Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

Running backs can produce right away, we can draft one next year as well - with a 3rd round comp pick.

I would rather solidify the trenches with that pick, as OL tends to take a little bit more time to develop.

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's only a 1-yr deal, I'd still draft a RB in either the 4th or 5th. 

Exactly. Jones is a nice pick up, and he’ll be a great veteran in the locker room. But he’s not a long term player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

Running backs can produce right away, we can draft one next year as well - with a 3rd round comp pick.

They certainly can, but the Vikings have already shown the tendency to draft guys with upside and basically red-shirting them a year.  That can continue.

As far as the OL, they have multiple picks in the 4th, 5th and now 7th (used to be 6th)...there's plenty of picks to address the OL. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

Running backs can produce right away

Disagree. Only 1 running back taken outside of round one this past year ran for more than 500 yards. 

And most running backs coming out have trouble with things like pass protection. 

Relying on a rookie RB, in O’Connell’s offense, isn’t going to likely work out too well. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Disagree. Only 1 running back taken outside of round one this past year ran for more than 500 yards. 

And most running backs coming out have trouble with things like pass protection. 

Relying on a rookie RB, in O’Connell’s offense, isn’t going to likely work out too well. 

Pass protection is why Chandler didn't see more time. If a RB can't pass protect, they're not going to see the field a lot. Especially this season, as we may be playing from behind a lot. 

• Like 2

Pick 4 Minnesota Vikings

J.J. McCarthy

Michigan · QB · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH ARIZONA CARDINALS

Now the fun really begins. After their recent trade with the Texans, it seems the Vikings are situated to aggressively move up to draft Kirk Cousins’ replacement. The Cardinals trade down, bypassing a chance to pick the first receiver off the board, but they address the position later in Round 1 (SEE: Pick No. 23).

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0

4. **TRADE** MINNESOTA VIKINGS: QB J.J. McCarthy, Michigan

Vikings receive Pick No. 4 and a 2025 fifth-round pick; Cardinals receive Pick Nos. 11, 23 and a 2025 third-round pick

The Vikings didn’t trade for the Texans' No. 23 overall pick just to hear Roger Goodell say their name twice on Day 1. They’re eyeing a trade-up for their quarterback of the future and can now give a team picking in the top five an enticing deal. I ultimately think that is with the Arizona Cardinals. In doing so, Minnesota pairs the budding McCarthy with Kevin O’Connell, and McCarthy is put in a comfortable situation to not start right away with Sam Darnold also in the mix.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-mock-draft-post-free-agency-minnesota-vikings-trade-up-jj-mccarthy

• Like 2

11. Minnesota Vikings

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

In this scenario, the Vikings could land their quarterback of the future anyway. With Kirk Cousins gone and Sam Darnold added on a one-year deal, it's clear they have to add competition. All sides point to that competition coming from a rookie. McCarthy is the No. 21 prospect on my Big Board, but I can see why some teams would covet him much higher. He has intriguing physical traits and can make every throw. Either way, if Minnesota really wants to try to move up in Round 1 for a quarterback, I could see it waiting until draft day to see how the board shakes out.

23. Minnesota Vikings (via HOU through CLE)

Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

We're back around to the Vikings, who acquired this pick in a deal with the Texans last week. I gave them a Kirk Cousins replacement at No. 11, and if they're keeping this selection, they have to address a secondary which ranked 28th in passing yards allowed to receivers (3,019) last season. I like the front-seven additions of Jonathan Greenard and Andrew Van Ginkel, but Minnesota hasn't made moves at cornerback.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39752638/2024-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-updated-quarterback-predictions-32-picks-williams-maye-daniels

Edited by swede700

And to complete the roundup of mocks this morning...with a consistent theme...

11. Minnesota Vikings

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

Whether it's at No. 11, or elsewhere via trade-up, Minnesota will be adding a new signal-caller. J.J. McCarthy's game doesn't have the flash and flare that some of his classmates do (mostly because of what was asked of him in the Michigan offense), but his accuracy and underrated velocity into varying windows present a floor for success.

23. Minnesota Vikings (via HOU/CLE)

Graham Barton, IOL, Duke

One of the most versatile linemen in the class, Graham Barton is still looked upon as one of the premier centers in the class despite three straight years of success at left tackle. The former Blue Devil plays with outstanding technique and can play with the best of them in space. He's the type of player you start and don't think twice about it for the next decade.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/03/17/nfl-mock-draft-2024-post-free-agency

• Like 4

Williams, Daniels, Maye and McCarthy are interchangeable Imo. 

Who do you guys prefer? I’m caring less at this point tbh. Idk what this regime wants to do or where their head’s at. Of this is a rebuilding year, then I wouldn’t even be mad if we forwent a QB and drafted Mitchell and Verse, or players like that to further strengthen the defense. Draft a QB next year. It would be nice to get one of the top four QBs but I’m opposed to trading #11, #23, and a 2025 1st round draft pick. 

I surely don’t want Nix. Penix could be really good though. If it cost far too much to trade into the top 4, then get Quinyon Mitchell and Jared Verse.  I’ll still be happy. 

That’s so far from who I used to be but I’ve given up on this team finding the guy tbh lol