sucks about the injuries but this where our depth has to hold it down until guys can return.

Hopefully Mooney can be back by the Ravens game.

But groins & hamstrings are tricky.

I'd sit Hargraves until he's completely healthy. 

He's too important to have him come back too early and re-aggravate it. 

Need both him & AA healthy for the playoffs.

You could definitely notice AA's absence today. 

22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I still think Reid just knows how to scheme against our defensive strengths. But my anxiety about stopping Mahomes and that offense isn't as high as it was to start this season. 

They just don't have the players on offense, I think

• Like 4

Even with the Eagles/Cowboys game in the balance this was a dynamite Sunday for the 49ers. 

- Over 500 yards of offense. Purdy with a career high 368 passing yards on only 27 attempts with 19 completions. All of the offensive stars shined. Purdy/CMC continue to make a statement for league MVP. 

- 49ers sweep the Squawks, and have now won 5 straight including the wild card game last postseason

- Lions lost to the Bears providing a bit more cushion for the 2nd seed if things start to sour down the stretch

- Ravens beat the Rams in a thriller. Two divisional rivals in the hunt for the playoffs might have just had their window closed. 

1599792455838-gif.15443493

Only thing that sucked is that Ward got banged up, but it doesn't look like too much of a setback. Guessing he misses the Cardinals game, and is hopefully back for the Ravens. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We may have reached the point where I'm no longer afraid of the Chiefs, tbh. 

Agreed. Hard to imagine Shanahan will have a better chance at winning a SB than this year. This is already the highest rated 49ers team in DVOA history as of now. The 1987 squad is below them. 

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Even with the Eagles/Cowboys game in the balance this was a dynamite Sunday for the 49ers. 

- Over 500 yards of offense. Purdy with a career high 368 passing yards on only 27 attempts with 19 completions. All of the offensive stars shined. Purdy/CMC continue to make a statement for league MVP. 

- 49ers sweep the Squawks, and have now won 5 straight including the wild card game last postseason

- Lions lost to the Bears providing a bit more cushion for the 2nd seed if things start to sour down the stretch

- Ravens beat the Rams in a thriller. Two divisional rivals in the hunt for the playoffs might have just had their window closed. 

1599792455838-gif.15443493

Only thing that sucked is that Ward got banged up, but it doesn't look like too much of a setback. Guessing he misses the Cardinals game, and is hopefully back for the Ravens. 

The Cardinals game will be difficult as well since Cards coming off a bye and mobile QB's give the Niners defense problems. Speaking of defense I was really annoyed by the big plays the Niners gave up today and thus allowing the Seahawks to stay in the game. Too many times the Niners can't get off the field when they should.

Just now, NFL Network said:

The Cardinals game will be difficult as well since Cards coming off a bye and mobile QB's give the Niners defense problems. Speaking of defense I was really annoyed by the big plays the Niners gave up today and thus allowing the Seahawks to stay in the game. Too many times the Niners can't get off the field when they should.

BTW, are you still moping about the 49ers not having a franchise QB these days??? :)

• Like 1

Any 49ers win or Rams loss for the rest of the season clinches the division. Seahawks, having been swept by both, cannot win it even in the event of a 3 way tie at 10-7(them and the Rams winning out and the 49ers losing out). Unfortunately, the Rams would win it in that scenario, since the Niners would have 2 division losses(to the Cards and Rams) while the Rams would only have 1(to the Niners)

Edited by jonnguy2015