QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

26 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Lmao the same people not worrying about QB moves right now are going to be the ones next season crying about having an anorexic offense and begging to make any excuse for AP they can while we stay in the middle of the pack and see no progress. 

It’s lying season in the NFL. Being aggressive when teams know you need a QB equals to a bad deal. Just ask the Panthers 

Let’s the draft play out and be aggressive when the opportunity presents itself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s lying season in the NFL. Being aggressive when teams know you need a QB equals to a bad deal. Just ask the Panthers 

Now we agree on that front. I’m not saying to make the trade this moment, but I just won’t feel comfortable unless we walk away with one of the top six QBs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Now we agree on that front. I’m not saying to make the trade this moment, but I just won’t feel comfortable unless we walk away with one of the top six QBs. 

I want a QB too but not at the point of surrender multiple 1st round picks for the 5th/6th best QB in the draft. Who could be riding the pine next season anyway

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I want a QB too but not at the point of surrender multiple 1st round picks for the 5th/6th best QB in the draft. Who could be riding the pine next season anyway

I don’t see it taking multiple firsts to get Penix or Nix and both have more upside than most of the QBs in the next draft class imo. 

38 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I don’t see it taking multiple firsts to get Penix or Nix and both have more upside than most of the QBs in the next draft class imo. 

Maybe. Teams know Vikings, Broncos and Raiders want QBs. They could hike the price

If Shaduer Sanders was in this draft, he be in competition to go #2 overall.

I think this time next season we’re gonna have at least 3-4 1st round QBs. We don’t know who will break out next season. Nix, Pennix, JJ McCarthy and Daniels weren’t considered 1st round picks last year. It was a two horse race between Williams/Maye

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Dak Prescott and Jared Goff are free agents next year too.

Do they get deals done? Goff probably does, Prescott may walk

Jerry Jones is loyal to a fault at times. I could see him sign Dak to a ridiculous contract that he hasn’t merited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Jerry Jones is loyal to a fault at times. I could see him sign Dak to a ridiculous contract that he hasn’t merited.

I think Dak won’t sign with Dallas unless they win the Super Bowl. They can’t Franchise him and it seems like he’s want a fresh start 

16 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The same people crying about QB moves now would be the same people crying in 2025  we don’t have 1st round or 2nd round picks  because we traded up for a QB who couldn’t be out AOC.

My advice is let the process play out. You don’t have to panic and make a bad deal. 

Mark doesn't believe in AP enough to get him a QB, he knows he's going to be looking for a new coach in a year or two.

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

If Shaduer Sanders was in this draft, he be in competition to go #2 overall.

No he wouldn't or would've declared, he had like 4 good games and was pretty mid outside of that which is why they were getting whooped every week. He'd be QB7 this year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The same people crying about QB moves now would be the same people crying in 2025  we don’t have 1st round or 2nd round picks  because we traded up for a QB who couldn’t be out AOC.

My advice is let the process play out. You don’t have to panic and make a bad deal. 

💯 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our lack of urgency in free agency has made next year look meh. I mean if you told us a few months ago we’d:

Hire Tom Telesco

Retain AP

Hire Luke Getsy

Sign Gardner Minshew to start

Who would’ve been pumped on that? 

Lack of urgency? They immediately landed a decade long need at DT. Got a spot starter/bridge QB. I would say that was urgent. 

What more were you hoping for? I personally don't like trying to build in FA. It rarely works out as you hope. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I'm real tired of the Panthers being used as a measuring stick for not trading up. 

Young is a good QB. He went to a bad team with poor ownership, no Oline or skill positions to help him. He wasn't an out of nowhere pick. He was projected as the #1 pick to start the season and played that way to the end. 

He will get right if they give him something to work with.  

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I'm real tired of the Panthers being used as a measuring stick for not trading up. 

Young is a good QB. He went to a bad team with poor ownership, no Oline or skill positions to help him. He wasn't an out of nowhere pick. He was projected as the #1 pick to start the season and played that way to the end. 

He will get right if they give him something to work with.  

They probably won't.  Panthers will probably be the worst team in football for the next 5-10 years because their owner is too hands on and doesn't know what he's doing at all.