GDT: Folesylvania Eagles (11-2) @ New York Geno Smith's (2-11)

Blahstoise

12 minutes ago, Phire said:

Ertz won't go anywhere, maybe a restructure, he seems to be a team first kind of guy. Plus his wife probably makes more $$$ than he does so he best not be greedy.

*****Gets on soapbox****

Restructures aren't paycuts. Restructures are good for the player and bad for future cap

*****Gets off soapbox****

Also, im pretty sure he restructured before this season.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

*****Gets on soapbox****

Restructures aren't paycuts. Restructures are good for the player and bad for future cap

*****Gets off soapbox****

Also, im pretty sure he restructured before this season.

Players have taken straight up pay cuts before. It's obviously not likely, and maybe "restructure" is the wrong technical word for it. IIRC Trent Cole and Victor Cruz at some point had their salaries reduced. 

9 minutes ago, Phire said:

Players have taken straight up pay cuts before. It's obviously not likely, and maybe "restructure" is the wrong technical word for it. IIRC Trent Cole and Victor Cruz at some point had their salaries reduced. 

Yes, that is a different story than restructuring, but i highly doubt Ertz is taking a pay cut after a pro bowl year. 

According to 'Head Coach Ranking,' Doug Pederson is rated third in the NFL, behind Bill Belichick and Sean Payton.

Here is how they ranked Pederson (on a 1-10 scale) in each of the five key areas:

1. Play calling: 7.4
  2. Personnel: 8.1
  3. Game plan: 8.2
  4. In-game adjustments: 7.5
  5. Clock management: 8.0

The low grade (comparatively speaking) on Pederson's play calling may be attributable to his aggressive style. As noted above, 'Head Coaching Ranking' does not see any scenario worth going for two until the final five minutes of a game. It stands to reason they probably disagree with many of Pederson's fourth-down decisions, even though they've been very effective.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/doug-pederson-ranked-third-new-head-coach-rating/

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

25 minutes ago, Phire said:

Burton deserves to look for a starting opportunity elsewhere IMO he's a baller.
I'm not saying he'll get a starting job but he's never going to unseat Ertz here, somewhere else he may have a better chance.

I agree 100%. When Ertz was ruled out for the Rams game, i immediately went and added Burton in his place on my fantasy roster - he put up 19 points. He always seems to ball out when given the opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Burton deserves to look for a starting opportunity elsewhere IMO he's a baller.
I'm not saying he'll get a starting job but he's never going to unseat Ertz here, somewhere else he may have a better chance.

It's a very similar situation when the 49ers had Vernon Davis and Dalanie Walker. You know Walker wasn't coming back because he was just too good to be a backup but not good enough to unseat the guy starting. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's a very similar situation when the 49ers had Vernon Davis and Dalanie Walker. You know Walker wasn't coming back because he was just too good to be a backup but not good enough to unseat the guy starting. 

Man, if only Cornelius Ingram or Clay Harbor had worked out. We'd be stacked at TE. 

Archived