The Good, The Bad the LMAO CHARGERS

RaidersAreOne

Oh wow, that was fun........................man I love the Chargers, they're like a pick me up when you're feeling down, no matter how bad it gets here, we're not The Chargers guys 😂

The Good

Great confidence boost for Aiden O'Connell, the kid played well and didn't look like he was seeing ghosts after the first Chargers game. Wasn't afraid to sling it deep and looks like a workable backup at least. 

Oline was good all game, liked the lineup inside of Meredith - Parham - Van Roten and Parham could be the OC moving forward I feel. Munford had a great game against Mack too and Eluemunor was barely heard from which is a great sign. Eluemunor and Munford seem to be valuable pieces moving forward due to their versatility. Credit to the players and coaches.

Spreading the ball around, playcalling was good and varied and we weren't predictable I felt, good job Bo Hardegree. 

Koonce was excellent, I'd like to say I was the one to spot him and say he should be getting more snaps but pretty much half the forum knew he'd grow and affect the pass rush if he was simply given a chance, he had a great game and is a genuine rotational pass rush option.

John Jenkins, who doesn't love a big man rumbling down the field for a 50 yard TD, had a good game all round even outside that score aswell. I have to hold my hands up on Tillery too as I've been very harsh on him but the last few games he's playing at a solid level, good for him! 

Turnovers and the D rushing to the ball, we looked hungry, aggressive and mean. We must acknowledge that the Chargers were an embarrassment but we still had to beat them and plenty of times in the past we've made nobodies look like prime Joe Montana so we made a terrible team look terrible, credit.

Abdullah I really like, not just for the fact he tried to Kung Fu a guy in the head last year but he's a good receiver out of the backfield, decent blocker and has a bit of agility when running the ball. White looks tough and string but he has little vision it seems.

Kicking game as ever was on point.

Even when we're 63 points up, Pierson is still chewing out Wilson for a poor play, that's the attitude we need. 

Jacoby Meyers is our second best QB on roster.

The Bad

Amik Robertson, a bad taunting foul and then a completely blown coverage. I like the player but he's a CB#4 type guy who can play in a pinch, will usually make something happen but will always have a brain fart or two, good squad guy but not a starter.

Tyree Wilson, he just looks so slow out there and mundane. I really hope he's not fully fit in a way after his foot issue because if he is he has bust written all over him. I know it's early but he should be flashing something by now if he's fit. Rushing inside gave him a bit more joy but he's simply a non factor most of the time.

Not breaking the NFL record in points, I know it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things and possibly nit picking but we had a chance to really break these guys mentally. I would have liked us to go Captain Insano and show no mercy!  

The Ugly

Watching the Chargers players on the sidelines with coaches looking at tablets when they're 50 odd points down............It's not a table you need boys, it's a mirror 😁

The Chargers might now try and get a real coach.

The gameday thread, I get people want a higher draft slot but rooting for your own team to lose is just sad.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Great job by the coaching staff to keep the team motivated, Bo's play calling also looks infinitely better with him up in booth. 

while the play calling definitely did look better, i question if it was moving to the booth or F it, gotta start putting clips together for interviews on my next job. 
show your entire hand type of thing. 

100% looked better, but im still p offed about the 0 after a bye week. 
moving to the booth and dropping 63 in a meaningless game doesnt impress me much unfortunately.. if we win out and sneak in the playoffs sure it will but as of right now no.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hard to judge given the listlessness of the Chargers, but Parham looked great at C. Hopefully he can make James expendable this offseason.

with us now at 3 wins... do you see why saying MAX 3 wins was misguided... we may end up at 3 wins with AP.. but in no way was that our max. 
in the nfl, anything can happen... 

What a game for the young players Thursday

Thayer Mumford looked amazing at LT. Stone walled Mack several times

Tre Tucker was the most hated draft pick. However, he has so much potential 

Koonce best career game. Destroyed a pro bowl LT. We are in good shape on the DL. Koonce is in his 3rd year breakout

Wilson showed more promise at DT again. He is still Raw but once he has more development he will be a force. 

Michael Mayer is one of the best blocking TE in the NFL already. I gotta give JMD credit for lining Crosby up against him in TC. He has became a better blocker 

AOC looked like a different QB vs Chargers. Full command of offense. Made correct decision nearly every play. Arm Strength accuracy and touch all great. Can’t ask for a better game from a 4th round rookie

Defense is starting to mimic Maxx Crosby 

Good breakdowns from Baldinger

https://x.com/BaldyNFL/status/1735687499589022070?s=20

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The carry over next week against KC will be crucial for AP.

This game was for nothing if KC blows them out again.

My thoughts exactly. Don’t get me wrong, it was a really fun game to watch, but next week is going to be the proof in the pudding. If they show up and get at KC I think we may be staying put with the staff for better or worse. 

• Like 1

Honestly I got very little joy from watching that game. Seeing Koonce dominate a supposedly elite LT was great, but the Chargers were beyond depleted and the rest definitely quit. Anybody could have beat them last night.

Worse than that is the phony confidence the team will have going into KC. Losing draft position and and using the score as a reason to keep AP even if they lose out. Good to see guys like Jenkins out there having fun tho.

• Like 1

Forgot to add my boy Michael Mayer in there too!

AP made a great point about his first block on Mack and setting the tone for the game given Mack wrecked the previous game. Had one bad miss on Mack but otherwise blocked really well. Also caught a few nice passes and made a few yards after catch which turned coming up short into 1st downs, he’s definitely a hard guy to stop with ball in hand. 

Something I noticed too was how good our WRs are at blocking on plays like the Bolden TD, good sign of effort and application, Jakobi in particular is not scared to put his hat in there.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3