Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

he might as well buy one himself and pay a pilot. it could be the KirkoKopter....

Would he pony up to pay a pilot or would he learn to fly it himself? He doesn't strike me as someone that would pay to be chauffeured around

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would he pony up to pay a pilot or would he learn to fly it himself? He doesn't strike me as someone that would pay to be chauffeured around

maybe he could make a deal with his favorite store and use the KohlsKopter.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I keep seeing that the Falcons are all in on Kirk.  I thought they were close to having a deal done for fields? If one can't trust nfl reporting what can they trust?

unsubstantiated rumors and made up stories!

33 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I keep seeing that the Falcons are all in on Kirk.  I thought they were close to having a deal done for fields? If one can't trust nfl reporting what can they trust?

Straddling both sides. Trying to bring down* the price for all scenarios. Soon we’ll hear, they are aggressively looking to go up to #3, and not go for JF or KC

Edited by CriminalMind
Typo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The rumor mill has turned white hot for Kirk Cousins to the Falcons. Through marriage, he has a connection to Atlanta, the Falcons have an offense itching to be unlocked, and quarterbacks of Cousins’ caliber rarely hit free agency. He was on pace for fringe MVP numbers before his Achilles injury last October and is recovering quickly this offseason from the nasty setback.

The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reported Saturday morning after her time at the NFL Combine: “That gets us to Cousins. He is the most valuable player on the market despite an Achilles injury he suffered in October. The Vikings want to retain him, and the 35-year-old has expressed his love for the organization, but history has shown us that Cousins is the best contract negotiator in sports. The question remains how high Minnesota is willing to go to keep the quarterback that coach Kevin O’Connell clearly wants back running his offense.”

“Over the next month, I’m keeping an eye on the Falcons. They believe Cousins is the type of player who moves them from a fringe playoff team to a contender. New Atlanta head coach Raheem Morris and offensive coordinator Zac Robinson both have familiarity with Cousins. Knowing this could be a seamless transition for Cousins and the talented young group of players across their roster, I expect the Falcons to compete for the rights to his contract. It makes all the sense in the world."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/team-for-kirk-cousins?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

yes Atlanta, do it!

Edited by vike daddy

Kevin O’Connell: "The combine just gave everybody else an opportunity, whether they are supposed to be or not, to maybe have conversations. I know Kirk, where he’s at in this whole process. He’s earned the right to be a free agent and he’s played really good football. I know (Cousins is) going to go through a full process. He’s a process guy. And hopefully, we continue to be a strong part in that process and we figure out a way to keep him a Minnesota Viking, but my expectation is we’re not going to be the only ones that would like Kirk Cousins to be the quarterback of our team in 2024."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/suddenly-changes?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The ever moving needle is definitely back pointing towards a Cousin departure. I think he is looking for a 3+ year type of situation, no reason to think he can't play well into his late 30s much like Rodgers.

Atlanta makes to much sense, and if they offer 50 million how can he say no.

One factor may be his family, he is such a big family guy that maybe they see Minnesota as home post retirement and don't want to up root.

6 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

One factor may be his family, he is such a big family guy that maybe they see Minnesota as home post retirement and don't want to up root.

Michigan is where they call home. And his wife is from Atlanta.