Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Playing the best run offense after this performance is not encouraging at all lol. Next week really may end up being a shoutout. Still curious to see how we attack that defense. 

Ravens defense leads the league in sacks and I don't have any confidence of the Niners defense stopping the Ravens and thus I'm anticipating a loss. Hopefully the Hawks take down the Eagles on MNF and a loss to Ravens can't knock them out of the #1 seed.

If it becomes a drop back game for Purdy then it might not just be a loss but Brock getting injured b/c the Niners pass blocking will be exposed.

28 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol of course bc Dak is out. If we win that it'll be CMC talk as the clear fav 

Nah, Purdy will still be the favorite. He's a pretty decent sized favorite at the moment.

The Ravens game is going to be a very physical encounter. Will be a great game where Purdy will need to make big plays in the 4th quarter to either win or seal the game. 

Remember when we were up 28-13 after the first drive of the 2nd half? I pointed out we had 20 passes to 10 runs. What did we end up with? 28 passes to 26 runs.

Purdy threw a grand total of FIVE passes after the opening drive of the 2nd half. Insane, and a weak argument against his MVP campaign since the team always has a double digit point lead in the 4th quarter and we become a run heavy team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

Ravens defense leads the league in sacks and I don't have any confidence of the Niners defense stopping the Ravens and thus I'm anticipating a loss. Hopefully the Hawks take down the Eagles on MNF and a loss to Ravens can't knock them out of the #1 seed.

If it becomes a drop back game for Purdy then it might not just be a loss but Brock getting injured b/c the Niners pass blocking will be exposed.

I mean sure, it is possible their defense owns our OL and pass offense. I suspect we will do just fine and get our fair share of big plays like we always do. It's going to be a great test and battle for sure. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

That's at least the 3rd back shoulder TD this season. Week 1 Aiyuk vs Steelers, Week 3 Deebo vs Giants, today Deebo vs Cards

Feel like this hasn't been a part of our game for the last 20 years at least lol

The Juan Jennings one against the Giants as well

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, it is possible their defense owns our OL and pass offense. I suspect we will do just fine and get our fair share of big plays like we always do. It's going to be a great test and battle for sure. 

It will be difficult to run the ball against the Ravens and also difficult to get RAC yards on their defense and I don't trust the offensive line to protect for the big deep plays the Niners like to try. 

On defense I have very little confidence defending Lamar or covering his many pass catchers. I don't even know if the Niners can stop the Ravens traditional handoff runs to their backs. 

Hopefully Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley is still injured as he left tonight's game and then the pass rush can get to Lamar but just getting to Lamar might not be good enough b/c he's hard to wrap up & bring down.

Overall the Ravens are one of the big 3 from the AFC who could give the Niners problems in the SB if they get that far e.g. Ravens, Chiefs & Bills. It's those 3 run first QB's that present the problems. 

30 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

It will be difficult to run the ball against the Ravens and also difficult to get RAC yards on their defense and I don't trust the offensive line to protect for the big deep plays the Niners like to try. 

On defense I have very little confidence defending Lamar or covering his many pass catchers. I don't even know if the Niners can stop the Ravens traditional handoff runs to their backs. 

Hopefully Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley is still injured as he left tonight's game and then the pass rush can get to Lamar but just getting to Lamar might not be good enough b/c he's hard to wrap up & bring down.

Overall the Ravens are one of the big 3 from the AFC who could give the Niners problems in the SB if they get that far e.g. Ravens, Chiefs & Bills. It's those 3 run first QB's that present the problems. 

Sure, all possible. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, Purdy will still be the favorite. He's a pretty decent sized favorite at the moment.

The Ravens game is going to be a very physical encounter. Will be a great game where Purdy will need to make big plays in the 4th quarter to either win or seal the game. 

Unless they blow dem fools out.