pgwingman's Mock Offseason V2.0 (Bakh staying)

pgwingman

How would you handle LT?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle LT?

• Bakh starts, with Rasheed backing up
    • Rasheed starts, with a mid round pick backing him up. Bakh cut.
    • High draft pick starts, Rasheed backing up

7 hours ago, n8ghee said:

I’d be willing to bet Bakh won’t be a packer next year

I suspect the only way Bak isn't a Packer next year is because his knee issue causes him to retire.  If Bak can play in 2024 he'll start for us unless another team gives us an offer we cannot refuse.  Would another team want to take on his salary at his age coming off a serious knee injury?  I kinda doubt it.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

I suspect the only way Bak isn't a Packer next year is because his knee issue causes him to retire.  If Bak can play in 2024 he'll start for us unless another team gives us an offer we cannot refuse.  Would another team want to take on his salary at his age coming off a serious knee injury?  I kinda doubt it.

or hell look like he can start, say hes good, and then go on pup, the play a game, then sit a few then IR and collect 30m

4 hours ago, fattlipp said:

or hell look like he can start, say hes good, and then go on pup, the play a game, then sit a few then IR and collect 30m

Sure that's possible but the guy is a pretty much stand up, straight shooter.  I just don't see him doing a ****** bag type thing like that to the Packers.  They have treated him pretty fairly and word has it, he and Gute get along pretty well.

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Sure that's possible but the guy is a pretty much stand up, straight shooter.  I just don't see him doing a ****** bag type thing like that to the Packers.  They have treated him pretty fairly and word has it, he and Gute get along pretty well.

I don't know why some fans will diss a guy who has a big contract but cannot play - like the player is lazy or just wants the paycheck.  I've heard from other players in the past who are on IR and they are not happy even tho the checks keep coming in.  They are in limbo and don't feel like one of the guys.  Most retired players say they miss the comradery in the locker room more than anything else once their playing days are over.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't know why some fans will diss a guy who has a big contract but cannot play - like the player is lazy or just wants the paycheck.  I've heard from other players in the past who are on IR and they are not happy even tho the checks keep coming in.  They are in limbo and don't feel like one of the guys.  Most retired players say they miss the comradery in the locker room more than anything else once their playing days are over.

Some even retire, then get traded and are basically retired on their new teams, and they bring friends who are all but retired and still getting paid.

10 hours ago, fattlipp said:

FYI to be eligible for PUP you have to be medically examined. It's not like when we call into work and pretend to be sick. Bakh has never been reported as a guy who would fake an injury.