Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

letsgo will trade down....he loves that route

I wouldn't mind trading down if there was any talent left. I don't see any meat in this draft after the Top 5. Seems to be a lot of good quality football players. Draft is by no means weak but the very 6-20 range seems a little underwhelming to me.

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

I wouldn't mind trading down if there was any talent left. I don't see any meat in this draft after the Top 5. Seems to be a lot of good quality football players. Draft is by no means weak but the very 6-20 range seems a little underwhelming to me.

If we are sitting at 4....we take a QB 1...Giants are almost guaranteed to take a QB at 2....that leaves us Minkah...Barkley...or Chubb....pretty sure I just take one of them fellas

3 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

So you draft a guy who has already been taken rather than take a RB

Great GM work.

Sorry, I misunderstood, mainly because I think the NYG most likely take a QB.

Maybe also because whoever is pickin #4 might, too.

In other words, I think Minkah will be there at #5.

15 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Edgerinn James, Ricky Williams, Jamal Lewis, LaDainian Tomlinson, Ezekiel Elliott and Leonard Fournette's teams are not complaining. Completely writing off a position without knowing who else is available is pretty laughable. Lets say Sam Darnold does go back to school and we end up picking 5th. 1. Josh Rosen 2. Minkah Fitzpatrick 3. Bradley Chubb and 4. just to put letsgo's darkhorse in here Denzel Ward. Who do you take at #5? Do you take a clearly inferior player simply because you don't like RBs? 

I’m not sure either the Saints or Phins were all too pleased for what they invested in Williams, but that’s another story.

I’ll write off rb in the top 10 indefinitely. As the list of league leaders shows, it's not necessary. I’d rather have a very, very good CB, DE, WR, etc., than an elite RB.

Of the guys you listed, 4/6 were taken quite a while ago and the game has changed.  More and more teams use multiple backs as opposed to one featured guy.

Zeke is averaging less ypc than the guy everyone wants to replace here.

Fournette is averaging less than 4 ypc.  His team is winning with a stunning defense, not Fournette running through guys.

Again, it’s  not about Barkley per se, he’s a stud muffin without argument, it’s simply a lack of gained efficiency or production over guys who could be had a bit later.

19 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Folks didn’t see meat at all in the 2013 draft either but almost every dude who went in the 20’s has been to the pro bowl.

There will be talent available.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There will be talent available.

I cannot see us adding another boatload of young players.

What I would prefer is to package our 3rd #2 with our #3 and/or #4 to move back up into the bottom of the 1st top of 2nd if there is a player there that we really want.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

I cannot see us adding another boatload of young players.

What I would prefer is to package our 3rd #2 with our #3 and/or #4 to move back up into the bottom of the 1st top of 2nd if there is a player there that we really want.

I think we can easily add 8-10 players (not all likely make the team), use some of the asset/s to acquire more premium picks next year as well as use some of the assets to acquire a vet qb.

Before I would trade down:

i would use 4-6 to draft the BEST offensive lineman available to replace Joe Thomas when or if he retires.  He won't be here forever, even without more injuries. 

We saw Darnold with no protection and the opportunity to get a great replacement is not always there. 

Just a free opinion. 

6 hours ago, HH650 said:

Before I would trade down:

i would use 4-6 to draft the BEST offensive lineman available to replace Joe Thomas when or if he retires.  He won't be here forever, even without more injuries. 

We saw Darnold with no protection and the opportunity to get a great replacement is not always there. 

Just a free opinion. 

I don’t mind spending a 2 to find his replacement, but I’m not spending a 4th overall pick on a guy to either sit and ride the bench or just bump a perfectly competent player to the bench.

Besides, I’m not sure you’d be able to argue a tackle would be bpa in the top 6.

@LETSGOBROWNIES you had an argument until I saw you’d prefer a corner and WR over a runningback. Could you please explain why? Runningbacks touch the ball and can make a much bigger impact than a WR. Corners are also limited in their impact as a whole.

If you want to prioritize defensive linemen, I support and understand that 100%

Archived